PDA

View Full Version : Mullin Automotive Museum

TravelGal
08-04-10, 05:00 PM
Autowag had an article last week about the Bugatti that sold for $40 mil a couple of months ago. No one seems willing to admit that they own it but it's parked for the moment at the Mullin Automotive Museum in Oxnard.

TravelGuy and I got tickets and wandered the upper gallery looking at the 1924 LeMans winner while the race was on. A very cool feeling. I've been to a few museums (e.g., Nethercutt, Petersen, Ford in Greenfield Village) but nothing struck me as fantastically organized and arranged as the Mullin. The cars are stunning. Truly. The exhibit itself and short movie are extremely well done. Also impressive is seeing the curator available on the exhibit floor, willing and happy to talk to anyone and everyone who has a question or comment. Well worth the trip, even if you have to detour to see it. If you can't make it in person, the website has a very nice montage under "The Collection."

oddlycalm
08-04-10, 05:58 PM
Cool, good tip. Some cars you can't easily get to see anywhere else. :thumbup:

The Bugatti is amazing. Classic Motors had one in for restoration back in the early 70's and it knocked me out. The engine block and cylinder head were machined in one piece out of a single billet of metal. Fabulous workmanship and attention to detail on every part.

oc