PDA

View Full Version : No, Marcos...NO!

NismoZ
06-21-10, 02:52 PM
Ambrose. Guy is in the lead, 6 laps to go under yellow, shuts his engine off. Won't restart, drops to 7th. Gosh, I wish he hadn't done that! Heck even my TORO is hard to restart in the middle of a job.:irked:

oddlycalm
06-21-10, 03:04 PM
Ambrose. Guy is in the lead, 6 laps to go under yellow, shuts his engine off. Won't restart, drops to 7th. Gosh, I wish he hadn't done that! Heck even my TORO is hard to restart in the middle of a job.:irked:
Yeah, shutting off the lump while going uphill is :confused:

oc

manic mechanic
06-22-10, 12:43 AM
Now, the thing I can't get straight here is the ruling:

AFAIK, the field is in control of the leader UNTIL they are picked up by the pace car.

Butt Bodine has the Camry Hybrid singin', and is past turn 2 when Marcos "brain farts" between 1 & 2... 6 cars pass Ambrose when he is the leader and the field is not yet "in control" of the pace car...

Are they judging "in control of the pace car" as "when the yellow comes out"?? If so, why didn't the OTHER pace car pick them up on the backstretch and drop off before turn 1?

IMHO, until they catch up with the pace car, the leader is the leader and there is no passing allowed under yellow.

Marcos screwed up, and NASCAR made sure they "bent" the rules in kind (alert the media). :shakehead

manic

High Sided
06-22-10, 06:22 PM
nascar did the same thing to robby gordon in canada 2 years ago...

PqAzkTwLEEY