PDA

View Full Version : ORD fools!

Ankf00
05-28-10, 07:50 PM
first time. fontera for lunch tomorrow then cards game, beach & wimmins sunday. what else?

Michaelhatesfans
05-28-10, 07:59 PM
what else?

Flight delays

Gnam
05-28-10, 08:19 PM
Daly Plaza to pay respects to the Blues mobile.

Deep dish.

Window shopping at the Bentley dealership on North Rush Street.
They had a Veyron in there last time.

Methanolandbrats
05-28-10, 08:44 PM
Shedd if you like fish.

Opposite Lock
05-28-10, 08:51 PM
first time. fontera for lunch tomorrow then cards game, beach & wimmins sunday. what else?

Srsly comin' up to Chi?:eek: I live three blocks from Frontera, and I love to brunch at their bar, and I'm overdue for hittin' that place again. Would like to finally meet you. (check PMs)

As far as what to do, first thing to do is to get the hell out of Wrigleyville once the Cubs game is over. Okay, since you haven't been here before, maybe stick around for an hour or two so that you can properly gauge the doucheness level of the 'hood. (diamond in the rough: there is a Goose Island brewpub about a block south of the field). But after a few beers there, get out of that neighborhood and find something better.

Also, there's the matter of a little SC Game 1 in Puck tomorrow night. ;) But unless you're really rich, you're probably not gonna get to see that in person. :irked:

Sunday: rent/borrow (sorry I don't have an extra)/steal :D a bike, and crash the annual Bike The Drive early Sunday morning. Almost 40 car-free miles on LSD, and one of my favorite local events all year (I think this might be my 10th one of these now). Then go find a bar that is replaying the Turkish GP. I also heard a rumor that there might be another "race" on Sunday afternoon.:confused: Can't help you there.:laugh:

Btw, you couldn't have picked a better weekend weather-wise.:thumbup:

Opposite Lock
05-28-10, 08:54 PM
Daley Plaza to pay respects to the Blues mobile.

Walked by there today - the fountain water is currently dyed 'Hawks red. :thumbup:

PS: The lions outside the Art Institute currently have giant Blackhawks helmets on them. :thumbup:

devilmaster
05-28-10, 09:09 PM
and saw on the news report tonite... the jordan stat with a helmet and hawks jersey looks soooo gay.... :rofl:

Opposite Lock
05-28-10, 09:16 PM
and saw on the news report tonite... the jordan stat with a helmet and hawks jersey looks soooo gay.... :rofl:

Yeah, I wasn't going to mention that one.:o

But then again, the 'Hawks uniforms don't look like a red set of p'jammies (like the RedWings). :D

Ankf00
05-28-10, 11:00 PM
River north. Wimmins Booze. Booze in wimmins. Likey Chi!

Ankf00
05-28-10, 11:04 PM
And yet another city with wimmins way hotter than SF.

FML

Opposite Lock
05-29-10, 12:05 AM
And yet another city with wimmins way hotter than SF.

FML

Two words:

Stan Mikita. Donut shop. Party on. :thumbup:

(ok, that's six words.) :gomer:

http://media1.suntimes.com/multimedia/g101109hawk9_cst_feed_20091010_19_03_31_2506-288-400.imageContent

chop456
05-29-10, 08:10 PM
Too late now, but I'd bet a dollar you'd dig The Publican. (http://thepublicanrestaurant.com/)

Home of the thinking man's Porcine overdose.

Napoleon
05-29-10, 08:39 PM
I live three blocks from Frontera, and I love to brunch at their bar, and I'm overdue for hittin' that place again.

Really? So you are in the heart of the city. I was in Chi 2 weekends ago and called the Frontera around 5ish on Sat. and they had no reservations the rest of the night and it was a 3 hour wait. It didn't help that Rick Bayless was getting press that day since Obama had him flying to DC that week to be the special guest chef for the Mexican President's state visit.