PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch Season 6

WickerBill
05-07-10, 06:55 AM
Questions:

- Why wouldn't Northwestern and Cornelia Marie wait until they got to port to trade Jakes? Didn't Sig say (and Wizard prove) that King season was almost over?

- How in the world are they gonna handle Phil Harris during Opilio?

- Is Jake Harris the most annoying brother in history?

- Jon Hillstrand vs. Keith Colburn -- who ya got?

rosawendel
05-07-10, 08:01 AM
i can almost hear the dramatic organ music in that post :D

"tune in next time, for the exciting conclusion..."

actually, i want to know when sig's next mental breakdown comes. he's hanging on by a thread.

JoeBob
05-07-10, 11:47 AM
They seem to have an awful lot of footage of Captain Phil saying profound things. All that is missing is forboding organ music in the background every time he says one of them.

Apparently, the cameras were with Phil and his family through the whole thing. How much of the footage they use will be interesting. Throughout, he had told them that he wanted the story told. Of course, he was also predicting a happier ending.

chop456
05-07-10, 12:13 PM
1) Don't know.
2) Good question.
3) Yes.
4) Jonathan, unfortunately. How can his brother be relatively normal and he seems like such a skid?

Methanolandbrats
05-07-10, 12:23 PM
1-4) WGAF, I'm sick of watching people catch crabs. :)

WickerBill
05-07-10, 12:31 PM
1-4) WGAF, I'm sick of watching people catch crabs. :)

It'd be different if they were catching live brats, right?

Methanolandbrats
05-07-10, 12:44 PM
Catching brats is out of their league....way too quick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9H3neys1JM&feature=related

nrc
05-07-10, 04:26 PM
Questions:

- Why wouldn't Northwestern and Cornelia Marie wait until they got to port to trade Jakes? Didn't Sig say (and Wizard prove) that King season was almost over?

- How in the world are they gonna handle Phil Harris during Opilio?

- Is Jake Harris the most annoying brother in history?

- Jon Hillstrand vs. Keith Colburn -- who ya got?

- The only thing I can figure is that maybe one ship was expecting to return to Dutch Harbor and then continue on to their home port before the other ship was finished. Still seems like a huge risk.

- Ugh. Makes me sad every time I see the guy. I'd be concerned even if I didn't know the outcome. He's clearly not doing well in the show.

- possibly

- I like the Hillstrands but I'm not sure I get that level of anger. I think there's more there than we're seeing.

Al Czervik
05-07-10, 07:07 PM
-
- I like the Hillstrands but I'm not sure I get that level of anger. I think there's more there than we're seeing.

Manufactured outrage to boost ratings, most probably.

Methanolandbrats
05-07-10, 08:49 PM
This show is much cooler :D http://www.trutv.com/shows/operation_repo/index.html

RaceGrrl
05-07-10, 09:16 PM
Thanks for starting this thread... I was planning to if someone else didn't. :)

It is really sad to see Captain Phil- he's been my favorite since we started watching. I also think there's more between Keith and Jon, but I also predict that Phil's situation will make them rethink things.

Cam
05-08-10, 01:19 AM
Apparently there is more ice onboard the trawlers than is formed from the freezing waters of the North Pacific and Arctic Oceans.

Linky. (http://gawker.com/5533522/deadliest-catch-employee-trapped-in-giant-drug-sting)

TKGAngel
05-08-10, 09:14 PM

Editing monkeys. The Wizard clip could have come from any point in the season. They've been really absent in these past few episodes. I blame it on the loss of Crosby. He was incredibly camera friendly...in more ways than one.

And wasn't Jake H. ready to get the heck out of Sig's domain? Jake A. seemed to do really well on the slightly more laid back Cornelia Marie.

I love that Phil is just incredibly amused by the fighting between Jake and Josh.

Between Phil and what goes down on the mainland with Jake A., I'm going to be a weepy mess as the season goes on.

Elmo T
05-13-10, 03:17 PM
Out of crab season now I guess, but if you have some time to kill you can get some interesting real time data from monitoring buoys here:

National Data buoy Center (http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/)

nrc
06-20-10, 09:06 PM
Wow. You couldn't script a story this sad and have anyone call it believable. :(

WickerBill
06-20-10, 10:22 PM
No kidding. Jake, Jake, Jake...

TKGAngel
06-21-10, 10:38 AM
I didn't see the Jake reveal coming at all.

Popeater (http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/16/josh-harris-phil-harris-deadliest-catch/) has a nice interview with Josh about all the ish that went down with his dad and Jake. It's kinda spoiler-y about Phil's medical issues.

At least Discovery stepped up and sent Jake to rehab.

RaceGrrl
06-23-10, 01:09 AM
I'm sure I wasn't the only teary-eyed viewer of tonight's show. :(:(

WickerBill
07-01-10, 08:43 AM
Ok, the show is getting more and more brutal to watch. And watching After the Catch is making me think that Phil was the glue that held this bunch together.

Freddy's talk to Josh was unreal.

nrc
07-01-10, 06:14 PM
:cry:

It really is just amazingly tragic. I feel a little bad to think that it's packaged as entertainment but I don't know how you could create a greater tribute to the trials these men go through - how the lives they lead can end in an early grave whether the it comes at sea or on land.

We've avoided the "after the catch" episodes but if it's worthwhile maybe we can catch it in re-runs.

racer2c
09-29-10, 02:21 PM
Capt Sig and the Hillstrand brothers call it quits.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20430353,00.html

WickerBill
09-29-10, 02:42 PM
Right on cue, it disintegrates...

