PDA

View Full Version : Jack Roush Crashes Plane

Corner5
07-28-10, 12:17 PM
This was on the news this morning-

He flew to EAA in Oshkosh.

Glad he's okay.

pic-

http://spreadreport.com/nascar-team-owner-jack-roush-walks-away-from-plane-crash-video/

Andrew Longman
07-28-10, 01:46 PM
Jeebus. He would have drowned when he crashed in 2002 if a guy hadn't pulled him from the wreck. Time to take up a bike or walk.

Article in yesterday's USA Today about how many crashes and fatalities are associated with the Oshkosh show.

Methanolandbrats
07-28-10, 02:31 PM
Jeebus. He would have drowned when he crashed in 2002 if a guy hadn't pulled him from the wreck. Time to take up a bike or walk.

Article in yesterday's USA Today about how many crashes and fatalities are associated with the Oshkosh show.

I live 100 miles from Oshkosh. You should see the Gomered up **** that flys over my house every year on the way there and back :D I went once, it's an amazing show, it's been a few years since someone walked into a propeller and got turned into chum, but they still wad up a lot of planes.

oddlycalm
07-28-10, 03:51 PM
Glad they walked away. You gotta wonder how many bizjets he can write off before the insurance people stop taking his calls. Insurance for general aviation aircraft isn't cheap to begin with.

oc

SteveH
07-28-10, 04:03 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-07-27-airshow27_ST_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Don Quixote
07-28-10, 04:29 PM
Glad they walked away. You gotta wonder how many bizjets he can write off before the insurance people stop taking his calls. Insurance for general aviation aircraft isn't cheap to begin with.

ocWhen they stop taking his calls, I think Jack can self insure. :D That picture looks like he lost a cage match.

grungex
07-28-10, 11:31 PM
A friend of mine in WI knows him fairly well, seems he might lose an eye...

Methanolandbrats
07-28-10, 11:37 PM

:(

Andrew Longman
07-28-10, 11:39 PM
You gotta wonder how many bizjets he can write off ...I think the other plane he crashed was an experimental plane.

Yup http://www.nascar.com/2002/news/headlines/wc/04/27/roush_update/index.html

Gnam
07-29-10, 02:19 AM
Dang. That's a lot of blood. :(

TKGAngel
07-29-10, 01:45 PM

Yikes. :(

Wasn't the hospital he was taken to the same one that treated daMatta after his run-in with Bambi at Road America? The name is ringing a bell for some reason.

Elmo T
07-29-10, 03:19 PM
Dang. That's a lot of blood. :(

Facial/head injuries bleed quite a bit - even superficial ones.

Given the racing's track record with aviation incidents - he ought to be sticking to ground transportation for now. Twice is more than enough. :saywhat:

patski
07-29-10, 03:50 PM
Yikes. :(

Wasn't the hospital he was taken to the same one that treated daMatta after his run-in with Bambi at Road America? The name is ringing a bell for some reason.

Yes

JohnHKart
07-29-10, 04:36 PM
Just don't get it. He flies the P-51 fine without dinging it at that show. Then flies home, gets the jet and loses control a few feet off the ground and crashes it.

Corner5
07-29-10, 05:00 PM
Jack Roush Transferred to Mayo Clinic

7/29/2010 12:48 PM ET By FanHouse Staff

Jack Roush, co-owner of the Roush Fenway Racing team in NASCAR, was transferred to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., on Wednesday evening, the Roush Fenway website reported Thursday. Roush was transferred after undergoing surgery Tuesday night for the facial injuries he suffered after crashing his jet while attempting to land at an Oshkosh, Wis., airport.

Roush, who walked out of the crumpled jet after the crash, remains in serious but stable condition, the site said.

The NASCAR owner was attempting to land his Premier Beechcraft jet at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh. An aviation buff, Roush was flying in to attend the Experimental Aircraft Association's annual AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wis., this week.

Roush's only passenger, Brenda Strickland of Plymouth, Mich., also walked out of the plane after the crash and was hospitalized overnight. She was released Wednesday.

