PDA

View Full Version : Conquest signs some Italian guy I never heard of for Mid Ohio..

Fio1
08-03-10, 06:21 PM
Francesco Dracone (who?) will make his debut in Mid Ohio, replacing Mario Romancini. Obviously if I never heard of the guy it doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't any good. So, I had to look him up on web and see what's what. I found on driver database that he competed in over 60 starts in F3, Italian F3000 (old A1GP cars) and such with zero wins, zero poles and zero fastest laps. But, he does bring a pasta sponsorship with him, which buys him a few races.

Conquest is the official obscure foreign driver's Indy Car team. They have brought more drivers no one has ever heard of to Indy Cars then all the other teams combine. Too bad none of these guys can stick around for more then a dozen or so races, if even that. I wonder if they are running ads in trades?

Rogue Leader
08-03-10, 06:56 PM
I wonder if he is related to Gaston Mazzacane :tony:

pchall
08-03-10, 07:54 PM
Hardly an inspiring resume -- clearly the dregs of Italian formula car racing. But he brings a check and Conquest keeps the lights on a little longer. It's really sad that North American single seater racing has declined to the point where talented drivers no longer see it as a good career move to race here.

cameraman
08-03-10, 08:59 PM
Ummmm, wow. You don't get the grandeur of his career without breaking it down:rolleyes:

Superstars Series Kyalami 12th
Superstars Series Kyalami DNF

Euroseries 3000 Monza 5th
Euroseries 3000 Vallelunga 7th
Euroseries 3000 Valencia DNF
Euroseries 3000 Valencia 6th
Euroseries 3000 Valencia 7th
Euroseries 3000 Zolder 7th
Euroseries 3000 Spa-Francorchamps 8th
Euroseries 3000 Spa-Francorchamps DNF

Euroseries 3000 Catalunya 5th
Euroseries 3000 Catalunya 8th
Euroseries 3000 Jerez DNF
Euroseries 3000 Jerez 7th
Euroseries 3000 Misano DNF
Euroseries 3000 Mugello 9th
Euroseries 3000 Mugello DNF
Euroseries 3000 Valencia 8th
Euroseries 3000 Spa-Francorchamps 10th
Euroseries 3000 Vallelunga 8th

Methanolandbrats
08-03-10, 09:34 PM
Another rich Euro-douche, that will fill the stands and peg the TV-eyeball meter.

Michaelhatesfans
08-03-10, 10:13 PM
Francesco Dracone (who?) will make his debut in Mid Ohio, replacing Mario Romancini.

Hell, I've never even heard of the guy he's replacing.:laugh:

Steve99
08-03-10, 10:25 PM
Francesco Dracone (who?)

replacing Mario Romancini

Another rich Euro-douche, that will fill the stands and peg the TV-eyeball meter.
Convince the tweens he's a vampire related to Dracula and watch the ratings soar!

Hell, I've never even heard of the guy he's replacing.:laugh:
You mean Romancini's not a female Olympic gymnast? :confused:

Rogue Leader
08-04-10, 07:35 AM
Maybe they could replace a couple of the KV racing guys who have busted like 30 tubs between them this season?

Wally
08-04-10, 02:34 PM
Superstars Series Kyalami 12th
Superstars Series Kyalami DNF

Euroseries 3000 Valencia 6th
Euroseries 3000 Valencia 7th
Euroseries 3000 Spa-Francorchamps 8th
Euroseries 3000 Spa-Francorchamps DNF

Euroseries 3000 Catalunya 5th
Euroseries 3000 Catalunya 8th
Euroseries 3000 Jerez DNF
Euroseries 3000 Jerez 7th
Euroseries 3000 Mugello 9th
Euroseries 3000 Mugello DNF
Euroseries 3000 Valencia 8th
Euroseries 3000 Spa-Francorchamps 10th
Euroseries 3000 Vallelunga 8th

Its beats sparkel pony's stats.......:laugh:

Fio1
08-04-10, 05:03 PM
Maybe they could replace a couple of the KV racing guys who have busted like 30 tubs between them this season?

Hey the KV guys will gain a lot of experience with body work; therefore the KV aero tweeks might actually be really good next year!

The series is becoming a series for guys who can't make it to GP2. It's a sad deal that's for sure. What used to compete with F1, is now basically below GP2. :irked:

Once a manufacture hires Penske & Ganassi to run their ALMS program, those two will bail out of IRL.

cameraman
08-04-10, 05:57 PM
The series is becoming a series for guys who can't make it to GP2. Dracone couldn't make it into GP3...

stroker
08-04-10, 09:31 PM
Dracone couldn't make it into GP3...

