PDA

View Full Version : RE: Wireless Connection Issues

Tifosi24
04-21-10, 11:43 PM
The wife and I have been in the need of a different laptop and we were able to procure an older IBM Thinkpad T41. I have been trying in vain the past two nights to get this thing to connection to the internet. I will start by saying that all of the relevant drivers (LAN, Wireless, etc.) are the latest available. When I have manually entered IP addresses and such, the laptop connects to the home network, but I am unable to connect to the internet. However, when I try to automatically pull an IP address, the laptop will not connect to the network. I am using a WPA encryption and all of the other wireless devices (Dell laptop, Wii, Blu-Ray) have been able to seamlessly connect to my router (Motorola SBG900). Also, I took the laptop to work and I was able to connect to an unsecured wireless network without any trouble. My guess is that there is some conflict between IBM's Access Connection software and my wireless encryption.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Methanolandbrats
04-21-10, 11:50 PM
You need a new wireless card for it.

chop456
04-22-10, 02:35 AM
Try Windows "Connect to a Network' instead of IBM Access Connections. That gives me problems sometimes, even with wired LAN.