PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Gone Mad?

NismoZ
04-01-10, 10:11 AM
I don't think so. My guess is they were running AWAY from something, not "attacking" a US warship. I think they got their clean sheets and hot meals already and are asking questions about Kobe Bryant and free health care right now. Seriously, they didn't check out their pirate's copy of "Janes, All The World's Fighting Ships" before they shoved off?

Gnam
04-01-10, 11:28 AM
April fools! ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8599520.stm

SteveH
04-01-10, 11:48 AM
April fools! ;)

Doesn't sound like it to me.

(CNN) -- Captured pirate proclaims sovereign rule over Indian Ocean. The captured leader of the pirates was heard to proclaim it was their birthright to control the Indian Ocean as it had many years previously. Pirate leader, Anton George while being led away in shackles was overheard to say the Indian Ocean should be returned to its roots and ruled by the pirates as it was several decades ago. Pirate rule had been eliminated on these waters with the advancement of seafaring technology, technology that the pirates never had access to. Frothing at the mouth George is considered to be seriously deranged to believe that pirates could defeat a modern warfaring vessel.

Gnam
04-01-10, 11:59 AM
:laugh:

Don Quixote
04-01-10, 12:35 PM
Reportedly, the pirate skiff was of the front-engined variety.

Michaelhatesfans
04-01-10, 12:44 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about Dock Ellis.

WickerBill
04-01-10, 01:45 PM
I don't think so. My guess is they were running AWAY from something

The KRAKEN

http://72.img.v4.skyrock.net/725/le-film-culte/pics/700775373_small.jpg

Elmo T
04-01-10, 02:39 PM
The KRAKEN

:thumbup:

Those pirates should heed the advice of one of their own:

"I submit that here now that is what we all must do: We must fight… to run away."

G.
04-01-10, 03:32 PM
(CNN) -- Captured pirate proclaims sovereign rule over Indian Ocean. The captured leader of the pirates was heard to proclaim it was their birthright to control the Indian Ocean as it had many years previously. Pirate leader, Anton George while being led away in shackles was overheard to say the Indian Ocean should be returned to its roots and ruled by the pirates as it was several decades ago. Pirate rule had been eliminated on these waters with the advancement of seafaring technology, technology that the pirates never had access to. Frothing at the mouth George is considered to be seriously deranged to believe that pirates could defeat a modern warfaring vessel.
Guy's an idiot ^^^^.

He's going to ruin pirating for everybody. :shakehead:shakehead

:tony:

emjaya
04-01-10, 07:04 PM
Two boat loads of pirates went to attack a Dutch warship last week, thinking it was a merchant ship. I don't think it went well for them, either.