PDA

View Full Version : One Thousand

WickerBill
03-21-10, 02:29 PM
1,000 members... congratulations nrc and RaceGrrl. :)

dando
03-21-10, 02:48 PM
1,000 members... congratulations nrc and RaceGrrl. :)

Just curious, what was 7G @ its peak?

And yes, congrats Richard and Missy...must be the bacon thread. ;) :D

-Kevin

devilmaster
03-21-10, 03:51 PM
Just curious, what was 7G @ its peak?

And yes, congrats Richard and Missy...must be the bacon thread. ;) :D

-Kevin

I wanna say 5 G's... based on my failing memory of my membership number... i sorta recall being 4994 or somethin...

edit: A quick look at the wayback machine from early 2003, says 5163

WickerBill
03-21-10, 04:00 PM
I don't remember. It was more than 3,000 at the end, but for a very long time, it was the only user-friendly CART forum on the net. And there were races gathering 2+ ratings on ABC and ESPN, a growing foreign fanbase, etc. However, posting about actual racing there was dropping precipitously by the time I left due to the "no enemies" policy put down by management.

It's nice to have a place that doesn't think page views are the most important thing. Congrats guys. :)

WickerBill
03-21-10, 04:01 PM
I wanna say 5 G's... based on my failing memory of my membership number... i sorta recall being 4994 or somethin...

edit: A quick look at the wayback machine from early 2003, says 5163

Don't believe that number. I have the database. Due to some truly horrible UBB software (and upgrades), there were miles of whitespace in the numbers.

devilmaster
03-21-10, 04:09 PM
well, I'll concede that repeated gomer attacks probably wiped alot of numbers off that total. I would assume that ubb probably didn't free up the number after someone was banned.

I find it funny looking back on that now... didn't you need the user number to search? Thats why I remember the membership number.... and iirc, I was 4999.

devilmaster
03-21-10, 04:12 PM
and on that note... the first wayback entry :)

http://web.archive.org/web/20030102064301/www.offcamber.net/forums/index.php

awww, can't look any deeper than that cause of richard's robots.txt file :laugh:

nrc
03-21-10, 06:33 PM
Thank you, thank you. It would be a fib to deny that there's plenty of room for cleanup in that number. But I'll take it since we've been hovering around that number for a while I'll take it. :)

nrc
03-21-10, 06:35 PM
and on that note... the first wayback entry :)

http://web.archive.org/web/20030102064301/www.offcamber.net/forums/index.php

awww, can't look any deeper than that cause of richard's robots.txt file :laugh:

Dood. That robots.txt file is the only thing that keeps us from being overrun by spiders. :eek:

TravelGal
03-22-10, 01:05 AM
How Hitchcockian. ;)

Ah, rats, ya got me. I joined in January of 2003 but after that exact date.

Congrats on your perseverance doods. That be Richard and the Divine Ms. M. This is still my net home.

nrc
03-22-10, 01:44 AM
How Hitchcockian. ;)

Ah, rats, ya got me. I joined in January of 2003 but after that exact date.

Congrats on your perseverance doods. That be Richard and the Divine Ms. M. This is still my net home.

Pleased and proud to hear that. :thumbup:

emjaya
03-22-10, 07:29 AM
Weird, but the members page says there is only 914 members. :confused:

nrc
03-22-10, 11:20 AM
Weird, but the members page says there is only 914 members. :confused:

The difference is banned users, users who have registered but haven't validated by email and... I'm not sure about the rest. :\

devilmaster
03-22-10, 02:15 PM
Dood. That robots.txt file is the only thing that keeps us from being overrun by spiders. :eek:

I know, I know.... just woulda like to seen the threads as they were that day.... ;)

But I'll take it since we've been hovering around that number for a while I'll take it.
So.....ummmm.....I guess...... you'll take it? ;)

nrc
03-22-10, 03:50 PM
So.....ummmm.....I guess...... you'll take it? ;)

Try to stick with me when I change sentence structure in mid-thought. :)

RaceGrrl
03-23-10, 10:52 AM
We're just happy so many of you still hang out with us. It's like a bunch of geezers sitting around the stove in the general store: spitting and whittling and talking about the good old days. :cool:

Opposite Lock
03-23-10, 10:56 AM
^Next round of Sarsaparilla is on me, dagnabit. :toast:

