PDA

View Full Version : Hungary 2010

Gnam
07-30-10, 05:20 PM
The subtitle to this episode is: Massa's Revenge

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7388/circuitmaphun.jpg

TrueBrit
07-30-10, 05:33 PM
I hope Felipe does well..I hope his whingeing team-mate's engine seizes on the grid and I hope that Webbah punts his grinning imbecilic team-mate into the weeds at T1..then when the dust settles the Silver Arrows come in 1-2....

Pilgrims Drop
07-30-10, 06:09 PM
then when the dust settles the Silver Arrows come in 1-2....
Neither Schumacher nor Rosberg will win this one... Mercs are way behind... should your wishful thinking come true... I'd say that the Renaults may have a chance...

Cam
07-30-10, 09:23 PM
Neither Schumacher nor Rosberg will win this one... Mercs are way behind... should your wishful thinking come true... I'd say that the Renaults may have a chance...

Wrong Silver Arrows team. :gomer:

NismoZ
07-30-10, 09:26 PM
Yeah, but who is the guest steward?

emjaya
07-30-10, 09:48 PM
Yeah, but who is the guest steward?

Derek Warwick.

Pilgrims Drop
07-31-10, 12:01 AM
Wrong Silver Arrows team. :gomer:
I know who he meant... also know the mans legendary... dare I say "passionately severe disdain" towards a certain bavarian driver... and now that Merc have their own team... they're the silver arrows... ;)

Methanolandbrats
07-31-10, 12:16 AM
The Commie has his foot down. Will Vettel step on his balls again at the start?

STD
07-31-10, 01:05 AM
Neither Schumacher nor Rosberg will win this one... Mercs are way behind... should your wishful thinking come true...

Got to love it! Nicely played. :laugh:

Hoping for a no chrome podium.

cameraman
07-31-10, 10:50 AM
Unless they do something really stupid, which is highly likely, the Red Bulls should lap just about the entire field...

opinionated ow
07-31-10, 10:58 AM
Unless they do something really stupid, which is highly likely, the Red Bulls should lap just about the entire field...

I reckon we're goign to see Vettel do a drive like Alonso did there in 2003(?) when he won his first GP-lapped up to 5th.

Michaelhatesfans
07-31-10, 12:06 PM
Derek Warwick.

Poor guy is probably still coughing up gravel from that big shunt at Hockenheim all those years ago. That one was nasty!

Insomniac
07-31-10, 01:20 PM
Hamilton was close to the Ferrari's in qualifying. Enough to keep pace in the race? If Vettel didn't learn from last week, Alonso might be looking at just going straight on the start to get P1. Webber might not even be able to keep up with Vettel. It'll be interesting if Vettel messes up the start and Webber is in P1.

The front could be interesting, or really boring.

I wonder how they are getting by on the deflection test for the front wing. Are the weights not heavy enough? Is it the placement of the weights?

TrueBrit
07-31-10, 02:25 PM
I know who he meant... also know the mans legendary... dare I say hate towards a certain bavarian driver... and now that Merc have their own team... they're the silver arrows... ;)

"Hate" is a strong word, I prefer "passionately severe disdain" when describing that pointy-chinned has-been...

The only Silver cars on the grid are the McLarens...the Mercs look more like a tarnished pewter..

Methanolandbrats
07-31-10, 10:55 PM
"Hate" is a strong word, I prefer "passionately severe disdain" when describing that pointy-chinned has-been...

The only Silver cars on the grid are the McLarens...the Mercs look more like a tarnished pewter..

McLaren stole the color too.

emjaya
07-31-10, 11:12 PM
I am hoping for Fred, Webber and Vettel to gain some points on the McLaren duo and have the championship go into the last few rounds a close five way fight.

pchall
08-01-10, 06:20 AM
The Hungaroring sucks. I've seen that track make DTM cars look like crapwagons. Anyway, the only race there I really remember was monitored on an internet feed in 97 when Hill the Lesser made everyone look foolish for most of the race in an Arrows/Yamaha. Almost a classic *****ox hero drive --- just a few laps short.

EVL29
08-01-10, 08:52 AM
When Bridgestone made everyone...

opinionated ow
08-01-10, 08:56 AM
What a farce of a regulation! It's not like that even affects the outcome of the race...

Methanolandbrats
08-01-10, 09:40 AM
Schumacher is an *******.

