PDA

View Full Version : The Foyt Futility Watch -- Hot News Update!

pchall
04-26-10, 09:48 PM
After seeing his driver Vitor Meira drive to a rousing 11th place finish at Long Beach, AJ Foyt announces his exciting plans for the Two Weeks of May including a second entry for the fabled 500.

A.J. Foyt IV to Drive Second Foyt Entry in the Indianapolis 500

WALLER, TX April 22, 2010—Lucky number 7! A.J. Foyt IV returns to the cockpit of the No. 41 ABC Supply Indy car for what will be his seventh Indianapolis 500, and fifth one driving for his legendary grandfather A.J. Foyt, Jr. Foyt IV joins Vitor Meira who drives the No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda in the IZOD IndyCar Series.

“It’s great to be back in an Indy car and I’m grateful to my grandfather for giving me another opportunity to drive at Indy,” Foyt IV said. “Although I haven’t been in a car since Texas, I feel pretty confident going into this year’s 500. I know Larry and A.J. have been working hard to step up the team’s performance and it really shows.”

There's nothing more important to the Futility Watch than having a Foyt driving a Foyt entry. EyeVee will work with Jeff Britton, Foyt Racing’s new chief engineer. Britton was the engineer responsible for Special Ed Carpenter's success with Vision Racing last season.

Let's hear the sound of one hand clapping for Sammich!

NismoZ
04-27-10, 09:43 PM
Yeah, he's running the 500 and Bruno is unemployed. That makes sense.

Gnam
04-28-10, 01:30 AM
- to the George of Jungle tune -

Junq, Junq, Junq at the Hickyard
Watch out for Eye Vee!
<crash>

:rofl: still funny

Steve99
04-28-10, 05:45 PM
Yeah, he's running the 500 and Bruno is unemployed. That makes sense.

I thought Bruno was running the 500 with Tagliani's team.

NismoZ
05-02-10, 06:24 PM
That'd be nice. Guess they owe him one after last year.