View Full Version : WTF???? Buemi

Rogue Leader
04-16-10, 07:50 AM
Buemi Practice crash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t94NJXCL2SI

WTF Happened????

Methanolandbrats
04-16-10, 08:14 AM
Front suspension uprights failed under braking, they may have made them a wee bit too light :D

Winston Wolfe
04-16-10, 10:46 AM
Unreal :eek:
Instinct makes him try and turn the steering wheel, despite having nothing to steer. Could have been a lot worse.... obviously.

opinionated ow
04-16-10, 11:04 AM
Front suspension uprights failed under braking, they made have made them a wee bit too light :D

And wheel tethers were connected to said uprights. Apparently the right went first and the left couldn't handle the strain

Fio1
04-16-10, 12:52 PM
He pushed the front wheel eject button by mistake. I've never seen anything like it before. That was insane! :saywhat::shakehead

Michaelhatesfans
04-16-10, 01:21 PM
Carbon fiber bends almost as well as glass.

NismoZ
04-16-10, 01:45 PM
Same guy designed that little WWII rocket fighter plane, I guess. It had to skid to a stop by belly landing after ejecting it's "takeoff" gear when getting airborne.

oddlycalm
04-16-10, 02:39 PM
He pushed the front wheel eject button by mistake.
The team told him time and time again DON'T push the green button whatever you do, so of course he has to get all curious and push the green button...:gomer:

oc

RichK
04-16-10, 04:21 PM
That's a quicker transition from F1 to two-wheel racing than Schumacher, and he got about as far...:)

TrueBrit
04-16-10, 04:27 PM
That's a quicker transition from F1 to two-wheel racing than Schumacher, and he got about as far...:)

:rofl::D:rofl:

Trevor Longman
04-16-10, 05:05 PM
A friend told me about this at school and I rushed home to see it. Funniest F1 crash ever! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

chop456
04-16-10, 09:46 PM
The team told him time and time again DON'T push the green button whatever you do, so of course he has to get all curious and push the green button...:gomer:

oc

http://celldweller.com/uploaded_images/05-01-09Stimpy-777068.jpg

BarillaGirl
04-17-10, 10:32 AM
Hmm, I wonder what the YELLOW button does?

:confused::confused::confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fooox6hbjzM&feature=related

pchall
04-17-10, 02:00 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

I had a plastic car when I was a kid that exploded on contact with a table leg or a baseboard sending all four wheels and some body parts everywhere. It was called the Crash-O-Matic. I wonder if Torro Rosso subcontracted its CF suspension parts to the company that made my toy?

coolhand
04-17-10, 02:33 PM
:rofl::rofl:

I laughed immediately. That was cartoonish. Thanks

Rogue Leader
04-18-10, 01:48 AM
COTD on Jalopnik regarding the post accident interview with Buemi:

"I am extremely disappointed that, once again, through no fault of my own, I have been unable to run for almost all of the three hours available,"

Let's see, I'm going to run that through the ol' Race Driver Candid Comment Converter (pat. pending):

"It would be great if the team could build a ****ing car that didn't turn to **** during the simple act of driving it. Is that asking to much? IS IT?"

You'll have to have to excuse the Converter, as its not quite got the profanity filter calibrated yet. I was expecting much more cursing.

Michaelhatesfans
04-22-10, 02:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, I laughed as much as anyone - but then I thought of how un-funny that is if it's the opening lap at Spa going into Eau Rouge with a full field of cars around him...:\

oddlycalm
04-22-10, 07:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, I laughed as much as anyone - but then I thought of how un-funny that is if it's the opening lap at Spa going into Eau Rouge with a full field of cars around him...:\

Hopefully after trying the new light weight parts in practice they decided to switch back to the previous rev parts. "...looks like we might have made those uprights just a wee bit too light Luigi." :gomer:

oc