PDA

View Full Version : Ohio is for hicks

Napoleon
01-12-03, 11:58 AM
No wonder there was one column in the Cleveland Plain Dealer recently and a high profile radio talkhost have suggested that Northern Ohio should succeed from the rest of Ohio (hey Canada, would we be welcome?)

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/sandy_theis/index.ssf?/base/opinion/1042382358299730.xml

mapguy
01-12-03, 12:20 PM
I'm sure you won't mind a 100% increase in your taxes....

chop456
01-12-03, 12:25 PM
As someone whose family came from Gallia county and across the river in VW, I can testify that some parts down there are purt-near scary.

I figger' that makes me a 1st generation citified hillbilly. :gomer:

Napoleon
01-12-03, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by chop456
As someone whose family came from Gallia county and across the river in VW,

That explains much about you

Originally posted by chop456
I can testify that some parts down there are purt-near scary.

I don't think much of the country realizes that in a sense the US's south starts just south of Columbus (Cincy is a southern city in many ways).

Eagle104
01-12-03, 12:51 PM
Hicks or not...youse have turned out some fine astronauts!

BigIrlFan
01-12-03, 01:04 PM
OHios got sum purty neat places to Goes. LAst years WE WEnt to that DaNgd ZIgzag racEtrack cauSe BUck wons a Still off EBays. THEn we went to the rEAl race in KENtucky! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I TEll YOu, iF yOU wanNa sEE some hiCks, thERe is thIS littlE toWN NOrth of TERreHuate CALLed CLInton, anD iTS fULL oF thEM guYS liEKs thE SaPRAnos. BUnch of SKEttiheads WHo wannA raCE VEspa scooters around thE CHurch parking lot!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MAYbe thATs wHAt CARt nEEds tO Get baCK inTO the FIght wiTH thE IRl, ALL hoBOs ruNNin EEQKwEL SCootERs!

KEEp pRayin For WaTER TO ruNN uPHILls yoU CART sTreeT raCE LOOsers

BiF#

Eagle104
01-12-03, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BigIrlFan
I TEll YOu, iF yOU wanNa sEE some hiCks, thERe is thIS littlE toWN NOrth of TERreHuate CALLed CLInton, anD iTS fULL oF thEM guYS liEKs thE SaPRAnos. BUnch of SKEttiheads WHo wannA raCE VEspa scooters around thE CHurch parking lot!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MAYbe thATs wHAt CARt nEEds tO Get baCK inTO the FIght wiTH thE IRl, ALL hoBOs ruNNin EEQKwEL SCootERs!

KEEp pRayin For WaTER TO ruNN uPHILls yoU CART sTreeT raCE LOOsers

BiF#

Hey BIf#!, you little *****...that's where I was born! All it takes is one phone call and all of a sudden you won't be a 'problem' any longer!

And while they're at it, they'll deal with your little fag cousin, JimBob, too.

Prepare to have your grapes stomped, boys........
:laugh:

mello
01-12-03, 02:12 PM
OK brings a story to mind about South of Columbus really happened last year. We took the Miata down for a drive in the hills and we stopped to pick up a couple road beers. Well in some town in the middle of nowhere there was this driveup??? If you could call it that. We saw a car come into the drive up and 2 teenage boys were pushing the car for his parents. They got beer and cigs and when they were done the boys pushed them off down the road. We asked the man waiting on us if they lived local. He said yah the boys push them in here all the time. I couldn't believe it. We sure had a great laugh about that. Still do.

RaceGrrl
01-12-03, 03:54 PM
Mello, was that down towards Chillicothe or Waverly? Might have been some of my relatives. BTW, my brother lives in Knockemstiff, Ohio. :P

Napoleon
01-12-03, 04:53 PM
Hey BiF#

If you run as a Republican in this state I bet you could win a seat in the House, or maybe even a statewide office.

nrc
01-12-03, 07:29 PM
That's what I like about Columbus. We get a good mix of blue collar trash from the north, hillbilly trash from the south and southeast and old money southern trash from the southwest.

mello
01-12-03, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Mello, was that down towards Chillicothe or Waverly? Might have been some of my relatives. BTW, my brother lives in Knockemstiff, Ohio. :P
YES!! It was down in that area. We like to drive down there alot and I have to tell yah. DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR..lol

lisa
01-12-03, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by mello
OK brings a story to mind about South of Columbus really happened last year. We took the Miata down for a drive in the hills and we stopped to pick up a couple road beers. Well in some town in the middle of nowhere there was this driveup??? If you could call it that. We saw a car come into the drive up and 2 teenage boys were pushing the car for his parents. They got beer and cigs and when they were done the boys pushed them off down the road. We asked the man waiting on us if they lived local. He said yah the boys push them in here all the time. I couldn't believe it. We sure had a great laugh about that. Still do.

Mello, I wish you had a video of that, I would love to have seen it.

RaceGrrl
01-12-03, 08:49 PM
Actually, Mel, the people in Ross County are purty civilized compared to the hicks livin' in Vinton County... Vinton County is where Animal Control shoots the unclaimed dogs instead of properly euthanizing them.

I am sooooo glad I don't live down there anymore.

Ed_Severson
01-12-03, 11:11 PM
Wow! I never knew there were so many hillbillies here. :gomer:

I'm a native of Flatwoods, KY, not-so-proud home of Billy Ray Cyrus and, well, not much else.

What's that smell ... Chillicothe!

RaceGrrl
01-12-03, 11:30 PM
Yep, Ed, that smell would be Chillicothe. On damp mornings there it was torture to get in your car... the smell lingered, and you just had to wait till the fog burned off to run the outside air defrost.

Still, the papermill employed my father for 38 years, and my brother works there now, so to us, that was the smell of a paycheck. :D

Napoleon
01-13-03, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
so to us, that was the smell of a paycheck. :D

Thats what we use to say about the smell of the mills in Youngstown when I was growing up.

DjDrOmusic
01-15-03, 02:28 AM
Ok my story isn't as romantic as a Southern Ohio adventure, but it did happen in Ohio...in the alley behind my house...on the Hilltop in Columbus. First, let me qualify this by saying we hadn't been in CBus very long and didn't know a thing about the Hilltop, only what our realtor had told us, boy were we surprised. Our first day at our home we suddenly heard gunshots behind our house, I called the police, and when they arrived they asked me to show them the direction that the shots came from. As I started to point in the general area another shot rang out. The police ran and held my neighbor at gunpoint, as he looked shocked at them. As they were putting him in the squad car they asked him why he was shooting and he told them in all seriousness that he saw some nice looking rabbits that he thought would be good for dinner! It's kind of gone downhill from there and needless to say...we're moving!!:eek:

mello
01-15-03, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic
Ok my story isn't as romantic as a Southern Ohio adventure, but it did happen in Ohio...in the alley behind my house...on the Hilltop in Columbus. First, let me qualify this by saying we hadn't been in CBus very long and didn't know a thing about the Hilltop, only what our realtor had told us, boy were we surprised. Our first day at our home we suddenly heard gunshots behind our house, I called the police, and when they arrived they asked me to show them the direction that the shots came from. As I started to point in the general area another shot rang out. The police ran and held my neighbor at gunpoint, as he looked shocked at them. As they were putting him in the squad car they asked him why he was shooting and he told them in all seriousness that he saw some nice looking rabbits that he thought would be good for dinner! It's kind of gone downhill from there and needless to say...we're moving!!:eek:
I always wondered who the jerk was that called the cops on my hubby;) Actually though we live very close to you. Just south of Broad and West of Wilson. I think the name of the street is Mexican Ave. lol