NismoZ
08-01-10, 09:50 AM
Holy sh**. If Brainfart felt justified in pushing Castroneves back 10 spots for what was in essence NOTHING, I wonder what the stewards might suggest be handed to Schumacher!? What can we call that? Certainly wasn't a chop..."pointy-chinned pushing/leaning etc., etc?" I think Rubens should just go punch him out!

Methanolandbrats
08-01-10, 09:52 AM
Holy sh**. If Brainfart felt justified in pushing Castroneves back 10 spots for what was in essence NOTHING, I wonder what the stewards might suggest be handed to Schumacher!? What can we call that? Certainly wasn't a chop..."pointy-chinned pushing/leaning etc., etc?" I think Rubens should just go punch him out!

What can we call that? How about attempted murder?

NismoZ
08-01-10, 09:55 AM
HEY! Who's OUR Secretary of State For Sport? Van Jones?

Elmo T
08-01-10, 10:10 AM

We are MSC fans in this house, but I agree.

There is driving defensively, blocking, and then there is that piece of driving BS. :shakehead

opinionated ow
08-01-10, 10:31 AM
The difference between Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher is that Senna is dead and therefore lauded...

pchall
08-01-10, 11:08 AM

jordan ride and M-B golden boy. It could all be different if somebody could have screwed 2% nice into his genome.

gerhard911
08-01-10, 11:25 AM
Schmuckmacher has driven like that his entire career :thumdown: It somehow just looks more egregious when pulled on mid-packers :shakehead

cameraman
08-01-10, 11:52 AM
If Vettel wants to win the WDC mebbe he should pay attention...

Any word on penalties for the pointy-chinned asshat?

Answer my own question, ten grid spot penalty at Spa. Seems a little light for what was nearly crashing Rubens out.

Fio1
08-01-10, 12:23 PM
With all these 'teen' and early 20 year olds making it in F1, it is pretty ironic that a mid-30 year-old is leading the championship. Vettel has to stop making mistakes if he wants to win the title. Weber will win it this year and prove that experience counts for something!

Petrov ran a great race, and has impressed me greatly. I believe he deserves that second seat at Renault even without that 12 million dollars. He sure is 10X (at least) better then Piquet junior.

Schumacher is driving like his old self and will one day kill someone. He should race a Mercedes in British Touring Cars and done with it.

And, who cares who drives the HRT, it's not they'll improve position. I vote for Klein for Monza then Wurz, then Villeneuve, then Piquet jr, followed by Kartahienian and finally Danny Sullivan for the season finale.

stroker
08-01-10, 01:16 PM
Is it me, or is Vettel channeling Montoya in being capable of being described as having a million-dollar foot and a five-cent brain? At the end of the safety car I thought, hey, he's being a good teammate and letting Webber get back in the hunt. Then I thought, stop with the theater and drive the damn car!

extramundane
08-01-10, 01:47 PM
Is it me, or is Vettel channeling Montoya in being capable of being described as having a million-dollar foot and a five-cent brain?

I said this morning that he's half Schumacher and half Montoya. And not necessarily the best halves.

If Webber beats him in the WDC, I suspect we'll see tantrums that make Fred look like Mr. Rogers.

Also: **** Schumacher. With a cactus.

Methanolandbrats
08-01-10, 02:15 PM
The difference between Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher is that Senna is dead and therefore lauded...

Exactly, Senna was much worse, so I never really understood the God like status he had when alive. Today was especially bad because it involved coming within inches of pushing a much faster car into the pit wall for no reason other than ego.

Vettel gets dumber every week. Rules are rules, so STFU, follow the rules and drive the car.

Insomniac
08-01-10, 03:12 PM
At the end of the safety car I thought, hey, he's being a good teammate and letting Webber get back in the hunt.

I was thinking the same thing. Helping Webber get some space so he can pit and get out. Then after the race he just said he wasn't paying attention. Nice way to throw out 1st place. He was fortunate that Massa wasn't closer to Alonso.

Great drive by Webber. Made those tires last and put plenty of distance between he and Alonso. Ferrari had to know the race was theirs if they could keep close enough to Webber to get past during his stop and couldn't do it.

4 week break now. Very lame.