Three captains leaving Deadliest Catch (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20430353,00.html)

TrueBrit
09-29-10, 02:50 PM
Right on cue, it disintegrates...

Three captains leaving Deadliest Catch (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20430353,00.html)

Don't think of it as losing the Deadliest Catch, but more like we're gaining 'At home with Sarah Palin'....*puke*

Guess I'm done with that network...

WickerBill
10-12-10, 07:46 PM
Fixed.

Deadliest Catch stars rejoin series (http://thresq.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/10/deadliest-catch-trio-rejoins-the-show.html)

TKGAngel
10-12-10, 08:45 PM
Also cool is that the Cornelia Marie will be back with both Harris boys aboard. :thumbup:

cameraman
10-12-10, 10:05 PM
I pity the Captain they hire.

indyfan31
10-13-10, 10:14 AM
I pity the Captain they hire.

Do you think their collective egos will let them hire someone?

TKGAngel
10-13-10, 10:44 AM

The article I read said that the same dude who captained the boat after Phil's passing will captain it for this upcoming season.

chop456
10-14-10, 04:49 AM

It's not their boat/decision.

indyfan31
10-14-10, 09:55 AM
It's not their boat/decision.
I thought Phil was part owner of the C.M.

Gangrel
10-14-10, 10:00 AM
I thought Phil was part owner of the C.M.

PART owner. Cornelia still has a say in the matter...

chop456
04-12-11, 06:14 AM
Season premiere tonight.

[/onthecrab]

RaceGrrl
04-13-11, 06:13 PM
We Tivoed it and will watch tonight. :) :thumbup:

WickerBill
04-13-11, 08:23 PM
Quite a show last night. The Cornelia is gonna implode at some point with that captain.

extramundane
04-13-11, 09:23 PM
That Ramblin' Rose boat looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

rosawendel
04-13-11, 09:40 PM
That Ramblin' Rose boat looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

"really? the one guy who's not in the room right now trashed the galley and bought beer? oh, then i'll put him on a plane then and all will be right with the world. cool."

WickerBill
04-14-11, 06:13 AM
"really? the one guy who's not in the room right now trashed the galley and bought beer? oh, then i'll put him on a plane then and all will be right with the world. cool."

What's wrong with the "clean it up and don't let it happen again" speech? Now they go to a super-remote blue king fishing grounds minus a deckhand. Dumb.

Maybe he shouldn't have docked for a day and a half.

TKGAngel
04-14-11, 09:21 AM
Quite a show last night. The Cornelia is gonna implode at some point with that captain.

I also can't be the only one that thought that Jake H & the other crew guy were AWOL for so long because they were off getting trashed or trying to score something.

nrc
04-14-11, 01:14 PM

Both there and on the Rose, it's a new Captain trying to assert their authority. On the CM I'm sure the guy is feeling a "it's our boat, you just steer it" attitude. The guy on the Rose is just trying to prove that he's in charge.

nrc
05-25-11, 11:06 PM

Done and done. Captain was an ass, but I give Jake about two years before he smokes his way through his share of the boat. :shakehead:

TKGAngel
05-26-11, 08:30 AM
Done and done. Captain was an ass, but I give Jake about two years before he smokes his way through his share of the boat. :shakehead:

The captain found out after filming was done that Disco had footage of Jake smoking up on the boat.

WickerBill
05-26-11, 09:23 AM
Neither side is blameless (the captain tried to turn the most laid-back crab vessel on the Bering into a dictatorship without proving he could deliver first).... but if I were Josh, I would do whatever it took to buy out Jake, then start over. We'll see how Opilio season goes... I understand they will have a new skipper who is still with the boat now.

TrueBrit
05-26-11, 02:52 PM
Jake has completely lost the plot. The new captain was doing exactly what they told him he could do, and then Jake spends his time getting stoned...Niiice..

Yeah dude, everyone just walks off a boat and buys a plane ticket with no luggage because they see a cop pull up. Nothing weird or suspicious about that..:shakehead

I have a sneaking hunch that the other partners will try and buy out/push out Jake before long...and Josh needs to get his **** together too...it's called fishing for a reason...the crab don't just sit there waiting for you to drop the pots down for them to climb into...

All I know is their old man wouldn't put up with any of the **** they've pulled this season, and I don't think things will end well...

TrueBrit
05-26-11, 02:52 PM
The captain found out after filming was done that Disco had footage of Jake smoking up on the boat.

No kidding? They had knowledge of a crime and they didn't report it? Ooops...

TKGAngel
05-26-11, 07:15 PM
Can you show someone smoking up without running afoul of the FCC, Dutch Harbor Police, Coast Guard, etc?

Yeah dude, everyone just walks off a boat and buys a plane ticket with no luggage because they see a cop pull up. Nothing weird or suspicious about that

Contrast Jake's reaction to trouble with how Lynn reacted when he fell asleep in the wheelhouse on the Wizard. Dude knew he screwed up and you could read it on his face.

RaceGrrl
05-27-11, 12:11 AM
New captain made a stupid decision to fish blue crab though- I think if he'd had a good red crab season they'd have put up with the crap. I'll be surprised if Jake lasts another year. Kid is on a path of self destruction. Guess if his old man is any indication though, he can turn it around if he wants to. It's just painful to watch the two of them struggle.

WickerBill
05-27-11, 08:07 AM
He's a mess. But the replacement skipper was a really poor choice for "first captain after Phil"