PDA

View Full Version : More wacky Mel Gibson antics...

Gangrel
07-12-10, 04:39 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/12/mel.gibson.rant/index.html?hpt=T2

I haven't heard the tape, but among other things lines transcribed in this article, Mel tells his girlfriend "I'll put you in the f'n rose garden!" Can anyone say OJ?

Insomniac
07-12-10, 05:09 PM
I don't understand how anyone finds this surprising.

TravelGal
07-12-10, 05:39 PM

Agreed. Alas, Mel is on the local news here fairly often. The latest episode started a few days ago.

People say "Knight and Day" tanked because the audience no longer likes Tom Cruise. Tommy is nowhere near Mel on my "loathsome" scale.

Gnam
07-12-10, 06:05 PM
It's all about venue.

Cruise was bouncing off the walls & saying crazy things stone cold sober early in the morning on network television.

Mel was drunk, home alone, "talking" to his wife on the phone.

Temporary insanity vs. professional insanity.

Indy
07-12-10, 08:33 PM
"What, what are you threatening me?"

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/9760/cornholio.gif

Indy
07-12-10, 08:35 PM
But seriously, I can't wait to hear some fringe religious people defend him because he made a movie about Jeebus. :batshitcrazy:

nrc
07-12-10, 08:54 PM
The real question is what kind of car should he buy when his divorce is final?

The guy obviously has serious, serious, anger issues. But on the bright side this surely means more comedy gold for South Park. http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104244

opinionated ow
07-12-10, 11:12 PM
It's at this point we'll remind you that Gibson was born in the USA ;) :p

Indy
07-13-10, 12:11 AM
Ah, but he so fits in Australia. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Methanolandbrats
07-13-10, 12:36 AM
Mel :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Gangrel
07-13-10, 08:30 AM

Not surprised by the incident or the arrest. "I'll put you in the f'n rose garden," on the other hand, is quite a piece of gold to be caught on tape. I'd say good thing it came to light before the follow-through...

nrc
07-13-10, 10:03 AM
Maybe it was an acting excercise. "Now be Christopher Walken!"

TrueBrit
07-13-10, 10:27 AM
Maybe it was an acting excercise. "Now be Christopher Walken!"

:rofl::laugh::rofl:

Insomniac
07-13-10, 10:34 AM
Agreed. Alas, Mel is on the local news here fairly often. The latest episode started a few days ago.

People say "Knight and Day" tanked because the audience no longer likes Tom Cruise. Tommy is nowhere near Mel on my "loathsome" scale.

I felt like Tom Cruise has done a pretty good job of improving his image over the last couple of years. He stopped talking publicly about Scientology (IMO, pushing your religion or politics, regardless of what they are, as a celebrity will result in backlash) and has acted pretty normal. His marriage, which I think a lot of people thought was a sham, hasn't blown up or shown any signs of problems.

Knight and Day tanked because it just wasn't that good. :)

Insomniac
07-13-10, 10:36 AM
Not surprised by the incident or the arrest. "I'll put you in the f'n rose garden," on the other hand, is quite a piece of gold to be caught on tape. I'd say good thing it came to light before the follow-through...

While the whole conversation was horrible, his wife/GF/whatever had the advantage of knowing she was recording it and basically egged him on to get all that gold. I seriously doubt she is like that when not being recorded.

TravelGal
07-13-10, 12:36 PM
The only person to stand by him through thick and thin was his agent, who died on July 3. William Morris Endeavor dropped him today. This led to several articles in today's paper about how toxic this is to the last remnants of his career.

devilmaster
07-13-10, 12:46 PM
There'll still be a lineup to be the next Mrs. Mel. :\

Gangrel
07-13-10, 12:51 PM
Maybe MTV should consider him for the cast of The Sureal Life... :shakehead

dando
07-13-10, 01:08 PM
This led to several articles in today's paper about how toxic this is to the last remnants of his career.

Meh. Good time to bring back the Lethal Weapon franchise. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Gangrel
07-13-10, 01:10 PM
Meh. Good time to bring back the Lethal Weapon franchise. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

He had a career after that? :confused:

:rofl:

TrueBrit
07-13-10, 01:14 PM
He always was a hard-drinker..maybe he's finally pickled the organ inside his thick skull??

nrc
07-13-10, 01:42 PM
Maybe Gibson and Cruise should do a buddy flick. :gomer:

Valkyrie seemed to do ok at the box office. I think Cruise scored some points for being willing to have a laugh with the Les Grossman character.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Gibson's projects already in development. He may be done on screen and maybe as a director but he has a lot of Producer credits and how many people will turn down his money?

devilmaster
07-13-10, 01:47 PM
He had a career after that? :confused:

:rofl:

Payback. Good Flick.

dando
07-13-10, 02:12 PM
Payback. Good Flick.

Never understood why that flick doesn't get more cred. :confused:

-Kevin

devilmaster
07-13-10, 02:44 PM
Never understood why that flick doesn't get more cred. :confused:

-Kevin

I saw the 'different edition' not too long ago. The one without the gibson voiceover track... and didn't have all the mob bosses in it. Different ending of how he got the money as well. Didn't like it as much.

But both had Lucy Liu as the hot S&M hooker though.. :thumbup:

G.
07-16-10, 06:18 PM
some of those tapes are absolutely awesome! Sad and horrifying, but still awesome. ;)

"I DESERVE to be blown before... before the jacuzzi!"

FTG
07-16-10, 09:06 PM
some of those tapes are absolutely awesome! Sad and horrifying, but still awesome. ;)

"I DESERVE to be blown before... before the jacuzzi!"

Yep. Mel lives his life the way NRC recommends. Be confident and don't worry about your image.

nrc
07-17-10, 03:59 AM
Yep. Mel lives his life the way NRC recommends. Be confident and don't worry about your image.

My advice assumes an emotionally healthy and mature adult. For a racist, sexist, narcissist with anger issues I'd just recommend professional help.

emjaya
07-18-10, 06:21 PM
Ah, but he so fits in Australia. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mel agrees with you.

MEL Gibson is poised to quit the US and return to Australia with his ex-wife Robyn after selling his mansion near New York.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/mel-gibson-wants-to-call-australia-home/story-e6frfmvr-1225893663835

nrc
07-19-10, 01:00 AM
He's probably dumping his tangible assets in the states to make sure that they don't get attached in some kind of lawsuit.