Insomniac
08-01-10, 08:34 PM
Regarding the overtaking manoeuvre with Rubens (Barrichello), I indicated pretty early that I would move towards the inside and not simply give up the line, and there was just enough space for him to pass me without touching each other. It was a hard fight, and this is what we are here for, but I accept that the FIA stewards saw it as too hard.

"just enough space" :rolleyes:

oddlycalm
08-02-10, 04:20 AM
Always figured Webber's racing luck would change eventually, but it sure took a long time. On the other hand even Button could win in the Red Bull.... :D

Vettel and Hamilton seem to both have a sense of entitlement having gotten big heads from their initial successes. Both are getting some reality therapy. Engines do blow and if you snooze you lose.

Schumacher is no surprise but to do over 1pt for 10th place in the midst of his little comeback tour shows that behind all those relaxed smiles for the media lurks desperation and embarrassment.

oc

Rogue Leader
08-02-10, 07:47 AM
Always figured Webber's racing luck would change eventually, but it sure took a long time. On the other hand even Button could win in the Red Bull.... :D

Vettel and Hamilton seem to both have a sense of entitlement having gotten big heads from their initial successes. Both are getting some reality therapy. Engines do blow and if you snooze you lose.

Schumacher is no surprise but to do over 1pt for 10th place in the midst of his little comeback tour shows that behind all those relaxed smiles for the media lurks desperation and embarrassment.

oc

Considering this season I would rate Hamilton as a better driver than Vettel. In terms of raw talent, Vettel has it, maybe even more than Hamilton. But his "meteoric" rise to the top has smacked into a wall by his inexperience and insecurity. He seems to have come in expecting to win every race and when he doesn't he just falls apart and gets bent. He needs to grow up and drive like a champion and not a whining twit. Hamilton had some of those brainfarts early on as well, but nowhere nearly as bad as Vettel

He was expecting to have a season like Schumi did in the Ferrari in the early 2000's and doesn't seem to get that his car isn't as dominant and his teammate is more talented and has bigger balls than Schumi's did.

Mark Webber has paid his dues, drove some really s***** cars for many years, including the early Red Bull to make it to this point. He knows what it takes to win, as well as keep up the championship. If either of them is gonna win I hope its him because he actually deserves it.

Schumi needs to hang it up. If he didn't "retire" 3 years ago he might still be able to compete here, but the old saying is true, if you don't use it you lose it.

Elmo T
08-02-10, 08:45 AM
Schumi needs to hang it up. If he didn't "retire" 3 years ago he might still be able to compete here, but the old saying is true, if you don't use it you lose it.

Danica Schumacher's boss says it isn't him, it is the tires. :shakehead

Front tyres design hurting Schumacher (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85823)

TedN
08-02-10, 10:13 AM
Vettel gets dumber every week. Rules are rules, so STFU, follow the rules and drive the car.

Agreed, although I wonder if the Red Bull team knew Vettel was lagging and, if so, why the didn't have him close the gap before the restart?

Ted

WickerBill
08-02-10, 10:17 AM
Agreed, although I wonder if the Red Bull team knew Vettel was lagging and, if so, why the didn't have him close the gap before the restart?

Ted

He claimed his radio was out... but the thing is, his radio obviously worked right before that, since the team called him into the pits at the last second.

I smell something fishy, like Red Bull telling him to hold Alonso back, he goes too far, and costs himself a win.

Methanolandbrats
08-02-10, 10:35 AM
He claimed his radio was out... but the thing is, his radio obviously worked right before that, since the team called him into the pits at the last second.

I smell something fishy, like Red Bull telling him to hold Alonso back, he goes too far, and costs himself a win.

That makes sense, it also makes Webber the #1 driver :D

Don Quixote
08-02-10, 10:49 AM
Vettel's body language in the post race presser was great. The pouty baby couldn't stop squirming as Webber got all the attention.

opinionated ow
08-02-10, 10:53 AM

That's what Martin Brundle suggested...

As for his reactions, I see in that a racer desperate to win. But I see that portrayed not in the moronic and down right dirty ways of a Senna or Schumacher...

RichK
08-02-10, 11:53 AM

His radio also worked right AFTER that as well - I remember he asked the team "what is the drive-through for?"

oddlycalm
08-02-10, 03:04 PM
If Vettel continues on the same course he may well set the high water mark for self-defeating moves by a driver in a single season. Maybe four weeks off will give him time to gain some perspective or maybe the pressure from Webber is too much for him.

oc

Don Quixote
08-02-10, 03:42 PM
Maybe four weeks off will give him time to gain some perspective ...

ocBut it is doubtful that his maturity will increase by the needed orders of magnitude in the next 4 weeks.

