PDA

View Full Version : PT+Barry Green+KVRT=DNQ

Easy
05-23-10, 06:13 PM
Wow. They fudged up bad today. Despite being a dog on the hot track they would've made it if they didn't pull their best time for a late (slower) attempt.

Biggest DNQ since Penske in 95?

Dr. Corkski
05-23-10, 06:18 PM
I am sure if he asks really nicely Tagzzz will give up his ride for him.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Opposite Lock
05-23-10, 06:39 PM
Because of PT, I actually came close to G.A.D this year, but now I'm squarely back to DNGAF, (and DIAF if you defected from CART/ChampCar).

In an unrelated story, the Chicago Blackhawks will be representin' in the Stanley Cup finals. :thumbup:

pchall
05-23-10, 07:16 PM
Biggest DNQ since Penske in 95?

Hardly. It's not like having the two immediate past winners on the team and pulling a DNQ out of the hat for them.

BarillaGirl
05-23-10, 07:43 PM
Because of PT, I actually came close to G.A.D this year, but now I'm squarely back to DNGAF, (and DIAF if you defected from CART/ChampCar).

Those sound like squares on a really sad board game for former fans of high-end motorsports. :(

chop456
05-24-10, 02:04 AM

You came out of retirement for that? :D

FTG
05-24-10, 09:06 PM
I thought it might be worth tuning in to see PT's last kick at the can. Guess I'll go for a bike ride instead.

pchall
05-24-10, 09:12 PM
I wonder if there was some kind of misplaced ego at work in the decision to withdraw the qualification? They were looking really solid for that 33rd starting position... and then the brain trust cramps up just because they have practiced at 225+ in the course of the afternoon.

Methanolandbrats
05-24-10, 10:02 PM
What happened? Was that old, fat Canadian back at the track with that prick Barry Green?

G.
05-24-10, 10:30 PM
What happened? Was that old, fat Canadian back at the track with that prick Barry Green?
You got something against Red Green?

pchall
05-24-10, 10:47 PM
You got something against Red Green?

Red Green's mad duct tape skillz would make him a grate IRL chief engineer. If Scooty Goodyear would change his name to CanadianTire and make a come back he'd surely get the Indy 5 Hunnert win that pace car stole from him in 1995 with Red duct taping his set ups. :gomer:

[Yikes. The Keebecker blood in my family is leaking out like maple syrup this evening... ;) ]

Easy
05-24-10, 10:52 PM
Hardly. It's not like having the two immediate past winners on the team and pulling a DNQ out of the hat for them.

Certainly not as big as 95 but the first big name to fail since then is what I was getting at.

Michaelhatesfans
05-24-10, 11:44 PM
Certainly not as big as 95 but the first big name to fail since then is what I was getting at.

Then again, didn't they go a few years without any bumping to speak of?

Hell, for that matter, they went quite a while without big names, as well.:laugh:

Gnam
05-25-10, 02:16 AM
It's a blessing in disguise for PT. With all the junk that's going to be on track and behind the wheel, the only smart move is not to play.

TKGAngel
05-25-10, 08:09 AM

PT says in his Racer blog that he has too much pride/honor/dignity to play the ride buying game.

With all the junk that's going to be on track and behind the wheel, the only smart move is not to play.

But with Milka not making the race, there's at least one less moving chicane on the track.

Indy
05-25-10, 08:32 AM
...the only smart move is not to play.

Brain "Falken" Barnhardt: Give me four good ones.
Joshua Tracy: Greetings, Professor Barnhart.
Brian "Falken" Barnhardt: Hello, Joshua Tracy.
Joshua Tracy: A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

Napoleon
05-29-10, 09:42 AM
I thought it might be worth tuning in to see PT's last kick at the can. Guess I'll go for a bike ride instead.

I will be joining you.

It just blows me away that he DNQed.

JohnHKart
06-02-10, 12:52 AM
I have not watched what became non bump day for a long time. I figured this year there would be a bump day again, and the most evil hour in motorsports was back this year. I enjoyed the coverage and I got the same awful scared feelings I used to get before. I avoided coverage of this and I just watched the bump coverage a week later two days ago...and Oh my god...I had no idea Tracy didn't make it. Stunned. The best part was Milka didn't, though.