PDA

View Full Version : Andretti out, Fittipaldi in

rabbit
06-10-03, 02:16 PM
Autoweek (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=motorsportsnews&loc_code=index&content_code=03186944)
Wonder if John would be interested in a return to Champ Cars?

pchall
06-10-03, 02:21 PM
He'll scramble for another NASCAR ride. The t-shirt sales are too lucrative.

Cam
06-10-03, 02:28 PM
So now the Brazillionaires are taking Amercan NASCAR drivers seats??? What WILL the purists think of that! :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
06-10-03, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Autoweek (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=motorsportsnews&loc_code=index&content_code=03186944)
Wonder if John would be interested in a return to Champ Cars?

I think the Lemmings are already calling dibs on him!!

RaceChic
06-10-03, 03:09 PM
Quote:
"Christian Fittipaldi has shown, every time he has gotten in a Winston Cup car, including Phoenix, Texas and Daytona, that he has the talent to drive these cars and help us get to the front," said Kyle Petty, CEO of Petty Enterprises. "We look forward to showing everyone what Christian can do week in and week out."

Are we talking about the same guy????? :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat:
Also, I thought this was the idea since last year. I'm not 100% certain of the team he was slated for, but I thought this was it. I had an opportunity to speak with him about this last year at Mid-Ohio and he had mentioned this. Now it is very much official. I wish him better successes than were seen in CART. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Also..... I gotta get the shirt because I still can't get over this...... Max Papis too I hear who dates Emerson Fittipaldi's daughter. What is this? A family move? And why didn't Emmo hire either one of these guys....... :confused:

IlliniRacer
06-10-03, 03:43 PM
At least there will be someone to keep Larry Boy company at the back of the pack

Ziggy
06-10-03, 04:41 PM
Translation, the Fittipaldi check was larger....... I have heard of the name Andretti, but is this John guy related?

Ziggy

RaceChic
06-10-03, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Translation, the Fittipaldi check was larger....... I have heard of the name Andretti, but is this John guy related?

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he Michael's cousin?

Wheel-Nut
06-10-03, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he Michael's cousin?

Yes, Mikey's cousin, Aldo's son, Adam's brother, the Buzz Aldrin of motor racing.

rabbit
06-10-03, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
... Mikey's cousin ... I prefer to call him Marco's second cousin. ;) :D (Or is it great uncle? :confused: )

Wheel-Nut
06-10-03, 05:35 PM
Second cousin would be correct. :D

DaveL
06-10-03, 09:54 PM
Petty has been a lousy team for years. Changing drivers won't help one iota.

WickerBill
06-11-03, 06:51 AM
Petty's cars are on caliber with Foyt's cars. The King won't spend the money necessary, doesn't do any R&D, and his cars react appropriately.

I think Andretti would be the best driver on many multi-car teams over there, including Yates. How's that for going out on a limb?

This move, however, should keep Petty's fab shop workers employed.

cart7
06-11-03, 09:49 AM
"Christian Fittipaldi has shown, every time he has gotten in a Winston Cup car, including Phoenix .................that he has the talent to drive these cars and help us get to the front," said Kyle Petty, CEO of Petty Enterprises. "We look forward to showing everyone what Christian can do week in and week out."
Phoenix?? :confused: He smacked the wall, and in his daze, hopped out of the car expecting to jump into the arms of the Simple Green Safety Team. Meanwhile, the rest of the field continued running past him at race speed runnin fer the yeller. :gomer:

Hope he lasts week in and week out.

:shakehead

devilmaster
06-11-03, 11:38 AM
Question: When was the last time that an F1 competitor drove NASCAR?
(going from f1 to nascar)

Would it be Mario?

Steve

devilmaster
06-11-03, 11:54 AM
Second Question: if anyone was to pick up John in NASCAR as a mid season replacement for their driver, who would it be? I think 1 idea might be to replace Mears at target...

Any thoughts?

Steve

Hot Rod Otis
06-11-03, 11:56 AM
Question 1) Danny Sullivan would be my guess.

Question 2) If I ran the KODAK team, I would dump Mike Skinner for Andretti, ASAP.

devilmaster
06-11-03, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Hot Rod Otis
Danny Sullivan would be my guess.

Good one, HRO...

Completely forgot about that...

Steve

RaceChic
06-11-03, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by cart7
Phoenix?? :confused: He smacked the wall, and in his daze, hopped out of the car expecting to jump into the arms of the Simple Green Safety Team. Meanwhile, the rest of the field continued running past him at race speed runnin fer the yeller. :gomer:

Hope he lasts week in and week out. :shakehead

I was told by someone in CART that he has has two serious blows to the head and that the "three strikes and you're out" rule applies in CART. That's probably why he was so "dazed". He's smucked his melon so many times he can't take too much anymore. He must have made the decision to drive the taxi cabs right after he hit his head. I feel badly for his wife Andrea. She is very nice and must be worried sick. :(

devilmaster
06-17-03, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Hot Rod Otis
Question 1) Danny Sullivan would be my guess.

Question 2) If I ran the KODAK team, I would dump Mike Skinner for Andretti, ASAP.

HRO, you continue to amaze!

:thumbup:

Steve