PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Test driver killed in car crash.

emjaya
06-24-10, 08:46 AM
THE chief test driver for Japanese auto giant Toyota was killed in a head-on road crash in Germany while driving a prototype supercar, the carmaker says.

The Japanese man, identified as Hiromu Naruse, was testing the Lexus LFA sports car when it was involved in a deadly collision on a road near the Nuerburgring race track in western Germany on Wednesday, Toyota said.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/world/toyotas-top-test-driver-killed-in-german-prototype-supercar-road-crash/story-e6frfkui-1225883922568

Michaelhatesfans
06-24-10, 11:43 AM
"The chief test driver for Japanese auto giant Toyota was killed in a head-on road crash in Germany while driving a prototype supercar, the carmaker says.

Toyota said Mr Naruse had worked for the company since 1963. He was 67 years old, according to the German press."

:saywhat:

JohnHKart
06-24-10, 12:03 PM
I've been on those roads several times, the past ten years including a year ago for three days...for the GP and as with any country road, you only dive for that apex if you can see oncoming traffic. They are scary roads. Has to be some kind of medical issue. It's ironic that last night I saw an ad for this Lexus sports car coming out of our kart track. It said something about "pushing new boundaries." Sad. This test driver had developed a lot of cool stuff the past 40 years.

rosawendel
06-24-10, 01:12 PM
so, down to 499 cars left, i guess....

Ankf00
06-24-10, 02:17 PM
I've been on those roads several times, the past ten years including a year ago for three days...for the GP and as with any country road, you only dive for that apex if you can see oncoming traffic. They are scary roads. Has to be some kind of medical issue. It's ironic that last night I saw an ad for this Lexus sports car coming out of our kart track. It said something about "pushing new boundaries." Sad. This test driver had developed a lot of cool stuff the past 40 years.

$375K toyota. They were pimping it hard at the US Open