PDA

View Full Version : Parris Mullins Racing???

eiregosod
06-17-10, 09:33 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/16/americans-reportedly-looking-into-investing-in-existing-f1-team/

The USF1 project may be dead in the proverbial water, but that hasn't deterred a group of American investors from breaking into Formula One. In fact, it only appears to have whetted their appetites as representatives headed to Montreal this past weekend for the Canadian Grand Prix to meet with Bernie Ecclestone and others to discuss new opportunities for involvement in the sport.

According to Autosport, the delegation was led by Parris Mullins, who was there representing an unspecified group of American investors. An advisor and close friend of YouTube co-founder Chad Hurley, Mullins was directly involved with USF1 until it collapsed.

Apparently, Mullins and company aren't interested at this point in taking a fresh stab at forming another startup team, but are looking at possibilities to invest in existing operations. Given Mullins' close ties with Ferrari, speculation has linked him with either Toro Rosso or Sauber, both of which use Ferrari engines and are in need of a fresh injection of cash. The reports also add another layer to Ferrari chief Luca di Montezemolo's remarks regarding fielding a third car with American backing

STD
06-17-10, 02:40 PM
Who is this guy? Sounds like a nobody on a self made media tour with no clue as to the nature of Bernie Ecclestone.

pchall
06-17-10, 03:40 PM
Who is this guy? Sounds like a nobody on a self made media tour with no clue as to the nature of Bernie Ecclestone.

Anybody who willingly opens his wallet for show and tell with Bernie deserves to have it emptied.

Napoleon
06-17-10, 04:49 PM

A search of data basis shows potentially 3 people in the US with his name (although one of the hits is near Sonoma in the SF Bay area, one of the others is interestingly in Charlotte) and a 4th that appears to be a kid of one of the 3 who uses Paris. He appears to have at least in the mid 2000’s was working at a Ferrari dealership in the Bay area as a sales rep (and note the current president of that dealership does not have the same last name as him, for what it is worth) and appears to have pulled both his Facebook and Linkedin profiles down. The Google seems to indicate he has barely any internet footprint other then him pimping the whole F- 1 thing (in comparison there are a bunch of different thing about me available with an easy search, and I don’t claim to advise the guy who co-founded and is currently the CEO of YouTube.).

Here he is:

http://www.editorial.fnphoto.com/stories/2268/images/21-26-2268-0556.jpg

SteveH
06-17-10, 05:06 PM
Interview (http://www.autosport.com/features/article.php/id/2823)with him

Exclusive interview with Parris Mullins

Parris Mullins was a key player in attempting to keep the now-defunct US F1 team alive. That dream may be gone, but he is still determined to make it to F1. AUTOSPORT's Jonathan Noble talked to the American about his plans

Not much on his background

As close friend and confidant of YouTube co-founder and US F1 investor Chad Hurley

STD
06-17-10, 06:14 PM
Anybody who willingly opens his wallet for show and tell with Bernie deserves to have it emptied.

So you think he may have some of his own cash?

Napoleon
06-17-10, 07:08 PM
So you think he may have some of his own cash?

I think he does not. There is no way in a million years if he had to go out and earn that money that his internet footprint is so small. It would mean he doesn't give speeches, doesn't attend government meetings, never gotten an award, had a story written about him, never mentioned in his universities alumni magazine, etc. etc. He could have inherited it, but he would he be working as a car salesman if he has money?

Edit - PS, its entirely possible that he inherited a moderate amount (say, $500k to 3 or 4M) and sometime after his car sales day he happen to invest it in a start up, maybe even YouTube, that paid off big bucks, or he happen to hit it big in the stock market, both things that could happen and leave him with nearly zero internet footprint.

pchall
06-18-10, 06:48 AM
He could have inherited it, but he would he be working as a car salesman if he has money?

Working as a Ferrari salesman sounds like just the right thing for a trust fund jerk off to do. Just think of all the wealthy MILFs he'd have access to peddling red cars and matching lip gloss as lifestyle accessories.

Elmo T
06-18-10, 08:06 AM
I think he does not. There is no way in a million years if he had to go out and earn that money that his internet footprint is so small.

This guy?

Spokeo Search for Parris Mullins (http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=parris%20mullins#:587401397)

The phone number googles back to Parris Mullins, OD - but is an Optometrist in Alabama pulling in that kind of cash?? ;)

Napoleon
06-18-10, 08:28 AM
This guy?

Spokeo Search for Parris Mullins (http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=parris%20mullins#:587401397)

The phone number googles back to Parris Mullins, OD - but is an Optometrist in Alabama pulling in that kind of cash?? ;)

From my search there was a Parris Mullins and a Paris Mullins Jr (yes Jr even though the first name is different) in Alabama, with it appearing that Jr was related to Parris, and with Jr being the optometrist (I even found his website). It was pretty clear he was not the same Parris Mullins we are talking about.

As to Peter’s point I thought about that, but do you really think a high end car dealership would hire someone with no experience (which I would assume to be the case then otherwise the trust fund kid started at a Honda dealership or something)? Otherwise sure there is logic to what you are saying.

emjaya
06-18-10, 09:24 AM
He is on Ferrarichat forum (http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/member.php?u=17820). Born and raised in Marin County and did sell Ferrari's for Ferrari Maserati of Silicon Valley (http://www.ferrarisiliconvalley.com/index.aspx).

cameraman
06-18-10, 11:54 AM
You guys really need to find a better hobby.:saywhat:

Fio1
06-24-10, 03:29 AM
We have a few friends in common. I ran into him a few times at Infineon, didn't really think much of him other then he was very green, a bit of a show-off but enthusiastic about racing. He didn't come across as someone I had to keep in my data base of contacts for the future. Maybe next time i'll take guys like him more seriously....or maybe not. :rofl:

What I know is this: He worked at Ferrari Silicon Valley as a salesman. He never worked in racing. He never raced anything other then maybe some club racing and some lapping days even though he talked like he won Le Mans. For some reason or another the main guy at youtube had him advising him in the USF1 fiasco. :confused: And, now he has an illusion of grandeur stating that he wants to be an F1 team owner. I told him that he was out of his f***ing mind, which didn't go well with him. But, Bernie believed him enough to give him full VIP passes for Canada. So, more power to him I guess. :thumbup:

emjaya
06-24-10, 07:29 AM
You guys really need to find a better hobby.:saywhat:

This is our hobby: stalking people on the innerwebs. :gomer: