PDA

View Full Version : Open Wheel racing in Wisconsin

TRDfan
05-17-10, 12:09 PM
Something to pass the time from Dave Kallman.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/93869449.html

I think it's easy to spot the TF'ers.

Methanolandbrats
05-17-10, 12:29 PM
Another excellent reason not to read the newspaper.

BarillaGirl
05-17-10, 12:46 PM
Boy, that was depressing to read. Everyone seems to be able to tell exactly how and why things go downhill... but nobody ever knows how to go uphill again.

Meet you at Jefferson Speedway and I'll buy you a beer. What do they race over there?

oddlycalm
05-17-10, 12:49 PM
I think it's easy to spot the TF'ers.
Right, I particularly liked the "eliminate all races except the five hunnert..." comment. :gomer: :shakehead

oc

Duroc
05-18-10, 12:17 PM
Right, I particularly liked the "eliminate all races except the five hunnert..." comment. :gomer: :shakehead

oc

You're just a hater. The "plan" to replace the ISC ovals with Milwaukee, Las Vegas and New Hampshire is pure gomer genius. :laugh: Let's see.. Both CART and the IRL already failed at these tracks...the third time is sure to be a charm, right?

Steve99
05-18-10, 06:55 PM
But Vegas has much higher banking now, so the racing will be more gooder. :gomer:

opinionated ow
05-18-10, 07:26 PM
And I thought this article was going to be about the idiots who run Angell Park pissing off the Badger Midget Auto Racing Association...

Tim
05-18-10, 08:26 PM
And I thought this article was going to be about the idiots who run Angell Park pissing off the Badger Midget Auto Racing Association...

Well most people from Sun Prairie are idiots.

I don't really miss having a race in the state. There isn't anything running here that is worth money to go see. I haven't been to any track in about 3 years but I hope that sometime I will go to RA again.

patski
05-19-10, 09:06 AM

I had not heard that. What happened?

Methanolandbrats
05-19-10, 09:10 AM
Well most people from Sun Prairie are idiots.

I don't really miss having a race in the state. There isn't anything running here that is worth money to go see. I haven't been to any track in about 3 years but I hope that sometime I will go to RA again.

Kohler/Brian Redman weekend at RA is still worth it.

opinionated ow
05-19-10, 09:12 AM
I had not heard that. What happened?

Not entirely sure...but Angell Park went their own way. Badger is travelling and pulling 20+ cars (a long way down from the past but better than most midget series in this economy!). Angell Park's race on Sunday night had I believe 8 cars one of which didn't even get through qualifying. :\

High Sided
05-19-10, 10:48 AM
found this on the angell park/badger midgets split...
http://host.madison.com/sports/amateur/article_97ad81fa-060c-11df-a862-001cc4c002e0.html
"The organizations are at odds over the direction of midget racing at the one-third mile clay track", sounds familiar :shakehead "Angell Park announced it will debut its new midget series on May 16 and tentatively will be known as The Angell Park Speedway Auto Racing Association." :gomer: