PDA

View Full Version : Planning To Plan

Corner5
03-29-10, 03:07 PM
M Pruett's article from SPEED-

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/pruett-triple-stint-327/

IMS has already made the decision, dallara's in 2012.

Randy gets blindsided by Deferran pick for his"ICONIC" panal.

and this eager beaver spew-

"General Looney will be busy and we'll see who all fits in once we have a 2012 plan in place. Until then, my foremost goal is to sell the very most tickets to the Indianapolis 500 and the other events on our calendar. I'm focused on getting bigger crowds and television audiences. We can take things slow -- one at a time -- or work on multiple problems at once. I want to multi-task. As for ICONIC, I hope that it's a very big honor to be on this and I hope that in 20 years that people can look back and say that those seven people shaped decisions for the League that are still beneficial a decade or two later."

Give him time, he's new, soon he'll wake up to reality. IMS runs the show and he gets the impossible task of trying to making it popular (or at least give the Irl some value to be sold.) Poor guy.

Sean Malone
03-29-10, 04:40 PM
At the very least it sounds like he understands the desperate situation. :\

oddlycalm
03-29-10, 06:42 PM
How does an organization make an announcement "against the wishes" of it's CEO? That's either a firing offense or Rodeo Randy just made himself a steer.

The most positive message he could send to everyone outside of IMS is to fire whichever one of Tony's Toadies made a press release "against the wishes" of.

oc

Corner5
03-30-10, 09:07 AM
How does an organization make an announcement "against the wishes" of it's CEO? That's either a firing offense or Rodeo Randy just made himself a steer.

The most positive message he could send to everyone outside of IMS is to fire whichever one of Tony's Toadies made a press release "against the wishes" of.

oc

But Randy is not in charge. This panel is useless, they already made up their minds not to have a new car.

I wonder how much Looney is getting paid? Here's his speaking fees-

Category
Leadership Speakers, Military

Fee Range
$20,001 - $30,000
( About Fees )

Travels From
Texas - TXSan Antonio - TX

http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/sportspeakers/printerbio.php?speaker_id=10224

oddlycalm
03-30-10, 05:16 PM
But Randy is not in charge. This panel is useless, they already made up their minds not to have a new car.

No reason to doubt you are right until we see otherwise.

oc