PDA

View Full Version : Happy Independence Day!

nrc
07-04-10, 11:38 AM
Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. Try not to blow any fingers off. :)

Ankf00
07-04-10, 02:39 PM
America, **** yeah!

RaceGrrl
07-04-10, 05:04 PM
“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men." – Samuel Adams

http://www.solcomhouse.com/images/benning.gif

SteveH
07-04-10, 06:14 PM
TnQDW-NMaRs

dando
07-04-10, 06:47 PM
“Samuel Adams

And he makes a darn good brew, too. ;)

HB, America! :cool: :thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
07-04-10, 09:46 PM
HB, USA!

eXeIxtI--uc

Elmo T
07-05-10, 09:17 AM
Packed up the family for a picnic at a state park yesterday. We've done this for the past few years - always on the 4th. When the 4th falls on a week day, it has always been dead in the park. This year it was packed. :saywhat:

For 3 of the years, it was just our family and two other large groups using the picnic area. Both of the other groups were hispanic - with what appeared to be large extended families.

This year, we had our same locations, but only one of the families was there. When we arrived, they were already set-up: gas grills going, kids riding bikes, a soccer game was underway, water balloon fights, red white and blue balloons decorated their tables. All of the typical picnic fun - just like everyone else was having in the park. Other than the Spanish language, they were just like all of the other families in the park.

Later in the morning, we noticed it was quiet with the group next door. They had all gathered around and someone was reading from a large book. My wife said she had been watching for a bit and that it appeared to be a bible - they were having some sort of prayer or bible reading. This went on for about 20 minutes and there was silence in the group. I continued grilling my burgers.

As I was taking off the burgers, I heard signing. It was the Star-Spangled Banner. A very loud and boisterous rendition. I paused until they were done. It was followed by some songs in Spanish.

The soccer games picked, water fights, more cooking, etc. They were still there when we packed up at 6:30PM.

I am so tired of all the xenpohobic BS anymore. I don't know their status as citizens. In either case, they made me want to be a better American. :thumbup:

Indy
07-05-10, 10:42 AM
Great post, Elmo. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

dando
07-05-10, 10:52 AM
I am so tired of all the xenpohobic BS anymore. I don't know their status as citizens. In either case, they made me want to be a better American. :thumbup:

Amen. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Gnam
07-05-10, 05:02 PM
Nice parade downtown. Bagpipes, taiko drummers, and a dixieland jazz band plus local politicans bribing kids with candy.

May the wings of freedom never lose a feather.

Napoleon
07-06-10, 01:49 PM
Try not to blow any fingers off. :)

Like this?

GOvPeMAFDSk

Luckly no dead or serious injuries. (http://www.wgal.com/news/24144519/detail.html)