View Full Version : Insomniac

WickerBill
04-29-10, 01:29 PM
General Information

* Last Activity: 08-25-09 09:02 AM

Anyone have any info at all?

TravelGal
04-29-10, 01:43 PM
I'm so glad you brought up his name. I sure do miss his posts.

We emailed about a bunch of travel stuff last year. Last time I talked to him was a couple of months ago. I keep telling him we miss him but he says he's busy with job and lots going on. I tell him that's no excuse whatsoever. :D

dando
04-29-10, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the 411. I've been wondering/concerned about him since he abandoned us after the NFL season post for this past season.

-Kevin

Insomniac
05-02-10, 11:39 AM
Sorry guys. No excuses really. I can't believe it's basically been a year (and like 5000 dando posts :p) since I've been around and active.

Some of you might remember I was looking for a new job (as unemployment was rising drastically) because I just wasn't making much movement at my current company. Shortly after that, our customer cancelled our contract about 1 year before it was supposed to end. Long story short, there were other sub-contracts on there that we had to scramble to get money moved and my boss was let go, which wasn't a good sign.

As it often happens, it worked out even better than I could've expected. We got the work moved, I became the project manager and my new boss is a VP. Over the last year he got to know me well, see the quality of my work first hand and placed more work and responsibilities on me. What was becoming a boring, tedious, do in my sleep, apparent dead end somehow turned into me doing proposal work, corporate strategy, project management and I've worked on 4 new projects in a year after working on 2 for 8 years.

And now you guys can see I had way too much time on my hands at work to post on OC (with my old work). :D So days became weeks (I told myself I'd catch up on all the green flags), then months.

Then my PC blew up. One new machine, 3 clean installs later, when I type an "O" into my browser, OffCamber didn't show up. (I had to dig up some old backups to find my OC password.)

Now I'm back and I'll get reacclimated. Thanks for the concern. I hope everyone is doing well.

Don Quixote
05-02-10, 12:08 PM
Welcome back! Don't let it happen again. :thumbup:

nrc
05-02-10, 12:34 PM
Welcome back. We saved you a spot.

dando
05-02-10, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Insomniac;275321(and like 5000 dando posts :p) [/QUOTE]

@ least I didn't retire @ 5K like our Irish friend from FL and then unretire like Purple & White Jeebus. :gomer: :D Welcome back, goober. ;)

_Kevin

Ankf00
05-02-10, 02:20 PM
punk.

:saywhat:

:D

WickerBill
05-02-10, 03:48 PM
wooo hooooo!

I'm going to start a post next about not seeing Tara Munger for a while; maybe she'll come back!

(kidding)

(not comparing Insomniac to TM)

oddlycalm
05-02-10, 03:51 PM
Good to hear that you fell down the stairs and landed in a better position Insomniac. :thumbup:

oc

Elmo T
05-02-10, 04:56 PM
Do we need a "where are they now" thread?

As I like to hear at Disney... "welcome home"

Insomniac
05-03-10, 09:04 AM
Thanks! TravelGal gave me a heads up. No way I was going to leave you all wondering.