Before being transferred to the famous Minnesota clinic for further treatment of his facial injuries, Roush underwent facial surgery Tuesday night at Theda Clark Medical Center in Neenah, Wisc., the site reported.

The nature of Roush's facial injuries has not yet been publicly detailed, but he was bleeding heavily around the nose and lower face when he emerged from his crashed plane after the accident -- the second plane crash Roush has survived.

Roush's jet was close to the runway when the right wing dipped, the nose veered and the plane belly flopped onto the ground. It cartwheeled nose to tail horizontally before coming to a stop on its belly, with the fuselage split.

http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2010/07/29/jack-roush-transferred-to-mayo-clinic/

RichK
07-29-10, 05:26 PM
Wow - hope he recovers fully - but did anyone else see this similarity or have I been watching too many movies?

Methanolandbrats
07-29-10, 11:07 PM
Rich guys should hire pilots. Ya flying is fun, buy sometimes DIY is just not the best alternative.

chop456
07-30-10, 01:42 AM
Coulthard hired a pilot. Just sayin'. :\

cameraman
07-30-10, 01:59 AM
Okay rich guys should hire a good pilot...

If he really cartwheeled that thing he is damn lucky it didn't explode.:shakehead

Methanolandbrats
07-30-10, 08:17 AM
Coulthard hired a pilot. Just sayin'. :\

Ya, and Clothead only crashed once :gomer:

chop456
07-30-10, 08:32 AM
And his girlfriend at the time was from Wisconsin. Roush crashed in Wisconsin. SRV crashed in Wisconsin. Otis Redding crashed in Wisconsin.

I smell conspiracy.

NismoZ
07-30-10, 10:43 AM
That whole damn state has been a conspiracy since the turn of the LAST century!:irked: (but I really like parts of it:))

extramundane
07-30-10, 12:22 PM
Okay rich guys should hire a good pilot...

If he really cartwheeled that thing he is damn lucky it didn't explode.:shakehead

TMZ (of all places) has "landing" pics here (http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/jack_roushs_plane_crashed_pictures#tab=most_recent ).

Methanolandbrats
07-30-10, 12:43 PM
TMZ (of all places) has "landing" pics here (http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/jack_roushs_plane_crashed_pictures#tab=most_recent ).

What the hell was he trying to do? Looks like it stalled and fell short of the runway :saywhat: Turned a little late? Understeer ?:gomer:

emjaya
07-30-10, 09:58 PM
What the hell was he trying to do? Looks like it stalled and fell short of the runway :saywhat: Turned a little late? Understeer ?:gomer:

Hummer?

stroker
07-31-10, 10:14 AM
Oh, that'll buff right out.

Methanolandbrats
07-31-10, 10:42 AM

Don't click on those Lady Ga Ga pics if you have a sensitive stomach :yuck:

trish
08-13-10, 06:02 PM

He either lost his left eye, or lost vision in his left eye. Depends on what article you read today. But he intends to keep flying.

TKGAngel
08-13-10, 06:35 PM
He either lost his left eye, or lost vision in his left eye. Depends on what article you read today. But he intends to keep flying.

Jayski says Roush has a permanent vision loss in the left eye (after the eyeball ruptured), as well as broke his jaw, sustained a compression fracture in his back and hurt his left cheek.

cameraman
08-13-10, 06:58 PM

Not as a pilot he won't.

High Sided
08-13-10, 07:55 PM
Not as a pilot he won't.

Exam Techniques and Criteria for Qualification
Items 31-34. Eye - Monocular Vision
An applicant will be considered monocular when there is only one eye or when the best corrected distant visual acuity in the poorer eye is no better than 20/200. An individual with one eye, or effective visual acuity equivalent to monocular, may be considered for medical certification, any class, through the special issuance section of part 67 (14 CFR 67.401).
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/app_process/exam_tech/et/31-34/mv/index.cfm?print=go

BarillaGirl
08-17-10, 07:50 PM
I heard this Jack Roush quote on the radio this morning: "I have good vision in my remaining eye, so I'm fine."

;)

Methanolandbrats
10-03-10, 08:37 PM
He's on the Cab NEws show....his nose looks like a little nutsack.