PDA

View Full Version : Dixon to Aussie V-8s

NismoZ
04-22-10, 06:56 PM
Scott Dixon will partner with Todd and Rick kelly on the Jack Daniels team at the Surfers endurance race in Oct. two weeks after the Bathurst round. And that ain't all. Also signed up to race are Ryan Briscoe, Dario Franchitti, Will Power, Alex Tagliani, Sebastian Bourdais, Heinz-Harald Frantzen, Mika Salo, Morbedelli, and David Brabham. Sheesh. How'd they pull that one out of their hat?! So, any of you guys have a time share down there, say with a nice balcony overlooking the track?:) I know some of you think it's NASCRAP Down Under, but we could have a LITTLE fun, maybe?

Trevor Longman
04-22-10, 10:12 PM
I saw this on autosport earlier. I can't believe what an awesome lineup they've put together. Apparently it's due to the series making a rule saying that each team has to have at least 1 international driver. I wish they were still using the full circuit and not shortening it but it will still be nice to see 2x300km races there, and with a line up like that no less!

emjaya
04-22-10, 10:43 PM
You missed the really big name ( and Off Camber favorite )that will be there. (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/motor-sport/jacques-villeneuve-heads-stellar-international-cast-for-gold-coast-600/story-e6frepn6-1225857326141)

:gomer:

opinionated ow
04-23-10, 03:21 AM
You guys give this event too much credit. The only reason the internationals are there is because the governing body mandated each team had an international. It's all bs. Even the Queenslanders hate the "Indy" weekend now

pchall
04-23-10, 08:27 AM
Whatever happened to the days when Aussie V8s pretended that they were the feature of the event and the claims that the weekend would disappear without them?

emjaya
04-23-10, 09:09 AM
Whatever happened to the days when Aussie V8s pretended that they were the feature of the event and the claims that the weekend would disappear without them?

Reality bit.

NismoZ
04-23-10, 10:03 AM
Alrighty, then...cancel my reservation.;)