PDA

View Full Version : Costco.....

cameraman
03-28-10, 07:56 PM
Don't ya hate it when your eyes are bigger than your freezer:irked:

dando
03-28-10, 08:04 PM
Don't ya hate it when your eyes are bigger than your freezer:irked:

Then buy a bigger freezer....@Costco, of course....perhaps with a Fed rebate check to help. :gomer: ;) Been there, done that several times @ Sam's. :(

-Kevin

extramundane
03-28-10, 08:45 PM
I rarely have that problem there. Usually within 5-10 minutes of entering, I've been nearly trampled by 873 people rushing to get to the free sample of Steak-Umm or Cream of Botulism Soup, as if they'd been starving in the desert for weeks upon weeks. It's all I can muster to get the 3 or 4 things I can only get at Costco and get out before strangling someone.

grungex
03-28-10, 08:50 PM
Best time to go is around 4pm on a weekday, all the soccer mommies have gone home...

Michaelhatesfans
03-28-10, 09:49 PM
...I've been nearly trampled by 873 people rushing to get to the free sample...I can only get at Costco and get out before strangling someone.

Oh, don't get me ****ing started. Three shopping carts parked sideways blocking the aisle while they wait for the bagel dogs to come out of the toaster oven. "HEY!!! It's a bad bagel with a hot dog in the middle - GET OUT OF THE ****ING WAY!!!"

Methanolandbrats
03-28-10, 10:11 PM
Like iron filings to a magnet, white trash are attracted to those ChinaMart Crap stores. I'm amazed you guys had negative experiences there.

extramundane
03-28-10, 10:31 PM
Like iron filings to a magnet, white trash are attracted to those ChinaMart Crap stores. I'm amazed you guys had negative experiences there.

We're talking about Costco, not Sam's Club. ;)

Methanolandbrats
03-28-10, 10:40 PM
We're talking about Costco, not Sam's Club. ;)

That's a big step up, especially if you need a 55 gallon drum of ketchup :laugh:

cameraman
03-28-10, 11:04 PM
If you go at 5PM on a Sunday night in Utah, well Costco is pretty much empty.
No crowds and the sample folks pack up at 5 so no clogged aisles either.

Ankf00
03-28-10, 11:31 PM
Oh, don't get me ****ing started. Three shopping carts parked sideways blocking the aisle while they wait for the bagel dogs to come out of the toaster oven. "HEY!!! It's a bad bagel with a hot dog in the middle - GET OUT OF THE ****ING WAY!!!"

try shopping at the Palo Alto Wally World. 97% asian women shopping cart drivers, store 1/2 the size of normal. 100% trainwreck

Indy
03-29-10, 01:47 AM
Costco. For those who did indeed decide to go through life fat, drunk and stupid.

Gnam
03-29-10, 02:25 AM
Theoretically, you can buy a freezer at Costco for one dollar cheap. Just be sure to bring a few people to help you pick one out, answer any questions, lift it off the shelf onto a flatbed cart, push it through the store without tipping it over, load it into a pickup (you brought a pickup, right?), unload it from a pickup, and carry it into your house. :shakehead

One cool thing about Costco is their managers are trained on the mainland in the latest PRC customer service techniques. This woman was melting down on one of the doormen checking receipts and demanded to see the manager. He showed up and assured the woman that everything would be taken care of to her satisfaction. But first, he just needed to see her Costco membership card. As soon as she handed him the card, he pulled out pair of scissors, shredded it, and told her to get out and never come back. All this happened right at the front entrance, so everyone coming in or going out got a nice long look. Nothing says customer service like, "Anyone else got a problem?" :gomer::thumbup:

TKGAngel
03-29-10, 09:21 AM
I remember reading awhile back that it was a big deal for publishing companies to have their books chosen to be sold inside warehouse stores. I guess it all shakes out to the fact that research shows that the warehouse store going customer isn't your typical bookstore shopper and a whole new audience is opened up for the publishing companies.

Methanolandbrats
03-29-10, 09:35 AM
I remember reading awhile back that it was a big deal for publishing companies to have their books chosen to be sold inside warehouse stores. I guess it all shakes out to the fact that research shows that the warehouse store going customer isn't your typical bookstore shopper and a whole new audience is opened up for the publishing companies.

It's a whole new audience for sure, but how many of them can read? :gomer:

Indy
03-29-10, 09:42 AM
the warehouse store going customer isn't your typical bookstore shopper.

Understatement of the year.

datachicane
03-29-10, 05:08 PM
I understand they have a fine law school.

racermike
03-30-10, 07:16 PM
I only go in for a few things that are staples in my home.

By far the best deal there, is the gallon of Odwalla Orange Juice for $7 (half gallon sells in grocery stores around here for $10-12)

Ankf00
03-30-10, 07:21 PM
plus they've got good meat for when you're stocking up the freezer or hosting a cookout