PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jimmie Dean

racermike
06-14-10, 01:59 AM
Big Bad John! .. one of my fav songs

and Breakfast would have never been the same without you

extramundane
06-14-10, 10:23 AM
Dude's a local institution around here. He used to give an award to graduates at a local high school and was typically drunk off his sausage-laden arse.

He seemed a bit out of it ever since the Jimmy Dean sausage folks told him to go pound sand. 'Course that coulda been the booze in that case, too.

Don Quixote
06-14-10, 10:28 AM
"Big John" is one of the classics, for sure. Jimmy Dean's variety show was in the regular rotation at my grandparent's house when I was growing up. Sorry to see him go.

SteveH
06-14-10, 10:28 AM
Dude's a local institution around here. He used to give an award to graduates at a local high school and was typically drunk off his sausage-laden arse.

He seemed a bit out of it ever since the Jimmy Dean sausage folks told him to go pound sand. 'Course that coulda been the booze in that case, too.

My cousin had some business with him several years ago (20+), from what I gather the drunk part is not a recent phenomena. Dude could rip it up.

TravelGal
06-14-10, 03:12 PM
I remember his smiling face on the TV and of course Big Bad John but what I'll always remember most about him was his pride in the fact that the sausage factory produced pig skin that was clean enough to be acceptable for use as skin replacement on burn victims.