PDA

View Full Version : Get together in Cleveland?

Napoleon
06-10-03, 07:40 AM
Do we want to have a get together, say one at the track and maybe something at a local bar? Perhaps combine with the Crapwagon get together? (they don't bite and they are fun people).

http://www.cartfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6148&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Any ideas?

BTW, here is the race schedule:

Thursday, July 3, 2003
11:15 AM - 12:00 PM Trans-Am Practice
12:15 PM - 12:45 PM Barber Dodge Practice
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CHAMP CAR PRACTICE
2:15 PM - 2:45 PM Atlantic Practice
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM Trans-Am Qualifying
3:45 PM - 4:15 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM CHAMP CAR QUALIFYING
5:45 PM - 6:25 PM Barber Dodge Qualifying
8:00 PM - 8:50 PM CHAMP CAR PRACTICE
9:00 PM - 9:30 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
9:40 PM - 10:30 PM CHAMP CAR PRACTICE
Friday, July 4, 2003
11:45 AM - 12:15 PM Trans-Am Practice
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
1:15 PM - 1:45 PM Atlantic Practice
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM Barber Dodge Final Qualifying
2:45 PM - 3:45 PM CHAMP CAR PRACTICE
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
4:45 PM - 5:25 PM Atlantic Qualifying
5:40 PM - 7:00 PM Trans-Am Race
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Technical Inspection
7:00 PM - 7:45 PM Champ Car Appreciation Activity
(All-Driver Autograph Session - Location
TBD)
7:15 PM - 7:45 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
8:30 PM - 9:30 PM CHAMP CAR QUALIFYING
9:45 PM City of Cleveland Fireworks Celebration (Exact time may vary)
Saturday, July 5, 2003
1:30 PM - 1:45 PM Barber Dodge Warm Up
2:00 PM - 2:15 PM Atlantic Warm Up
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Fan Forum (Location TBD)
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
3:15 PM - 4:05 PM Barber Dodge Race
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM CHAMP CAR WARM UP
5:00 PM Grid Atlantic Cars
5:30 PM - 6:15 PM Atlantic Race
6:30 PM - 7:00 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
GRID CHAMP CARS

8:30 PM START OF CLEVELAND GRAND PRIX presented by US Bank (Race Number 9 of the 2003 Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford) TBA Laps

RaceChic
06-10-03, 07:59 AM
I Milwaukee we got together both evenings. Some were missing in action though........;)
I suggest a good one after the race as it is a more more midpoint location for folks(I think?).
Unless some are taking off right after the race? :confused:

mello
06-10-03, 09:25 AM
The Lakewood group of OC was talking about going to the flats possibly Sat night after the race. Not set in stone though. Most of us are not going to be there till Friday so will miss the Thurs Crappy gathering.

Warlock!
06-10-03, 09:34 AM
I can't commit to anything, but I'm gonna try to get to 'em all ;). The wife and kids are gonna attempt to throttle me down, I'm sure, but when and how often, I have no idea.

Married life w/ kids fits my personality so well...

Warlock!

Sean O'Gorman
06-10-03, 11:20 AM
Anything is good for me Thursday and Friday nights (assuming I'm allowed in the place). If theres a get together after the race I wont be making it, I'll be taking off to get ready for my autocross the next morning.

Napoleon
06-20-03, 05:48 AM
In the paper yesterday it mentioned that there will be a block party from 5 to 9pm in the warehouse district including 2 30 minute autograph sessions.

Since this event is at night we could meet for breakfast also.

Sean O'Gorman
06-20-03, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
In the paper yesterday it mentioned that there will be a block party from 5 to 9pm in the warehouse district including 2 30 minute autograph sessions.

Since this event is at night we could meet for breakfast also.

What day?

Napoleon
06-20-03, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by SOG35
What day?

Duh, the 2nd.

mello
06-20-03, 07:56 PM
OK alot of us are not going to be there Thursday night or be able to make it Sat night. So it looks like Friday night or Sat for breakfast. Or both. Need some local opinions on this (Nap) as to where our choices are and then we can take the next step as to when. Countdown is on. 2 weeks. Let's put our heads together!

Warlock!
06-20-03, 08:58 PM
Hell... for a breakfast get together, y'all should just show up at the Embassy Suites. The last time I stayed at one they never checked to see if you actually had a room there for their complimentary breakfast. Matter of fact, that's how I got a lot of breakfasts when I was low on cash (and morals).

Warlock!

Sean O'Gorman
06-21-03, 12:53 AM
Duh, the 2nd.

D'oh. I'm on vacation from work that week, but I still have math class to go to during that time. :(

RaceGrrl
06-24-03, 10:36 AM
nrc and I will be there on Friday. Would that be the best night to meet? I know nothing about Cleveland, so I have no preference where we go.

Napoleon
06-26-03, 08:33 AM
OK, I am going to post tomorrow what I think we should do after a scouting mission downtown today but here is how I am leaning, so give me your input now or forever hold your piece.

