PDA

View Full Version : More Philly fans making us proud

Elmo T
06-08-10, 12:04 PM
The embarrassment never ends. :rolleyes:

Alleged Beer Drinking Toddler Latest Bad Phillies Fan Moment (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/weird/Phillies-Child-Allegedly-Drinks-Beer-95804689.html)

TV cameras allegedly caught something besides just the Phillies blowing a lead to the Padres Sunday -- they also caught a young child appearing to swig from a beer bottle while in the stands at Citizens Bank Park.

chop456
06-08-10, 12:10 PM
If that kid wants to get his drink on, he needs to move to Wisconsin, where it's legal (http://www.dor.state.wi.us/faqs/ise/atundrg.html#undrg2). :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
06-08-10, 12:23 PM
Best comment from the news site, "How can a baby afford $8 for a Miller Lite? Lucky." :rofl:

Don Quixote
06-08-10, 12:26 PM
I sure hope they are also teaching the kid the proper technique to chuck batteries. Drinking is only half of the equation.

Napoleon
06-08-10, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=Don Quixote;277346]I sure hope they are also teaching the kid the proper technique to chuck batteries. [QUOTE]

And boo Santa.

racermike
06-08-10, 01:49 PM
We all know what happens when a kid gets on the sauce at a ball game.

http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/archives/Little%2520Kid%20(2).jpg

Michaelhatesfans
06-09-10, 01:50 AM
I sure hope they are also teaching the kid the proper technique to chuck batteries.

Start them with 9 volts?

Methanolandbrats
06-09-10, 07:48 AM
Start them with 9 volts?

Those little hands could get a better grip on AAA batteries and they are much cheaper than 9V. Once the little guy has developed an accurate toss, move on to the heavier voltages.

Elmo T
06-09-10, 08:02 AM
I do like the run down of bad behavior in the article. :shakehead

Lasers and tasers and vomit, oh my... and a hooker thrown in for good measure!

Michaelhatesfans
06-09-10, 11:08 AM
Those little hands could get a better grip on AAA batteries and they are much cheaper than 9V. Once the little guy has developed an accurate toss, move on to the heavier voltages.

Maybe, but I've found that from the higher decks, the 9 volts carry a bit more momentum, and aren't as affected by wind gusts as the AAAs.

Methanolandbrats
06-09-10, 11:49 AM
Maybe, but I've found that from the higher decks, the 9 volts carry a bit more momentum, and aren't as affected by wind gusts as the AAAs.

Excellent point, you're right. :D

Don Quixote
06-09-10, 12:00 PM
A 9-volt battery tends to flutter a little in the air due to its non-symetrical shape. A D-size battery has the weight and shape to get the job done. :D

opinionated ow
06-09-10, 12:11 PM
A 9-volt battery tends to flutter a little in the air due to its non-symetrical shape. A D-size battery has the weight and shape to get the job done. :D

I think a 6 volter will do the job better. Nothing short of Cyclone Tracy will knock one of those off course!

cameraman
06-09-10, 02:28 PM
Nah, they are kind of expensive but the 3V lithium batteries, size 123 would make excellent projectiles. Same general built as a C cell but ~half the size.

devilmaster
06-09-10, 03:12 PM
Dead laptop batteries are cheap and plentiful if you know where to look....

Don Quixote
06-09-10, 03:37 PM
Offcamber is the best web site ever. You want to know how to smoke a brisket? What tires to buy? How to solve a software or hardware problem? Need inside info on sports? You know where to go. Oh yeah, and also you can learn what type of batteries are best for chucking. I love this place.

dando
06-09-10, 03:46 PM
Offcamber is the best web site ever. You want to know how to smoke a brisket? What tires to buy? How to solve a software or hardware problem? Need inside info on sports? You know where to go. Oh yeah, and also you can learn what type of batteries are best for chucking. I love this place.

You forgot bacon. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Elmo T
06-09-10, 03:48 PM
I love this place.

:thumbup::rofl:

I pondered posting a message suggesting the creation of an "OC Directory of Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities".

Andrew Longman
06-09-10, 04:38 PM
A) In Philly, no one cares if it is legal for a toddler to drink beer.There are people a few blocks from the ballpark who will explain it to you.

B) Battery throwing is an art form perfected in the Bronx. D cell is the preferred ammo. Any other talk simply reveals your amateurishness. Besides, handguns are the real weapon of choice in the Bronx so just sit your Philly candy ass back down.

Note too that the toddler apparently didn't have anyone watching him. That's Philly. Old enough to sit up and boo the team on his own he is old enough to wait while dad goes to score... something.

Elmo T
06-14-10, 09:53 PM
Any correspondence between the above thoughts and this gem:

A nonprofit group says that up to 90 percent of young Philadelphians are ineligible for military service because of criminal records, obesity or lack of education. (http://cbs3.com/local/military.philadelphia.report.2.1750594.html)

:shakehead

grungex
06-15-10, 07:44 PM
Did they break it down percentagewise by category?

Would it change if they repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell?