PDA

View Full Version : Pork smackdown gone bad

oddlycalm
05-19-10, 09:42 PM
nikonf2 - Pretty much a quintessential Portland story: Hipsters, Foodies, excessive drinking and a strip club. Only thing missing was whether they traveled by bicycle, streetcar, or Prius between venues

Portland pig cook-off followed by brawl over the provenance of pork (http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/05/portland_pig_cook-off_followed.html)

This one goes in the keep Portland weird file. :cool: The comments are funnier than the article. And no, we haven't eaten at Thistle....:gomer:

oc

datachicane
05-19-10, 10:11 PM
God, I love Portland.
:thumbup:

Opposite Lock
05-20-10, 12:04 AM
The comments are funnier than the article.

:laugh: Indeed - thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

Gnam
05-20-10, 12:41 AM
:thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
05-20-10, 01:12 AM
Food, beer, a strip club, old school head butts, a tazing, pepper spray, and an Ecotonian with a chip on his shoulder.

We rock!:rofl::thumbup:

oddlycalm
05-20-10, 04:30 PM
The funniest part of the story to me is that they were able to get 400 people to cough up $175 ea to eat pig at the Governor Hotel. We're not talking vertical flights of a fine Pinot Noir, we're talking pig after all. :laugh:

oc

datachicane
05-20-10, 04:39 PM
The funniest part of the story to me is that they were able to get 400 people to cough up $175 ea to eat pig at the Governor Hotel. We're not talking vertical flights of a fine Pinot Noir, we're talking pig after all. :laugh:

oc

...and two block from Kenny & Zukes' doesn't exactly suck pastrami at that.

Michaelhatesfans
05-20-10, 04:50 PM
Yeah, when it mentioned the Governor Hotel and a strip bar, I just assumed they ended up at Mary's. Sounds like they made it over to Old Town before the pre-tazing festivities got under way.

oddlycalm
05-20-10, 10:56 PM
Yeah, when it mentioned the Governor Hotel and a strip bar, I just assumed they ended up at Mary's. Sounds like they made it over to Old Town before the pre-tazing festivities got under way.
Right, the opening head butt started clear back at 9:30 at Davis Street Tavern so they had a few hours to navigate their way down a block to Chinatown then around the corner to Magic Garden. :laugh:

oc

Michaelhatesfans
05-21-10, 01:56 AM
Damn, if they had just ended up at the Hung Far Low, this story would be framed and mounted on my wall next to the Portland Bridges poster.

datachicane
05-21-10, 02:15 AM
This response bears repeating:

Posted by luckydog1
May 18, 2010, 10:04PM

I hope they used locally grown peppers for the pepper spray.

Also, what about the strippers? I hope they didn't bring any of them in from Iowa. It's better to eat Iowa pork and support local strippers than the other way around. Anyone who has been to Iowa will agree.

Ankf00
05-21-10, 05:05 AM
keep Portland weird file.

Austin welcomes royalty payments whenever its convenient :D