PDA

View Full Version : American Car Brochures

Sean Malone
05-13-10, 02:27 PM
A private collection of American car brochures (scanned). Mostly prior to the '90's. I find it interesting to see the advertising trends as you click through the years/decades. In the 60's its all about impressing the girls with your muscle car. Unfortunately the scan size doesn't always allow you to read the smaller text.

Link (http://www.lov2xlr8.no/broch1.html)

Don Quixote
05-13-10, 02:59 PM
My first car. Man I loved that car.

Thumbnail:

Sean Malone
05-13-10, 03:51 PM
My first car. Man I loved that car.

Thumbnail:

'Go see your Buick dealer and whisper the magic word. Wildcat.' :thumbup:

oddlycalm
05-13-10, 05:03 PM
The 1912 Caddie, back when "new features" meant something more than better drink holders and a change in sheet metal. Here's to 98yrs of electric starters :thumbup:

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/cadillac/bilder/12cad.jpg

TKGAngel
05-13-10, 07:02 PM
From the marketing side, what a great archive of creative showcasing client/agency relationships that sadly no longer exist. Last fall Chrysler fired its agency, BBDO Detroit, after a 50+ year relationship. And earlier this year, Campbell Ewald was fired after a 91 year relationship with Chevy.

Don Quixote
05-13-10, 07:59 PM
And earlier this year, Campbell Ewald was fired after a 91 year relationship with Chevy.And, IIRC, was replaced by a French firm. :(

oddlycalm
05-14-10, 03:29 PM
From the marketing side, what a great archive of creative showcasing client/agency relationships that sadly no longer exist. Last fall Chrysler fired its agency, BBDO Detroit, after a 50+ year relationship. And earlier this year, Campbell Ewald was fired after a 91 year relationship with Chevy.

Excellent point. You always hear about the labor contracts and parts suppliers but at the high end were always outfits like Campbell Ewald and BBDO as well as smaller shops like MacManus, John & Adams that did legendary work. A friend of mine growing up was the son of a VP at BBDO and we got to meet the Dodge Girls, Burt Reynolds and Joe Higgins the actor who played the sheriff in the "Boy, you're in a heap o' trouble" adds. :gomer:

oc

WickerBill
05-14-10, 09:34 PM
And, IIRC, was replaced by a French firm. :(

Well yes, but they switched to a global branding firm, which jives with the rumor that they wish to push Chevrolet like Ford has pushed..well... Ford in Europe. They've cannibalized their own brands by having Vauxhall, Opel, etc., in other countries instead of pushing Chevrolet. Heck, Corvette is a "make", not a "model" in the UK. Too ashamed to put the bowtie on it or something.

And hopefully no more "This is OOOOUUUURRRR COUUUUNNNNTRRYRYYYYRRYRYRY" commercials! We win.