PDA

View Full Version : The Earl info ministry and Dare's crash

DjDrOmusic
06-07-03, 09:34 AM
I just read that Dare's FIRST surgery to repair his broken arm and leg went well and that he is being flown to Indy to have surgery to repair his hand and foot. In the article it said that Dare was at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, being a history buff, I can't help but think how ironic that he was taken to the same hospital as President Kennedy when he was assasinated. I also can't help but wonder aloud if the EARL ministry of information will try to spin his injuries into a "not very serious" situation, afterall he didn't break his back...that we know of....yet!

RTKar
06-07-03, 09:55 AM
At this rate, the irl is going to become the Special Olympics Racing League.:shakehead It's a shame when there's an apparent flaw, and it's not corrected. The wonderful people in the real Special Olympics can't help it, while the irl can and just doesn't.

DaveL
06-07-03, 10:02 AM
Does anyone else remember the nacient IRL propaganda about how they were going to make racing safer by slowing the cars down?

pchall
06-07-03, 10:07 AM
http://www.autoracing1.com/Images/2003/IRL/Texas/DareCrash2_Ferrey.jpg

I'm worried about tonight.

Cam
06-07-03, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by pchall

I'm worried about tonight.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

JoeBob
06-07-03, 11:15 AM
Here's some details on his crash and his injuries, from one of his good friends:
http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28358

WickerBill
06-07-03, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
Does anyone else remember the nacient IRL propaganda about how they were going to make racing safer by slowing the cars down?

Yes, but that kinda went out the window in 1996 with the urgency to create a new track record with an IRL driver that drove them to 1. resurface the track and 2. give (reportedly) up to 4 extra inches of boost to the Cosworths and up to 6 extra to the Menards. Of course, my friend Scott Brayton was going 239 with that extra grip and boost...

pchall
06-07-03, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill
Of course, my friend Scott Brayton was going 239 with that extra grip and boost...

That was a long, ****ty Friday afternoon waiting for some real news from WIBC. The longer it took to get a substantial report the clearer it was. :(

Cam
06-07-03, 03:24 PM
That was a long, ****ty Friday afternoon waiting for some real news from WIBC. The longer it took to get a substantial report the clearer it was. :(

Remember the "Headlights on for Scott" appeal that 'IBC did after the announcement? I had mine on. And I sure as hell saw a bunch of others that did the same. Scott was a real racer taken in a very un-timely manner.:(

chop456
06-07-03, 09:05 PM
Damn. That sled is tore up pretty bad.

Best wishes to Airton, and to everyone else tonight. Especially to those who'd rather be somewhere else.

rabbit
06-07-03, 11:20 PM
I'm worried about tonight. That picture looks eriely like the pictures of an accident involving another driver named Ayrton.:eek: :(