Sounds like a promising ad campaign for the .1RL--"Why not run Indianapolis? We're cheaper than F3!"

opinionated ow
08-05-10, 01:37 AM
Sounds like a promising ad campaign for the .1RL--"Why not run Indianapolis? We're cheaper than F3!"

GP3=**** Bernie version of Formula 3 just without innovation, passing or interest.

Rogue Leader
08-05-10, 01:11 PM
Hey the KV guys will gain a lot of experience with body work; therefore the KV aero tweeks might actually be really good next year!

The series is becoming a series for guys who can't make it to GP2. It's a sad deal that's for sure. What used to compete with F1, is now basically below GP2. :irked:

Once a manufacture hires Penske & Ganassi to run their ALMS program, those two will bail out of IRL.

Already happened with Penske and Porsche remember? Not to defend the IRL but they didn't bail on it at all.

Rus'L
08-05-10, 04:27 PM
Francesco Dracone (who?) will make his debut in Mid Ohio, replacing Mario Romancini. Obviously if I never heard of the guy it doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't any good. So, I had to look him up on web and see what's what. I found on driver database that he competed in over 60 starts in F3, Italian F3000 (old A1GP cars) and such with zero wins, zero poles and zero fastest laps. But, he does bring a pasta sponsorship with him, which buys him a few races.

Conquest is the official obscure foreign driver's Indy Car team. They have brought more drivers no one has ever heard of to Indy Cars then all the other teams combine. Too bad none of these guys can stick around for more then a dozen or so races, if even that. I wonder if they are running ads in trades?

Thank God FTG fixed this type of behavior in CART...

Rus'L
08-05-10, 04:29 PM
I wonder if he is related to Gaston Mazzacane :tony:

I once hired someone whose last name was Mazzacane. When I brought up Gaston, figuring there's no way she would know who he is, she said, yeah, her husband is a distant relative of his.

When I tired to politely say he wasn't very good, she said, "Oh, yeah, we know!" :laugh:

Rus'L
08-05-10, 04:30 PM

Don't delude yourself. Penske will never bail on OWR.

Fio1
08-07-10, 01:08 AM
Never saw never. He can't keep paying for this nonsense himself. You have to remember that Roger Penske was first a sportscar driver, not formula car driver like Chipo. He'll go where the money is. ALMS is moving up, IRL is moving down. Also, remember he used to built his own cars. Now he has to buy them from Italy.

opinionated ow
08-07-10, 02:56 AM
Never saw never. He can't keep paying for this nonsense himself. You have to remember that Roger Penske was first a sportscar driver, not formula car driver like Chipo. He'll go where the money is. ALMS is moving up, IRL is moving down. Also, remember he used to built his own cars. Now he has to buy them from Italy.

I'd suggest that isn't strictly true...

G.
08-07-10, 10:54 AM
I once hired someone whose last name was Mazzacane. When I brought up Gaston, figuring there's no way she would know who he is, she said, yeah, her husband is a distant relative of his.

When I tired to politely say he wasn't very good, she said, "Oh, yeah, we know!" :laugh:

I interviewed someone with the last name George.

I passed. You know, just in case.

:gomer:

Fio1
08-10-10, 12:49 PM
Can't say the Italian Dragon was very impressive, that's for sure.

On the other hand, it is pretty funny that championship Euro drivers rather spend a million dollars being a test driver with Virgin Racing and doing as many miles as we all have in that said car, then doing a full season of Earl. Andy Soucek is the driver with the million dollars and no seat time...

Earl is the GP2/ F2 alternative....

Gnam
08-10-10, 02:03 PM
"Bring me the head of Fabrizio del Monte!"
:laugh:

extramundane
08-10-10, 03:20 PM
Hey, if he finished one spot behind Danica, that must mean he's pretty good, right?

Right?

Rus'L
08-10-10, 03:52 PM

I'm saying never.

You obviously do not completely understand Roger by writing what you just did.

However, I'll be the first to buy you a beer if he does bail.

oddlycalm
08-10-10, 06:47 PM
"Bring me the head of Fabrizio del Monte!"
:laugh:
:laugh: You beat me to it but we both thought of the same thing. Management needs to hear that sort of thing from time to time....:cool:

ov

Fio1
08-11-10, 02:48 PM
I liked Fabrizio Del Monte. Any guy who is willing to cut the chicane in Monza to gain 20 spots in a race and gets away with it, is a guy worth bringing to Nascar! Therefore, he should have done like Max Pappis and done his years in Indy Cars....:rofl: