PDA

View Full Version : Special Ed finds lost change in stepdad's couch!

pchall
04-08-10, 07:29 PM
link (http://www.racer.com/ed-carpenter-joins-panther-racing-for-indy/article/167598/)

Ed Carpenter joins Panther Racing for Indy
April 08, 2010

Ed Carpenter found himself on the IndyCar sidelines after Vision Racing opted to suspend operations due to a lack of sponsorship, but the team announced Thursday that it would return to action for the Indianapolis 500 in association with Panther Racing. Carpenter will drive a No. 20 Dallara-Honda alongside the team's regular driver, Dan Wheldon...

"We looked at a lot of opportunities for the month of May, and as strong as Vision Racing has run the last few years, we felt like partnering with them made a lot of sense for us," said John Barnes, CEO and co-owner of Panther Racing. "I feel that Ed (Carpenter) is a threat to win at any race he runs, and he's proven that to this league in the last two or three years. His addition to the National Guard team along with Dan Wheldon is going to make our entire team stronger. I honestly hope this isn't a one-and-done deal, and we very much look forward to the opportunity of expanding this and running more IZOD IndyCar Series races together this season."

Carpenter, 29, is coming off a 2009 season in which he earned his career best finish of second, matched his career best start of fourth, led 35 laps and drove to six top-10 finishes.

The Futility Watch wouldn't be the same without him. And only John Barnes could figure out how to partner with a defunct racing team. :rofl:

Elmo T
04-08-10, 07:57 PM
:rolleyes:

PT twittered this gem this evening

I think I'm going to change my name to John , I feel like a John

Cuz everytime I talk to a irl team owner , they ask me for $$ like a hooker