PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to start a World Cup thread?

Napoleon
06-11-10, 11:22 AM
I hope the US punks GB!

TrueBrit
06-11-10, 11:53 AM
I hope the US punks GB!

First off the US aren't playing GB, they are playing ENGLAND...

Secondly, I hope to be the meat in a Salma Hayek/Cindy Crawford sandwich...

Neither are very likely...;)

As the UK ambassador said to the US ambassador recently, he takes his steak like US Soccer victories...somewhat rare...:laugh:

ChampcarShark
06-11-10, 11:54 AM
Done: http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16359

dando
06-11-10, 12:41 PM
As the UK ambassador said to the US ambassador recently, he takes his steak like US Soccer victories...somewhat rare...:laugh:

:p

-Kevin

TrueBrit
06-11-10, 01:42 PM

-Kevin

1) Not a soccer match
2) Your side would have been red-carded for not playing by the rules
3) It was French financed
4) Wanna compare recent records..say last century maybe..we're 3-0..you guys..not so much..;)

Al Czervik
06-11-10, 03:00 PM
1) Not a soccer match
4) Wanna compare recent records..say last century maybe..we're 3-0..you guys..not so much..;)

Otto: Don't call me stupid.
Wendy: Why on earth not?
Otto: Oh, you English are *so* superior, aren't you? Well, would you like to know what you'd be without us, the good ol' U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest f###ing province in the Russian Empire, that's what! So don't call me stupid, lady. Just thank me.
Wendy: Well, *thank* you for popping in and protecting us.
Otto: If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking *German!* Singing "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles...”

:laugh:

Napoleon
06-11-10, 03:12 PM

You are just upset that our guys weren’t nursing hangovers on Christmas Day 1776.

Napoleon
06-11-10, 03:22 PM
PS, a Tenton trivia note for TrueBrit. The American side had on it 3 men who would go on to become president, one future chief justice of the Supreme Court and Burr and Hamilton (who apparently were not shooting at each other).

TrueBrit
06-11-10, 03:29 PM
You are just upset that our guys weren’t nursing hangovers on Christmas Day 1776.

Nah..still more gob-smacked that no-one figured out pretty early on that marching in straight lines wearing bright-red jackets with a bloody-great "X-marks the spot" on it was a very bad idea..

Personally I blame the toffee-nosed gits running the whole thing..if it was up to the grunts I'm pretty sure a compromise could have been reached.. probably involving us showing you lot how to brew proper beer, and you lot showing us what proper dentistry is all about..

dando
06-11-10, 03:34 PM
us showing you lot how to brew proper beer

I thought the Irish figgered this out first.

*runs*

:gomer: :p

-Kevin

Napoleon
06-11-10, 05:09 PM
Personally I blame the toffee-nosed gits running the whole thing.

Do you happen to know who Richard Dawkins is? He is a famed English evolutionary biologist, outspoken atheist and creator of the word “meme”. More Revolutionary war trivia - something like his great great great grandfather was one of the 3 top generals King George sent to the colonies to crush the rebellion and in fact was the guy who managed to turn our best general, Benedict Arnold, against the Revolution.

But he still lost.

indyfan31
06-12-10, 03:04 AM
1) Not a soccer match

What're you talkin' about? we kicked the crap out of the Grenadans ... Grenedians? Grenadines?
You know, them islanders put up quite a fight ... kind of like Argentina. ;)

Michaelhatesfans
06-12-10, 11:38 AM
I thought the Irish figgered this out first.

*runs*

:gomer: :p

-Kevin

But technically, they were British at the time.

(steps away from lit fuse and whistles innocently...)

TrueBrit
06-12-10, 11:43 AM
(steps away from lit fuse and whistles innocently...)

:rofl::D:laugh:

I have been known to partake of that particular brand of falling-down medicine..especially at a local bar that offers $1 draft Mondays...I asked if they had on Guiness on tap, and upon confirmation slapped a $20 on the bar and told them to keep pouring until I hit the floor...

nrc
06-12-10, 12:44 PM
Since there already is a WC2010 thread and this thread has wandered far afield I'm going to recommend that WC discussion go there.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16359

dando
06-12-10, 01:53 PM
Since there already is a WC2010 thread and this thread has wandered far afield I'm going to recommend that WC discussion go there.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16359

Can we just change this thread to the Brit bashing thread? :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Elmo T
06-12-10, 02:38 PM
Well that didn't take long :saywhat:

Ankf00
06-13-10, 07:52 PM
First off the US aren't playing GB, they are playing ENGLAND...

Secondly, I hope to be the meat in a Salma Hayek/Cindy Crawford sandwich...

Neither are very likely...;)

boy, you blokes sure showed us :tony:

stroker
06-13-10, 08:28 PM
:rofl::D:laugh:

I have been known to partake of that particular brand of falling-down medicine..especially at a local bar that offers $1 draft Mondays...I asked if they had on Guiness on tap, and upon confirmation slapped a $20 on the bar and told them to keep pouring until I hit the floor...

There might be hope for you yet!

stroker
06-13-10, 08:29 PM
Can we just change this thread to the Brit bashing thread? :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

might as well because I doubt anyone gives a crap about the World Cup.