PDA

View Full Version : Valencia Urbano

Gnam
06-26-10, 12:46 PM
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/268/valenciaflag.gif

Everyone looks super serious this weekend. :thumbup:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4529/circuitourbanovalenciat.jpg

Real keys to the race:
1) Who the heck is coughing over the Speed broadcast?
2) Do Hobbs and Matchett change their accents when Leigh Diffey is in the booth?
3) Why is Leigh Diffey in the booth? Varsha should know F1 > Barrett Jackson :gomer:

stroker
06-26-10, 02:39 PM
3) Why is Leigh Diffey in the booth?

I generally wonder that every time I hear the guy's voice.

oddlycalm
06-26-10, 11:20 PM
Yeah, Varsha is missed. No idea why Speed thinks having him at the at an auction is a good use of his time. Then again, considering the audience they target and their programming choices nothing they do should come as much of a surprise.

oc

opinionated ow
06-27-10, 03:57 AM
I generally wonder that every time I hear the guy's voice.

Better you guys have him than us :p

cameraman
06-27-10, 09:15 AM
Farking Fox tape delayed stupidity. I should be watching a race right now.

Insomniac
06-27-10, 09:24 AM

Too bad they don't also show it live on SPEED and just re-air that on FOX. I also wonder why they don't at least show the pre-race show on SPEED.

This 4 race experiment always sucks. I suppose I should be thankful it fails every year because I'd hate to see what FOX did for a whole season if the ratings were better.

opinionated ow
06-27-10, 09:24 AM
Can anybody explain to me why we're subjected to the torture that is this circuit when there is a perfectly good F1 spec circuit literally up the road?

emjaya
06-27-10, 09:38 AM

I'll come back later then. :)

SteveH
06-27-10, 10:00 AM

I just did, found a live stream. British feed (BBC maybe?), no commercials.

http://www.p2pwatch.info/

opinionated ow
06-27-10, 10:15 AM
After tonight's race I'm offering a trade-Leigh Diffey for Greg Rust (self-gratificationist), Darryl Beattie (not good enough motorcycle self-gratificationist) and Craig Baird (not very good kiwi taxi driving self-gratificationist).

pchall
06-27-10, 11:16 AM
F1 on Fox today? Sweet. Must set the VCR.

After reading the race reports this one should be fun to watch.

Dvdb
06-27-10, 01:53 PM
Well, Weber took a wild ride.

pchall
06-27-10, 03:19 PM
Well, Weber took a wild ride.

Anybody else here think Webber a bit of a twit to not anticipate and wait for the inside line to be ceded by a driver from that far down on the grid?

High Sided
06-27-10, 04:46 PM
a little jumble in the finishing order...
http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=48723

Pilgrims Drop
06-27-10, 05:19 PM
Kobayashi:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

extramundane
06-27-10, 06:02 PM

Yep. Watching him bitchslap Fred was worth the price of admission. Time to go dig out the old '93 Sauber hat, I think.

RusH
06-27-10, 07:00 PM
Is Webber getting ready for his Earl career or what?:rofl:

opinionated ow
06-27-10, 08:20 PM
Anybody else here think Webber a bit of a twit to not anticipate and wait for the inside line to be ceded by a driver from that far down on the grid?
I think Webber is an idiot for not taking him seriously. They were on the same lap so the Lotus had the right to defend his position which he did. It's up to Webber to overtake him, that's the point! A faster car has to find their way past else they might as well not bother with overtaking and just show every car a blue flag when a faster one comes up...

He is THE best thing to happen to F1 for years...

Tifosi24
06-27-10, 08:57 PM
He is THE best thing to happen to F1 for years...

I would have to agree. Kobayashi might not finish a lot of races, but he is not afraid of anyone and won't stop racing until the race is over. His race career is in its first stages, but he looks like he might be the best driver to come out of Japan.

cameraman
06-27-10, 11:03 PM
but he looks like he might be the best driver to come out of Japan.

Okay... Is that meant to be a complement?

Hard Driver
06-28-10, 12:01 AM

A wee bit... aye.

TrueBrit
06-28-10, 01:15 PM
..and Super-Snitch continues to whine and cry...

Seriously Fred, no-one cares anymore, who do you think you are, Nigel Mansell??..shut up and drive already..

