PDA

View Full Version : Mini Cooper Crash - over the fence

Elmo T
05-01-10, 10:15 PM
Amazing that folks weren't seriously injured :saywhat:

MINI Challenge crash @ Ipswich 300 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC2oArZP8wg)

SteveH
05-01-10, 10:40 PM
well at least the fence wasn't seriously damaged

emjaya
05-02-10, 12:23 AM
Nasty. Another one under-steered off into a wall today, driver hurt.

Mini's might be great on the road, but they are crap racecars. They seem to roll over at the drop of a hat.

Gnam
05-02-10, 01:57 AM
Gravel traps and the tire walls don't work when you bounce over them. Maybe a few rows of tires farther out would catch the Mini's before the fence.

Are the fences around Sebring still that low in places?

opinionated ow
05-02-10, 03:42 AM
Nasty. Another one under-steered off into a wall today, driver hurt.

Mini's might be great on the road, but they are crap racecars. They seem to roll over at the drop of a hat.

Not the first time one has gone over big time either. Chris did it in a big way at Sandown.

EDIT: Chris Alajajian that is...

pchall
05-03-10, 07:01 AM
This crash made the local Sunday night sports wrap so on the Fox station. Definitely "When Cars Go Wild" material.

Indy
05-03-10, 09:38 AM
Someone at NASCAR headquarters is laughing nervously...

nissan gtp
05-03-10, 04:20 PM
Gravel traps and the tire walls don't work when you bounce over them. Maybe a few rows of tires farther out would catch the Mini's before the fence.

Are the fences around Sebring still that low in places?

in most places, thank goodness.

watkins glenn had lots of nice places until they revamped the track to keep the flying crapwagons contained.

Cam
05-03-10, 07:15 PM
I watched the V8's there over the weekend and I have to wonder why Barbagallo was given the flick from the calendar, when this bland boring track is still on. :saywhat:

Methanolandbrats
05-03-10, 07:27 PM
Minis are shaped like beach balls and they bounce like them. We had one clear the wall at Blackhawk and land in the pits and that Mini only had like 75 hp :laugh: ****ing thing rolled like a tumbleweed.

emjaya
05-03-10, 08:01 PM
I watched the V8's there over the weekend and I have to wonder why Barbagallo was given the flick from the calendar, when this bland boring track is still on. :saywhat:

$hort an$wer: Tax-payer dollars.