I figure everyone will want to watch the fireworks after qualifying Friday night so I was going to suggest a bar (so that people like SOG35 who is under 21 can not attend ;) ) either on the east side of the flats or perhaps one in the Warehouse District. For those not familiar with Cleveland the Warehouse district is closer to the track, and is made up of buildings from early in the last century. The Flats is farther, but its easier to park there, and with the train that runs from just south of Burk to the Flats, its actually easier to get from the track to the bar (caveat, I need to check if the trains run that late).

I was thinking set a breakfast, brunch or lunch at a place downtown, likely in the warehouse district.

Maybe we could set a time to meet at the track.

Would someone be willing to cross post info on 7G, with no reference to OC?

mello
06-26-03, 08:43 AM
I vote for the flats. It is also closer to where alot of us are staying I think.(correct me if I am wrong) Shortest distance from bar to hotel is good. :D

But anywhere is fine.

RaceChic
06-26-03, 10:41 AM
I'd really like to see the buildings in the warehouse area. They sound like they'd be good to see. I don't care where we end up as long as we all have fun and can try to spend some time together. :)

mello
06-26-03, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
I'd really like to see the buildings in the warehouse area. They sound like they'd be good to see. I don't care where we end up as long as we all have fun and can try to spend some time together. :)

All that beer you are talking about drinking you won't be seeing anything by that time of night anyway!:rofl:

RaceChic
06-26-03, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by mello
All that beer you are talking about drinking you won't be seeing anything by that time of night anyway!:rofl:

I'm not going to drink it all by myself and all at once! I have Tracey with me. And you just know that Lizzerd is going to be putting his sticky claws into my cooler........... :D
That was a one time drinking accident/incident in Columbus.......... :laugh:

mello
06-26-03, 07:21 PM
OK, I am going to post tomorrow what I think we should do after a scouting mission downtown today but here is how I am leaning, so give me your input now or forever hold your piece.

I figure everyone will want to watch the fireworks after qualifying Friday night so I was going to suggest a bar (so that people like SOG35 who is under 21 can not attend ;) ) either on the east side of the flats or perhaps one in the Warehouse District. For those not familiar with Cleveland the Warehouse district is closer to the track, and is made up of buildings from early in the last century. The Flats is farther, but its easier to park there, and with the train that runs from just south of Burk to the Flats, its actually easier to get from the track to the bar (caveat, I need to check if the trains run that late).

I was thinking set a breakfast, brunch or lunch at a place downtown, likely in the warehouse district.

Maybe we could set a time to meet at the track.

Would someone be willing to cross post info on 7G, with no reference to OC?
OK I am taking back my vote. Nap it is totally whatever you think. We do not know Cleveland at all. Every place is going to be packed and it will be hard parking also. None of us want to pay an arm and leg to park I am sure and we would like to be able to at least sit and talk and have some drinks. I know alot of places will be standing room only. We will be happy where ever we are. We don't care if it is not the Warehouse or the Flats. Even a simple bar would be cool.

RTKar
06-26-03, 08:24 PM
What Mel said.

RaceChic
06-26-03, 08:42 PM
Are you sure you want to be in any way responsible for this bunch, Nappy? :eek:

Warlock!
06-26-03, 09:33 PM
If it's for breakfast, make sure they serve bloody marys...

Warlock!

DjDrOmusic
06-27-03, 03:56 AM
theres a bar at our hotel....and at least 6 nudey bars within crawling distance!!:D ;) :laugh: :rofl:

RaceChic
06-27-03, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic
theres a bar at our hotel....and at least 6 nudey bars within crawling distance!!:D ;) :laugh: :rofl:

You keep saying that....... :saywhat:

slashman
06-28-03, 11:48 AM
Is a cab ride from the Marriot Downtown to Shooters ok? or is it too far.

I'm heading down from Toronto early Friday morning(4am)
:(

lisa
06-28-03, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic

Hey Railbird, from the stories I've heard from you the last few years, this must be the area you stay at. :)

Napoleon
06-30-03, 06:09 AM

I recieved this e-mail

Attention All Champ Car Fans:

Cleveland kicks-off race week with a Street Party!

After work next Wednesday, come join us in the streets of the Historic Warehouse District in Downtown Cleveland.

Ford Champ Car Night in the Historic Warehouse District

When: Wednesday, July 2, 5:00 - 9:00pm

Where: West 6th Street between St. Clair and Lakeside

FREE ADMISSION

· Great night life

· Live music on stage

· Beer gardens

· Champ Car Driver Autograph and Q & A Sessions - Jimmy Vasser, Paul Tracy, Adrian Fernandez, Patrick Carpentier, Michel Jourdain Jr, Oriol Servia, Darren Manning, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Tiago Monteiro

· Ford Racing Technology Tour and Vehicle Display

· 98.5 WNCX Live Radio Remote Hosted by Michael Stanley

· Chances to win a pace car ride, race tickets, and be an honorary pit-crew member at the US Bank Presents the Cleveland Grand Prix, July 3-5