PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Long Beach Finish.

NismoZ
04-18-10, 10:55 AM
If there is a lack of numbers at the top, there certainly was no lack of drama at the finish. Pagenaud nips Fernandez near the end of the final lap to retake the lead and the win. The overhead shots were great.

Trevor Longman
04-18-10, 11:47 AM
Yeah I watched it. Aside from the awful TV coverage by speed, it was a great race. I thought for sure Fernandez would get him back at the end of the backstraight but I guess his tires were shot. Great move by Pat Long to pass the #92 BMW with Fernandez right there. :thumbup: to ALMS for another great finish!

patski
04-18-10, 12:03 PM
If there is a lack of numbers at the top, there certainly was no lack of drama at the finish. Pagenaud nips Fernandez near the end of the final lap to retake the lead and the win. The overhead shots were great.

Too bad there was NObody there to view it, as proved by the same overhead shots.

cameraman
04-18-10, 07:33 PM
I'm not a fan of street races in the ALMS. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't fantastic either. A combined:saywhat: LMP1/LMP2 field with seven entries:shakehead

NismoZ
04-18-10, 08:02 PM
THAT'S the main problem.:(

Fio1
04-19-10, 03:31 PM
Too bad there was NObody there to view it, as proved by the same overhead shots.

There was quite a few people in the stands we were at. What do you expect when the race starts at 4:40 in the afternoon, at least an hour after the end of Champ car qualifying and 6 hours after the start of the pro-celebrity race? The organizers made sure the fans didn't get to see the ALMS cars because every one who is anybody knows those cars are waaaaaaaaaay cooler then the IRL shite boxes.

The LM battle was great, the GT battle was epic and the Porsche Cup battle was also great. The LMPC cars are way cool btw, best concept in racing!

extramundane
04-19-10, 03:44 PM
The LMPC cars are way cool btw, best concept in racing!

The fact that they've got less top-end speed than either of the GT classes doesn't exactly strike me as a positive.

Steve99
04-19-10, 04:00 PM
There was quite a few people in the stands we were at. What do you expect when the race starts at 4:40 in the afternoon, at least an hour after the end of Champ car qualifying and 6 hours after the start of the pro-celebrity race? The organizers made sure the fans didn't get to see the ALMS cars because every one who is anybody knows those cars are waaaaaaaaaay cooler then the IRL shite boxes.
An hour, give or take 2 years?

cameraman
04-19-10, 05:22 PM
The LMPC cars are way cool btw, best concept in racing!

Watching them gum up the GT2 field isn't cool. They are too close in performance and when an LMPC gets between two GT2s the GT2 race gets killed. They don't run clear of the GT2s like the LMPx cars do. There were many laps where first & second in GT2 were split by a midpack LMPC, and it did not make the GT2 race better.

Fio1
04-20-10, 01:16 AM
Watching them gum up the GT2 field isn't cool. They are too close in performance and when an LMPC gets between two GT2s the GT2 race gets killed. They don't run clear of the GT2s like the LMPx cars do. There were many laps where first & second in GT2 were split by a midpack LMPC, and it did not make the GT2 race better.

That is why LMPC guys are asking ALMS to change their restrictor size. It sucks for them as well, when they are trying to pass a GT2 car and having to really battle with them.

Steve99: LOL That was funny. What an insult to Champcars my post was....sorry.

Trevor Longman
04-24-10, 11:27 AM
Speedtv.com put up a 7 minute on board video of the Aston Lola in practice. The best part is it's just the sounds of the car and it's not spoiled by some announcers trying to speak over themselves. Enjoy!

http://americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|14703

Ozarkian
04-24-10, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Trevor Longman
Speedtv.com put up a 7 minute on board video of the Aston Lola in practice. The best part is it's just the sounds of the car and it's not spoiled by some announcers trying to speak over themselves. Enjoy!

Enjoy indeed - nice find, and thank you, sir! :thumbup: