PDA

View Full Version : Forward To The Past

NismoZ
07-29-10, 09:19 PM
Seven races this weekend at www.autobahngrandprix.com Joliet. No more Atlantics, but we get: TRANS AM! (8 cars, woo woo!) Formula Mazda, FF2000, VW TDI Cup, Mustang Challenge, Miata Cup, and Porsche Cayman Interseries(:confused:)...at least I don't have to leave the state.:gomer:

TrueBrit
07-30-10, 05:00 PM
Hell yeah...I might have to go and check that out...been too long since I've heard an engine fired up in anger..

Methanolandbrats
07-30-10, 05:15 PM
That sounds like fun.

TrueBrit
07-30-10, 05:31 PM
That sounds like fun.

You should come on down..start paying off some of those beers...;)

NismoZ
07-30-10, 09:21 PM
TB-havn't seen you since Mario was giving Corvette rides at The Mile! Of course I was high up in the aluminum opposite pit-in with my binocs...but I could tell it was you!:D I'll be there Sat. about 8am! Coffee not beer. White polo/white Mazda hat...I seem to have lost my 7g credential holder:cry: (PS-they give golf cart shuttles all over, but a good spot is near the entrance outside pit road and the loop entering the S/F straight.:) Hope you can make it. No Sun. for me, though.:()

TrueBrit
07-31-10, 02:30 PM
TB-havn't seen you since Mario was giving Corvette rides at The Mile! Of course I was high up in the aluminum opposite pit-in with my binocs...but I could tell it was you!:D I'll be there Sat. about 8am! Coffee not beer. White polo/white Mazda hat...I seem to have lost my 7g credential holder:cry: (PS-they give golf cart shuttles all over, but a good spot is near the entrance outside pit road and the loop entering the S/F straight.:) Hope you can make it. No Sun. for me, though.:()

Bummer! Spousal unit has me running all 'round Hell's Half-Acre with a honey-do list as long as my arm today...Will be there Sun am...looking at the map I was thinking about hanging out in the spectator area at the end of the South Loop but I'll check your suggestion too...Can't believe how much I am looking forward to it!

NismoZ
07-31-10, 10:09 PM
Big rain this AM, but the rest of day went well. Car numbers WAY down.:( (economy?) USF2000 and Star Mazda looked good. Remember Tonis Kasemets? He won the 2000 event for Pabst's team. Connor Daly passed 10 cars on lap 1 and finished a strong 3rd in Star Mazda. Sadly only 11 cars in Trans Am, 8 Caymans, 7 Mustangs but a bunch of Miatas slugged it out. Good time walking around the paddock, but food is outrageously priced. Bring your own if you can. Good luck, and check out the 2 girls in Star Mazda...Tatiana Calderon and Ashley (FREIBERG)...they are GOOD! (placed 4th and 6th)

NismoZ
08-02-10, 10:53 AM
Edit: That was Ashley FREIBERG (not Barber)...both finished outside the top 10 on Sun. Conor Daley won in Star Mazda. Sage Karam won Sun. for Andretti Autosport in F2000. Tonis Kasemets took 3rd for Pabst Racing Services in 2000s after winning on Sat. (some Ztecs in USF2000, ALL Mazda MZRs next year. Will the two series then merge, or what?) Doubtful since the LEEEG runs 2000. Star Mazdas were about 4-5 secs. quicker, though.

NismoZ
08-12-10, 05:59 PM
Just looked more closely at my Star Mazda pics from Autobahn. On Sat. Conor Daly improved 10 spots on lap one! Here he is passing at least 3 of them by T-2...on the outside...with a little opposite lock.Very nice stuff!
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae161/dlh4646/ConorDaly.jpg

NismoZ
08-12-10, 06:03 PM
(I know this is open wheel but most races that day weren't...and I'd already started here, so...)