PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2010

opinionated ow
06-28-10, 10:55 AM
Great tournament so far...but as always the highlight for me, Clijsters v Henin. Those two are just such awesome athletes and such fun tennis players to watch. They don't make stupid noise, they play fairly, cleanly and they vary their game up a lot. Mucho goodess on the court this evening!

Don Quixote
06-28-10, 11:45 AM
Apparently its called Wimby now...

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16618

dando
06-28-10, 12:01 PM
Great tournament so far...but as always the highlight for me, Clijsters v Henin. Those two are just such awesome athletes and such fun tennis players to watch. They don't make stupid noise, they play fairly, cleanly and they vary their game up a lot. Mucho goodess on the court this evening!

I'd like to know when it became in vogue to go When Harry Met Sally on the tennis court? :shakehead Some of those ladies sound worse than me after consuming too many White Castles. :gomer:

-Kevin

TrueBrit
06-28-10, 12:23 PM
I'd like to know when it became in vogue to go When Harry Met Sally on the tennis court? :shakehead Some of those ladies sound worse than me after consuming too many White Castles. :gomer:

-Kevin

It is bloody stupid IMO and completely unnecessary..Virginia Wade, Chris Evert and Mrs Agassi didn't have to..why does this latest crop of birds feel the need?

BTW I saw something I hadn't seen in ages over the weekend in men's tennis..actual rallies taking place between Nadal and his latest victim rather than the usual serve and miss that has been de rigeur..

dando
06-30-10, 02:43 PM
Feds bounced. :eek:

Roddick done. :shakehead

V. Williams toast. :saywhat:

-Kevin

opinionated ow
06-30-10, 08:20 PM
Feds bounced. :eek:

Roddick done. :shakehead

V. Williams toast. :saywhat:

-Kevin

KC out too :(:cry::(

High Sided
06-30-10, 10:03 PM
It is bloody stupid IMO and completely unnecessary..Virginia Wade, Chris Evert and Mrs Agassi didn't have to..why does this latest crop of birds feel the need?

funny thing is they make no sound while practicing but come game time :eek:

nice little bonus this week was seeing a few points of hingis/kournicova together playing legends doubles.

oddlycalm
07-01-10, 05:24 AM

Seems to go hand in hand with the camel toads...:laugh:

oc

chop456
07-01-10, 05:31 AM

-Kevin

You and my Dad would get along great. :laugh:

TravelGal
07-03-10, 03:45 PM

-Kevin

Tennis fan TravelGuy opines that it was Sharapova. At least, says he, Sharapova's sound effects were the first time he became conscious of it and extremely annoyed.

What annoys me is that Serena seems to have guilted Venus (the nicer and often better player) into caving in so that she (Serena) gets all the marbles.

SteveH
07-03-10, 04:33 PM
The first one that really annoyed me was Monica Seles.

More here (http://current.com/1kh864c) including video.

Indy
07-04-10, 01:15 AM
Nice win by Serena!

opinionated ow
07-04-10, 02:50 AM
KC out too :(:cry::(

I must say, I lost interest after KC went out. Wimbledon just isn't the French open after all...