PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter! What's for dinner?

pchall
04-04-10, 11:40 AM
I've got a small lamb roast sitting on the counter with freshly ground coarse black pepper, rosemary, and a bit off basil coating it with the olive oil. Sides will be sautéed asparagus and a baked russet. Merlot before, during, and after dinner. Then cheese pie for dessert followed by espresso.

Also gearing up for a short visit by my now 11 year old son at the end of the week. James just passed his test for his Yellow Belt:

cameraman
04-04-10, 12:08 PM
Frozen eggs. It snowed on top of the Easter bunny's handiwork:irked:

datachicane
04-04-10, 12:12 PM
Huge stockpot of dungeness bisque, bucket of steamers, home-smoked ham, asparagus, spinach + basil salad, homemade sourdough, homemade nanaimo bars + Wandering Goat El Chupacabra espresso for desert.

Elmo T
04-04-10, 12:19 PM
Grammie's making ham. :saywhat: I tried to offer my recipe, but she said I could host dinner if I wanted to comment.

So... I am making rice pudding for dessert. :thumbup:

G.
04-04-10, 01:28 PM
home-smoked ham,

:confused:

me,
Nothing fancy, rib-roast, asparagus, taters.

SteveH
04-04-10, 01:53 PM
lots of asparagus - I grilled some last night w/ chicken breasts

Ham and scalloped taters later today.

datachicane
04-04-10, 02:32 PM
:confused:

Yep, buy it raw and smoke it, or rather my brother does.

TKGAngel
04-04-10, 02:44 PM
We do Easter breakfast, so we had kuchen, fresh and smoked Polish sausage, ham, breakfast casserole, bacon, blueberry pancakes and fresh fruit (and a butter lamb (http://buffalofood.blogspot.com/2009/04/march-of-butter-lambs-at-broadway.html) on the table).

Many pigs gave their life so we could have breakfast. :thumbup:

extramundane
04-04-10, 06:31 PM
Charcoal-grilled skewers of shrimp, shrooms, pepper & onions in a white wine/olive oil/garlic/parsley marinade, plus grilled balsamic & oil asparagus and cheese grits.

We've both got tomorrow off, so ham, potatoes and deviled eggs then. Today was just too nice not to grill.

Sean Malone
04-05-10, 10:18 AM
had a house full of in-laws this weekend and didn't feel like being tied to the kitchen all day yesterday...so I was Saturday. :)

We did an 'Easter Picnic'. Cold fried chicken, home made potato salad, green salad, grape salad, Ina Gartens roasted shrimp salad (made with fresh dill, orange zest, orange juice...it was fantastic!), cottage cheese with Janes Mixed Up Crazy Salt and carrot cake cupcakes with butter cream/ sour cream blended frosting.

Spent the day at the zoo...got home and just pulled everything out of the fridge. Worked out great!

Methanolandbrats
04-05-10, 11:13 AM
Tenderloin :gomer: