PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP Spain

oddlycalm
05-02-10, 07:56 PM
Wow, quite a race for the Spanish fans, a 1-2 finish with a pass for the lead on the final lap. I was relieved to see Lorenzo catch and pass the insect Pedrosa and deny him the win. Hayden is looking much better on the new Ducati and is close the the leaders pace. Hope they can find just a bit more speed.

The GP2 race was fun again. Major dicing right down the the line. This new class is a huge improvement over the 250's IMO.

oc

opinionated ow
05-03-10, 03:40 AM
Wow, quite a race for the Spanish fans, a 1-2 finish with a pass for the lead on the final lap. I was relieved to see Lorenzo catch and pass the insect Pedrosa and deny him the win. Hayden is looking much better on the new Ducati and is close the the leaders pace. Hope they can find just a bit more speed.

The GP2 race was fun again. Major dicing right down the the line. This new class is a huge improvement over the 250's IMO.

oc

I point blank refuse to watch it on the basis that they decimated a great class for a spec series

oddlycalm
05-03-10, 05:26 PM
I point blank refuse to watch it on the basis that they decimated a great class for a spec series
I understand what you're saying, but the 250 class hasn't been relevant to the real world for the last 30yrs. The days when the top riders also rode the 250 class are also long gone. I wouldn't trade my memories of Hailwood on the Honda 250 six cylinder battling with Phil Read on the Yamaha 5 cylinder but that was over before 1970. The two strokes never found a broad audience.

oc

Hard Driver
05-04-10, 04:30 PM
Yes, very nice race from Lorenzo... very deserving of that win, chasing down everyone from fourth place and picking them off one by one... Last 2 laps were pretty exciting...

Wonder what happened to Ben Spies?

High Sided
05-04-10, 05:42 PM

to bad because it was one hell of a race with 32 bikes and one american (from barcelona:saywhat:). kenny noyes worked his way into the lead but ended up finishing in 7th place.

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2010/moto2-jerez-american-kenny-noyes-results

Rogue Leader
05-04-10, 06:05 PM
Moto GP... still the best racing on TV.

And I'm no Lorenzo fan but I like Pedrosa even less so I was glad to see Lorenzo take him down....