PDA

View Full Version : Ever notice that...

cameraman
06-17-10, 01:58 AM
Ever notice that the members of this forum tend to go to bed rather early? This place is dead this time of night.:cry:

Ankf00
06-17-10, 02:28 AM
que onda?

chop456
06-17-10, 02:33 AM
Liar!

And yes - I've noticed. :D

datachicane
06-17-10, 04:21 AM
Sleep is just nature's way of telling you that your blood caffeine level is dangerously low.

Andrew Longman
06-17-10, 05:01 AM
Up early though.

Don Quixote
06-17-10, 09:22 AM
Dang job keeps getting in the way of staying up all night. We need to recruit more down-unders to keep the board going through the wee hours.

dando
06-17-10, 12:35 PM
Yeah, when Spickles bailed, the drunk posts went down 90%. :gomer: We need that MHF guy to start drinking too much gin again. :D :p

-Kevin

TravelGal
06-17-10, 02:04 PM
I've noticed it also as I check in before I hit the sack and often post the last post in a thread. ("Thread killer" HAS passed through my mind.)

I miss the days of the 7th Gear chatroom when I could yak until the wee hours. Of course, we had actual racing to talk about then.

oddlycalm
06-17-10, 02:32 PM
Maybe those of us of the western persuasion should just stay up late enough to lay in wait for those arriving early morning...:gomer:

oc

Ankf00
06-17-10, 02:43 PM
moseying on down to Pebble for the Open tonight, promise to liveblog Tiger's late night shenanigans in Pacific Grove and whatnot.

TravelGal
06-18-10, 02:20 AM
moseying on down to Pebble for the Open tonight, promise to liveblog Tiger's late night shenanigans in Pacific Grove and whatnot.

Tap tap tap. 11:20 PM. I'm waiting. ;)

Ankf00
06-18-10, 02:26 AM
drinks are f'ing expensive here. No Tiger.

Insomniac
06-20-10, 01:43 AM
BREAKING NEWS: I'm not sleepy. :D

redmist
06-20-10, 04:11 AM
3:00 am central time just to give it a bump. had a good night too.

Michaelhatesfans
06-20-10, 04:12 PM
Yeah, when Spickles bailed, the drunk posts went down 90%. :gomer: We need that MHF guy to start drinking too much gin again. :D :p

-Kevin

Wow, one thread accounted for 10%?:o

oddlycalm
06-20-10, 04:35 PM
drinks are f'ing expensive here.
Drinks in Carmel expensive, now there's a shocker.

BTW, I just heard the Aggies have lost the recipe for ice. :gomer:

oc

TravelGal
06-21-10, 12:54 AM
BREAKING NEWS: I'm not sleepy. :D

:rofl: Your loss is our gain.

Ankf00
06-21-10, 02:39 AM
Drinks in Carmel expensive, now there's a shocker.

BTW, I just heard the Aggies have lost the recipe for ice. :gomer:

oc

I think today I fulfilled my remaining credit hours requirement to become an official white person.

those greens looked worse than a muni course, but jesus some of those holes are just evil.

there wasn't much wind aside from stiff coastal breeze down off of 10. saw tiger cliff out on 6 (elevation change on this one was ridiclous, cliffs off the tee shot, then blind, uphill approach to the green, still sloping to the cliff, I mean, just jaw dropping in person), angel cabrera almost took our heads off on 10, totally duffed it, harvet and els 2 putting 17 (evil pin placement, everyone was aiming for the front side bunker for the approach, otherwise ball bounces past the green and you end up like Phil, his ball almost rolled all the way to the 18th tee box). justin leonard flashed us a hook 'em :D then 30sec almost holed out for an eagle on 8 (fav hole, shooting across carmel bay, smaaaaaall green and most everyone was just killing it, nailing the pin every time). loved 7, 6 and 8 both run the length of that peninsula, the course designer was like "hey, I've got an extra 20 yards of peninsula here, let's wedge in a 100 yard chipping contest and call it a hole!"

half the course is just mind blowingly difficult so I understand the s***** scores, but also everyone was missing wide open fairways like on 1, 2 14, 15,(14th green was ridiculous, but the fairway was wiiiiide). no fog, no serious wind aside from right off the beach, yet some horrible shots all over the leaderboard

Don Quixote
06-21-10, 09:47 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Great tourney to watch on TV as well. McDowell is a class guy with nerves of steel. Dustin Johnson's meltdown, one of the worst ever.

dando
06-21-10, 09:53 AM
Dustin Johnson's meltdown, one of the worst ever.

Tin Cup II.

That 14th green was just insane the entire tourney. :eek:

Tiger. :laugh: :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-21-10, 11:38 AM
forgot, for a little bit there was a prop plane circling overhead with a banner reading: "Tiger, are you my daddy?"

this was when Leonard's group was moving through 6 & 7, so Tiger & Frenchie would've been finishing 1 or teeing off 2 around then I would assume

dando
06-21-10, 11:49 AM
forgot, for a little bit there was a prop plane circling overhead with a banner reading: "Tiger, are you my daddy?"

I was soooo wanting to see a plane like that flying over Muirfield 2 weeks ago, but no such luck. :( Of course the weather didn't help either as Snoop was only flying for a day and a half.

-Kevin

oddlycalm
06-21-10, 03:31 PM
I think today I fulfilled my remaining credit hours requirement to become an official white person.

those greens looked worse than a muni course, but jesus some of those holes are just evil.

Your certificate is in the mail. :)

Those greens looked as fast as they were ugly. Hard to remember when the difference between the play Saturday and Sunday was as night and day.

oc

Ankf00
06-21-10, 04:36 PM
I believe they were watering down the greens as a result during the weekend

nrc
06-21-10, 07:02 PM

Welcome. Mum's the word.

http://www.snotr.com/video/422