Insomniac
06-28-10, 01:24 PM
F1 has the stupidest rules for the safety car. How are things really this complex? Some cars are free to go by the SC and others have to get behind it. So you go from Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and Massa 1-4 nose to tail to Vettel and Hamilton coming out 1-2 (Hamilton got a penalty later) and Alonso and Massa coming out 9th and 17th.

Is it really that hard to apply a fair rule to the entire field? Fans were robbed of a good race at the front.

oddlycalm
06-28-10, 04:56 PM
the Lotus had the right to defend his position which he did. It's up to Webber to overtake him
Actually, I think he was trying to move out of the way and slow down to help Webber get around. That always turns out badly. Once the overtaking car commits it's too late for course corrections or to slow down. Kovalainen's last second move in front of Webber then early braking caught Webber out. Unfortunate for both drivers.

oc

cameraman
06-28-10, 07:10 PM
Nope, Heikki wasn't pulling over for him.
Initially I thought Heikki was letting me go, and then he braked 80m before I did on the previous lap. It was a massive surprise. It's a different category that the new teams are in. I've driven slow cars too and when someone comes at that closing speed, how long is that going to last for? Another 15 seconds. So it's not worth it."

I think Mark is blameless. I don't blame Heikki for it either - he's a pro and was racing a car that's a great deal slower. Not so much, it is Webber's job not to plow into slower cars.

I was going really well, pulling away from the guys behind by about half a second a lap, and with Mark we were racing for position so I was always going to defend. I didn't do anything wrong and he just ran into me. I think he missed his braking point and he ran into me at a very bad angle - his front tyre hit my right rear and he took off.

Mark charged up behind Heikki and he had a much quicker car. Heikki had to brake where he braked because of the grip he had. At the end of the day it's up to the guy overtaking to find a way by safely, and Webber didn't.

WickerBill
06-28-10, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Mike Gascoyne
Mark charged up behind Heikki and he had a much quicker car. Heikki had to brake where he braked because of the grip he had. At the end of the day it's up to the guy overtaking to find a way by safely, and Webber didn't.

** Unless your name is Sebastian Vettel, in which case you are blameless for running into your own teammate.

BarillaGirl
06-29-10, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Mike Gascoyne

** Unless your name is Sebastian Vettel, in which case you are blameless for running into your own teammate.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Gnam
06-29-10, 11:58 AM
+1 for Kobayashi

I think the FIA finally figured out how to introduce unpredictability into F1: Post race penalties. ;)

Anyone else surprised to see Weber pop out the car so quickly? F1's attitude toward driver safety is still somewhere between the IRL's and CART's.

High Sided
06-29-10, 12:11 PM
Anyone else surprised to see Weber pop out the car so quickly?

I was, it took the gp2 guy a bit longer...
iv8fL8yv7R4

Insomniac
06-29-10, 01:20 PM
+1 for Kobayashi

I think the FIA finally figured out how to introduce unpredictability into F1: Post race penalties. ;)

Anyone else surprised to see Weber pop out the car so quickly? F1's attitude toward driver safety is still somewhere between the IRL's and CART's.

I'd say it's below both overall. They take forever just to get to the scene. A driver in immediate danger is screwed in F1. Aside from the Simona fire fiasco, I can't really think of any other IRL screw-ups on the safety response side in recent memory.

Gnam
06-29-10, 02:03 PM
I'd say it's below both overall. They take forever just to get to the scene. A driver in immediate danger is screwed in F1. Aside from the Simona fire fiasco, I can't really think of any other IRL screw-ups on the safety response side in recent memory.

In the IRL's case, I was referring more to their back breaking, leg snapping, flying through the air on fire, sorry excuse for a racecar and their heavy downforce, foot to the floor, pack racing style of competition that is hazardous to driver safety.

dando
07-01-10, 09:40 AM
From the GP2 race:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2ad_1277850329

:gomer:

-Kevin

SteveH
07-01-10, 10:07 AM
:rofl:

Andrew Longman
07-01-10, 10:25 AM
The GP2 race looks to have been very interesting/entetaining. Imagine that.

Insomniac
07-03-10, 01:04 PM
In the IRL's case, I was referring more to their back breaking, leg snapping, flying through the air on fire, sorry excuse for a racecar and their heavy downforce, foot to the floor, pack racing style of competition that is hazardous to driver safety.

Yup, I fully agree on the craptastic car.

Ankf00
08-05-10, 04:01 PM
finally caught up to this race.

Timo & Bruno :rofl:

Webber :tony: