PDA

View Full Version : Vettel isn't a happy camper tonight

cameraman
04-18-10, 07:13 PM
The stewards come back with a no decision on Hamilton's stupid human tricks and Red Bull pretty much guessed wrong about tires at every possible opportunity. If you catch the Speed Report Vettel's "interview" is pretty classic. :laugh:

oddlycalm
04-18-10, 07:48 PM
Yeah, another lost opportunity for RB, Vettel not amused. Button's victory had more than a couple drivers grinding their teeth. Hamilton being on the short end of a race strategy decision (again) was obviously annoying to him.

Rosberg and Kubica continue to execute well in cars just short of being right. Any improvement in the car at Benz or Renault would mean big trouble to the front runners.

oc

opinionated ow
04-18-10, 08:25 PM
Form guide is interesting this year. There really isn't very much between a Group A, B or C team this year:

Group A
Ferrari
McLaren
Red Bull

Group B (usually competitive with C but can mix with A)
Mercedes-Benz
Renault

Group C
Force India
BMW-Sauber
Williams Torro Rosso

Group D
Virgin
HRT
Lotus

rosawendel
04-19-10, 08:00 AM
hamilton got an amazing gift. looking at the replays he almost clipped a airgun hose going out.
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/151296.jpg

Methanolandbrats
04-19-10, 08:12 AM
Since he was a little boy, Lew has been told by Uncle Ron and others he can walk on water. Someone needs to convince him he is just another driver before he kills someone.

WickerBill
04-19-10, 08:59 AM
I know everyone is wet over Vettel, but look at the picture -- not exactly giving Hamilton the room he should have.

SteveH
04-19-10, 09:04 AM
I know everyone is wet over Vettel, but look at the picture -- not exactly giving Hamilton the room he should have.

You say that like its a bad thing. ;)

TrueBrit
04-19-10, 09:08 AM

Stop making sense..it interferes with folks getting their hate on...;)

Indy
04-19-10, 09:24 AM
Form guide is interesting this year. There really isn't very much between a Group A, B or C team this year:

Group A
Ferrari
McLaren
Red Bull

Group B (usually competitive with C but can mix with A)
Mercedes-Benz
Renault

Ferrari = Group B

Methanolandbrats
04-19-10, 09:31 AM
Vettel is ahead of Lew, Lew should tuck in behind. Lew = asshat.

BarillaGirl
04-19-10, 09:34 AM
What was with the Ferraris and the crazy pass Alonso made on Massa as they went into the pit-in? If they were running a stacked pit stop, didn't they have to be set up for a certain driver first and the other guy second? Or are the tires exactly the same and it didn't matter (except to Fernando "Burn My Bridges As I Go" Alonso) who came in first? :shakehead

emjaya
04-19-10, 09:35 AM

He should not have to give him room. Hamilton should concede and swing in behind. Once he was behind Vettel he had no choice.

Hamilton is a rocket and he has spent the last couple of years carving up complacent old men in much slower cars. Now with Vettel, he is having to deal with someone who is just as fast and just as agressive as he is and is in a car that is the equal of his.

It's like Ayrton Senna on Ayrton Senna. Let's enjoy it while it lasts and hope they don't kill someone.

Cam
04-19-10, 09:51 AM
Stop making sense..it interferes with folks getting their hate on...;)

:thumbup: and a llama. :)

NismoZ
04-19-10, 09:59 AM
nrc's idea of sprinklers around the track seems to have worked quite well.:) Bring on the shortcuts!

Sean Malone
04-19-10, 10:00 AM
Loved the race. Glad Button (said with a French accent) is surprising the world with his 2 wins.

Lew vs Vett should be epic from here on out.

Indy
04-19-10, 10:01 AM
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/151296.jpg

When I see a still photo of those cars I am reminded how profoundly stupid those wings look.

Why not narrow the front back to a normal size, and increase the rear width but enforce maximum wing angles which accomplish the same goals of less rear grip, less turbulence?

indyfan31
04-19-10, 10:06 AM
Vettel is ahead of Lew, Lew should tuck in behind. Lew = asshat.
I've been dreading this day for years, and it finally happened: I agree with Meth. :D
As far as "giving him room", there was plenty of room behind Vettel's car.

