PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Air Races - Windsor

devilmaster
05-30-10, 08:20 PM
Well, just a friendly reminder that the Red Bull Air Race makes its stop in Windsor this weekend, June 4,5,6. Happened to meet one of the pilots tonite, Aussie Matt Hall at the Hilton hotel lounge i usually frequent on Sunday night.

If you feel you'd like to make it down, and have a chance to make it over from Detroit to Windsor, remember a small restaurant called Biscuits and Gravy Southern Bistro or Terra Cotta Pizzeria. Just ask for Steve. :) Would love to see old friends or forum members I've never met before.

Trevor Longman
05-31-10, 06:29 PM
I would like to see what this is all about but I think it would be a bit more economical to go to the event in Jersey City. haha

oddlycalm
06-02-10, 04:48 PM
the Hilton hotel lounge i usually frequent on Sunday night.
The River Runner? Know the place well. The Windsor Hilton was where I always stayed when I had to be in Detroit or at Ford Windsor/Essex. Wish I could be there now to try your food and see the air races.

oc

devilmaster
06-02-10, 06:41 PM
The River Runner? Know the place well. The Windsor Hilton was where I always stayed when I had to be in Detroit or at Ford Windsor/Essex. Wish I could be there now to try your food and see the air races.

oc

They actually just closed the river runner. Moved the bar upstairs to share the space of the park terrace restaurant. great view, but didn't plan the move properly at all. No proper bar, just a rolling catering bar and tap. all the beer and wine is in busbins with ice or in the fridge back in the kitchen... rediculous, but someone high up at the hilton said 'yes, this'll work' :irked:

oddlycalm
06-05-10, 03:36 PM
but someone high up at the hilton said 'yes, this'll work' :irked:
When organizations hire managers that don't understand how work gets done they tend to make a lot of glaring mistakes. Sad for everyone involved. The view is indeed a good one.

That would be a great place to stay for the air races. :thumbup:

oc