WickerBill
08-02-10, 04:37 PM
He is capable of going out and dominating a weekend. This would have been that weekend without the brain lapse/helping Webber incident.

If he wants to win the championship, he needs to go dominate a couple of races in a row and demoralize some of his competition. He has the car and the ability to do it.

TrueBrit
08-02-10, 04:40 PM
Schmuckmacher has driven like that his entire career :thumdown: It somehow just looks more egregious when pulled on mid-packers :shakehead

Right? ****...I finally feel somewhat vindicated after all these years..dirty, cheating, chopping pointy-chinned bastard has ALWAYS driven like this...this is news to some???

His apologies are just as bad as his driving...

I am also pleasantly encouraged by the fact that criticism of Senna is now no longer done with whispers in the shadows and hushed tones..he was a dirty bugger too...

I never, EVER saw Gilles Villeneuve, Ronnie Peterson, Graham Hill etc pull this chopping crap..and Vettel really, REALLY needs to shut up and drive...Where did the MEN go that used to drive in F-1?

Pilgrims Drop
08-02-10, 06:52 PM
Where did the MEN go that used to drive in F-1?

They are few and far between... Not many do their talking on the track anymore... makes me almost miss Kimi Raikkonen... on the track was the only time he said anything at all :)

But i think that Robert Kubica and perhaps Mark Webber would fit the description... together with Heikki Kovalainen... they seem to go about their business and aren't afraid to admit it if they screwed up...

Gnam
08-03-10, 02:31 AM
The new subtitle to this episode is: Ruben's Revenge

First his comment expressing regret at helping Schumacher win, then forcing MS into showing the world what kind of 'champion' he really is. Even the Speed crew were left speechless. :thumbup:

Also, imo Vettel was screwed by his team. They asked him to hold up Alonso so Weber could build a gap before he pitted in the hopes of scoring a RedBull 1-2. Only problem is, unlike them, Ferrari did not forget about the 10 car length rule. No good deed goes unpunished. Tough lesson to learn.

Team orders cost Massa a win last week and they cost Vettel a win this week. :yuck:

WickerBill
08-03-10, 07:28 AM
They asked him to hold up Alonso so Weber could build a gap

Well, you don't know that....

Insomniac
08-03-10, 09:07 AM
Danica Schumacher's boss says it isn't him, it is the tires. :shakehead

Front tyres design hurting Schumacher (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85823)

He's not the man anymore, time to learn how to adjust to the car. His teammate is having better success at that.

Insomniac
08-03-10, 09:09 AM
Well, you don't know that....

I'd assume if they did, we'd all know about it. Aren't the radios un-encrypted?

emjaya
08-03-10, 09:22 AM
The FIA, and the other teams, listens to all the radio chat between the teams and drivers. There were no orders, Vettel screwed up.

Besides, when they showed the video evidence it was for the gap on the front straight, not the restart. Maybe he should have got two drive-thoughs....:gomer:

emjaya
08-03-10, 09:45 AM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85838

Former F1 driver Derek Warwick says Michael Schumacher came close to being disqualified from the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Warwick, who joined the stewards' panel for the Hungaroring race, said the reason why Schumacher was not black-flagged for his move on Rubens Barrichello was because there was no time left in the race.

"If we had enough laps [we could have disqualified him] but you have to have video evidence and make sure all four stewards are in agreement."

He added: "You have to view the evidence you have and you could disqualify him from the next Grand Prix, or two Grands Prix.

"But we felt a 10-place penalty is a big penalty to carry for Spa. It kind of puts him out of the race at Spa, and hopefully he will learn from that and remember that the new stewards will not tolerate that driving."

Don Quixote
08-03-10, 10:19 AM
They make it sound like a black flag would have been such a big thing. Not so much when it looked to me like he was trying to kill Rubens. :thumdown:

Gnam
08-03-10, 11:45 AM
There were no orders, Vettel screwed up.
Right.

Wasn't it Webber who said it's impossible to eliminate team orders since the FIA can't monitor every meeting before the race?

Besides, this is the internet. I don't need proof. :p