SteveH
04-19-10, 10:07 AM
Why not narrow the front back to a normal size,

No need to now, they reduced the width of the front tire this year. :shakehead

BarillaGirl
04-19-10, 11:17 AM

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
04-19-10, 11:29 AM
I've been dreading this day for years, and it finally happened: I agree with Meth. :D

It's a good feeling when you finally see the light, is'nt it. Like a thick fog has lifted :D :p

Rogue Leader
04-19-10, 12:58 PM

Exactly...

oddlycalm
04-19-10, 10:36 PM
Now with Vettel, he is having to deal with someone who is just as fast and just as agressive as he is and is in a car that is the equal of his.
All true, and while the two pugilists are enjoying their grudge match other drivers are taking advantage while Vettel and Hamilton languish in 4th and 5th in the WDC standings. I can almost hear the teeth grinding from here. :laugh:

oc

cameraman
04-19-10, 11:16 PM
All true, and while the two pugilists are enjoying their grudge match other drivers are taking advantage while Vettel and Hamilton languish in 4th and 5th in the WDC standings. I can almost hear the teeth grinding from here. :laugh:

oc

Well you can hardly blame Vettel's position in the standings on his driving skills.

Gnam
04-20-10, 02:21 AM
I liked Button's post race interview where he tried to convince everyone it was more than luck that led to his win. Yeah, it's called rain. :gomer: He better pray for a wet summer because barring a European monsoon season Alonso, Vettel, and Hamilton are going to bury him.

Also, Schumacher reminds me of Bourdais. Both had consistent success in racing formulas similar to the current F1 format and were team players that could develop a fast car. However, neither of them are flexible in their driving styles and will always try to change the car to suit them instead of changing themselves to suit the car.

For example, Bourdais wasted a year waiting for the Toro Rosso chassis to move to his driving style instead of learning how to drive the car quickly. When Vettel demonstrated his ability to adapt to the car, Bourdais' complaints fell on deaf ears.

To avoid Bourdais' fate Schumacher may have thought his three year contract would give him enough time to bend the team & car toward him. However, I don't think Mercedes is going to agree that the car is the problem while Rosberg is running at the front with the current car.

Keeping MS for the rest of the year makes sense because of his PR value, but if he doesn't score points for the team, how could they keep him for two more years?

Sean Malone
04-20-10, 09:13 AM
I liked Button's post race interview where he tried to convince everyone it was more than luck that led to his win. Yeah, it's called rain. :gomer: He better pray for a wet summer because barring a European monsoon season Alonso, Vettel, and Hamilton are going to bury him.

Also, Schumacher reminds me of Bourdais. Both had consistent success in racing formulas similar to the current F1 format and were team players that could develop a fast car. However, neither of them are flexible in their driving styles and will always try to change the car to suit them instead of changing themselves to suit the car.

For example, Bourdais wasted a year waiting for the Toro Rosso chassis to move to his driving style instead of learning how to drive the car quickly. When Vettel demonstrated his ability to adapt to the car, Bourdais' complaints fell on deaf ears.

To avoid Bourdais' fate Schumacher may have thought his three year contract would give him enough time to bend the team & car toward him. However, I don't think Mercedes is going to agree that the car is the problem while Rosberg is running at the front with the current car.

Keeping MS for the rest of the year makes sense because of his PR value, but if he doesn't score points for the team, how could they keep him for two more years?

I give Button a bit more credit. First year in a new car up against arguably the fastest shoe on the grid and he pulls off 2 wins. 2 wins no one was predicting prior to the start of the season. Luck? His luck is that the race wasn't 10 laps longer. A lucky win is like Sparkle Pony's. :) Even if he doesn't pull off another one this year, he can hold his head up.

Speaking of Shumey...how many years did he have traction control vs no TC?

Elmo T
04-20-10, 09:42 AM

Same thing as keeping Milka around?

Indy
04-20-10, 11:35 AM
He'll be there because he is worth it to Mercedes.

Remember, Deutschland Uber Alles! :laugh:

TrueBrit
04-20-10, 12:29 PM
Vettel needs to do more winning and less whining...

oddlycalm
04-20-10, 04:42 PM
Well you can hardly blame Vettel's position in the standings on his driving skills.
No, and you can't say that about Hamilton either, and yet I think there is something beyond just blind luck involved. Decisions are made and consequences result.

Regardless, both of them are great fun to watch. Hamilton's has 32 overtakes this season and it's just the fourth race. :cool:

oc

RichK
04-22-10, 12:07 PM
Speaking of Shumey...how many years did he have traction control vs no TC?

I was thinking along the same lines during the race. MS was really spinning it up out of the turns during that battle with........Sutil in the Force India car <snicker>.