PDA

View Full Version : Coming To A City Near You...

NismoZ
03-29-10, 01:22 PM
Moscow mass homicide bombings. Count on it.

Indy
03-29-10, 08:21 PM
Why would you say that?

STD
03-29-10, 10:58 PM
Though Russia gets hit far more often by these attacks from rebels they are fighting in Chennai, ask Oklahoma City about our own homegrown variety.

Michaelhatesfans
03-30-10, 12:12 AM
...ask Oklahoma City about our own homegrown variety.

Indeed, we're not short of fundamentalist douchebags of our own. One of those days when athiests can hold their heads high, I guess.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8593975.stm

NismoZ
03-30-10, 08:54 AM
Because, Indy, I feel it is inevitable and as noted it has happened before. I'm not limiting this to the "homegrown" variety, either. The war on terror that became an overseas contingency operation is still certainly a war on terror. Gonna be a long one.

nrc
03-30-10, 09:09 AM
The Columbus mall bombing plot, the Buffalo terrorist cell, others I'm sure. It's bound to happen eventually.

Elmo T
03-30-10, 09:18 AM
There are so many other long forgotten incidents or lesser know incidents - not attempts - real incidents

Bio-Weapons in US?

We all know about anthrax incident and maybe the lesser know ricin jobs.

But what about this:

1984 Rajneeshee bioterror attack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack)

Explosives incidents in Atlanta (Olympics)

Firebombings by ELF and ALF

The list goes on and on. It is nothing new, just more publicized.

datachicane
03-30-10, 10:21 AM
...and it's not exactly limited to the late 20th-early 21st century, either.
What is new is a highly refined and effective marketing industry.

Andrew Longman
03-30-10, 10:33 AM
...and it's not exactly limited to the late 20th-early 21st century, either.

John Brown?

Or these yahoos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRaOi3uWRYA

nrc
03-30-10, 03:36 PM
Sorry, "political figure has terrorist associations" can only lead to politcal debate and eventual thread closure.

SurfaceUnits
03-30-10, 05:43 PM
as Senator Charles F. Meachum and Joe Kennedy said, "It's not about republicans or democrats, it's about the Haves and the Have nots."

oddlycalm
03-30-10, 06:26 PM
There are so many other long forgotten incidents or lesser know incidents - not attempts - real incidents

Bio-Weapons in US?

We all know about anthrax incident and maybe the lesser know ricin jobs.

But what about this:

1984 Rajneeshee bioterror attack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack)

Not long ago I was telling someone new to the area about the attempted county coup by the Rajneesh. She looked at me like I was a paranoid loon of the first order. :) If there weren't others there to confirm the details she never would have believed it happened less than 100 miles from where we were sitting.

oc

Ankf00
03-30-10, 07:24 PM
wow, reading that was a trip.

beware the dot not feathers. they're sneaky... :tony:

Methanolandbrats
03-30-10, 08:08 PM
Yet another reason to avoid all buffets :)

oddlycalm
03-30-10, 09:26 PM
Looks to me like the family trees have a single branch not far off the ground on the latest militia brain trust. Quite a mullet on contestant #8. Princess shagnasty has an expression that would make a rock sweat. :eek: :gomer:

http://trueslant.com/harmonleon/files/2010/03/52990383.jpg

Sean Malone
03-30-10, 10:43 PM
Looks to me like the family trees have a single branch not far off the ground on the latest militia brain trust. Quite a mullet on contestant #8. Princess shagnasty has an expression that would make a rock sweat. :eek: :gomer:

Something tells me they all worked at JIfFy lUbE.

BigIrlFan
03-30-10, 11:09 PM
THAt aint funny NAncy boy

nrc
03-31-10, 12:10 AM

Gordan Freeman is really showing his age.

Michaelhatesfans
03-31-10, 12:18 AM
Not long ago I was telling someone new to the area about the attempted county coup by the Rajneesh. She looked at me like I was a paranoid loon of the first order. :)

:laugh:

Yeah, they think it's all books and lattes over here, but we've certainly had enough cults, parachuting skyjackers, and club weilding olympic skaters to keep it interesting.

datachicane
03-31-10, 02:43 AM
:laugh:

Yeah, they think it's all books and lattes over here, but we've certainly had enough cults, parachuting skyjackers, and club weilding olympic skaters to keep it interesting.

As if dynamited whales, the world's largest earthworm, a Klan governor, two of the two U.S. cities containing extinct volcanoes, getting shelled by the Japanese during WWII, Whorehouse Meadow, and the Oregon Country Fair weren't enough. :gomer:

Michaelhatesfans
03-31-10, 03:02 AM
As if dynamited whales, the world's largest earthworm, a Klan governor, two of the two U.S. cities containing extinct volcanoes, getting shelled by the Japanese during WWII, Whorehouse Meadow, and the Oregon Country Fair weren't enough. :gomer:

The whale...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sean Malone
03-31-10, 10:09 AM
Gordan Freeman is really showing his age.

LOL

G.
03-31-10, 11:45 AM
Extremists are funny and deserve ridicule, but what did these guys really do?

the Feds don't have a very good track record with handling what I consider to be "nutcases". That bugs me.

nrc
03-31-10, 12:31 PM
Extremists are funny and deserve ridicule, but what did these guys really do?

the Feds don't have a very good track record with handling what I consider to be "nutcases". That bugs me.

Somewhere between talk (which should obviously be protected free speech) and action (which should obviously put you in jail or in a box) there is a line that marks "seditious conspiracy". I just hope that the line is the same for everyone and that it's not moving around.

oddlycalm
03-31-10, 04:11 PM
Yeah, invasive power is always a concern but there has to be a line, we could use a way to monitor where the line is being drawn maybe.

How's Mr. Spider Toxin doing these days BTW? A little concrete vacation?

oc

G.
03-31-10, 04:53 PM
Yeah, invasive power is always a concern but there has to be a line, we could use a way to monitor where the line is being drawn maybe.

How's Mr. Spider Toxin doing these days BTW? A little concrete vacation?

oc

Pufferfish.

No bail, no trial. Last news was a NG plea to new charges, and a continuance because of new charges. That was in June, 2009.

This is one that bugs me. He HAD it (by all accounts), so there's that, but they are charging him with all sorts of "motive" stuff.

oddlycalm
03-31-10, 08:31 PM
Pufferfish.

Right, pufferfish. No idea why I thought spider. The long stall is inevitable with something like that. His lawyer wants to delay and try every conceivable motion and the prosecutor takes forever to nail down every detail. If it ever does go to trial he'll probably get time served which by then will be 3-4yrs.

oc

datachicane
03-31-10, 08:43 PM
Somewhere between talk (which should obviously be protected free speech) and action (which should obviously put you in jail or in a box) there is a line that marks "seditious conspiracy". I just hope that the line is the same for everyone and that it's not moving around.

Present company excepted, of course, but it strikes me as funny how some of the very same folks who vigorously defend tactics like racial and religious profiling, military tribunals, suspension of habeus corpus, and all other sorts of infringements on due process suddenly get all circumspect when the suspects look like them.

Well, maybe funny isn't the right word.

Indy
04-01-10, 01:00 AM
Amen to that, datachicane.