Sean Malone
03-23-10, 11:19 AM
We're just happy so many of you still hang out with us. It's like a bunch of geezers sitting around the stove in the general store: spitting and whittling and talking about the good old days. :cool:

A huge 'thank you' to you and nrc for keeping this place going! :thumbup:

dando
03-23-10, 11:24 AM
We're just happy so many of you still hang out with us. It's like a bunch of geezers sitting around the stove in the general store: spitting and whittling and talking about the good old days and bacon. :cool:

Fixed. :)

-Kevin

RaceGrrl
03-23-10, 12:45 PM
:laugh:

TKGAngel
03-23-10, 01:05 PM

Great image!

But thank you for keeping this place going. Where else can I learn about space, technology, beer, BBQ and the intricacies of college football trash talking?

Methanolandbrats
03-23-10, 01:29 PM
Except for this place, the innerweb pretty much sucks.

devilmaster
03-23-10, 01:59 PM
Try to stick with me when I change sentence structure in mid-thought. :)

I can keep up just fin..... hey a bird!

dando
03-23-10, 02:06 PM
I can keep up just fin..... hey a bird!

Squirrel! :)

-Kevin

grungex
03-23-10, 05:32 PM
Except for this place, the innerweb pretty much sucks.

:thumbup:

Indy
03-23-10, 10:56 PM
No ****, the people on this forum know more **** about more **** than any other place I have encountered.

You people are freaky smart. :laugh:

dando
03-24-10, 11:27 AM
No ****, the people on this forum know more **** about more **** than any other place I have encountered.

It's kinda like Cheers all over again. ;)

-Kevin

TrueBrit
03-24-10, 02:09 PM

Well that and threads about bacon...

RaceGrrl
03-24-10, 05:20 PM
I agree that we have some extremely smart people on this forum. Sometimes it's hard to follow the technical discussions, but it's fun watching you guys get all geeked over tech stuff. :)

Indy
03-24-10, 09:18 PM

Yeah, maybe, but that's important!

G.
03-24-10, 10:13 PM

Love,
G.

dando
03-24-10, 10:40 PM

Love,
G.

And then there is G. :gomer: :p ;)

-Kevin

G.
03-24-10, 11:02 PM
And then there is G. :gomer: :p ;)

-KevinExactly.

The Bosses deserve praise and congratulations, but always temper that with the fact that they still let me post here. Thimk bout THAt.

chop456
03-25-10, 01:32 AM
A thousand LoOSErS is more like it! :gomer:

devilmaster
03-25-10, 12:04 PM
The Bosses deserve praise and congratulations, but always temper that with the fact that they still let me post here. Thimk bout THAt.

Meh. They asked me what you were like when we met at KartExpo. Yer harmless. :p

G.
03-31-10, 01:36 PM
Meh. They asked me what you were like when we met at KartExpo. Yer harmless. :p

Well, I had my kid with me!

You should see me with no g.'s! Once that sarsaparilla gets a flowin', look out!

:gomer:

oddlycalm
03-31-10, 09:08 PM
Yes, thanks to Richard and Missy for doing all the pedaling and providing us a place to be. :thumbup: It is indeed a lot like the wood stove in a general store.

oc

Michaelhatesfans
03-31-10, 09:39 PM

"Hey, did I ever tell you guys about the time that Zanardi did his donuts right in front of us?"

"Oh, Jesus, only about a thousand ****ing times..."

Methanolandbrats
03-31-10, 10:27 PM
This is the only board I've ever found that wasn't 90 % stupid ********. You can log on here and actually LEARN about any subject. It's a miracle and a ******** free zone :):thumbup:

G.
03-31-10, 10:56 PM
This is the only board I've ever found that wasn't 90 % stupid ********. You can log on here and actually LEARN about any subject. It's a miracle and a ******** free zone :):thumbup:
Very true.

:thumbup:

nrc
03-31-10, 11:14 PM
Sad to say, but the Internet is full of stupid. We're not hip enough to attract the stupids. We won't be doing an iPad app to correct that problem. :gomer:

BarillaGirl
04-02-10, 01:49 PM

Gearheads don't know it's not bacon. :gomer:

ChampcarShark
04-14-10, 06:47 PM
Great image!

But thank you for keeping this place going. Where else can I learn about space, technology, beer, BBQ and the intricacies of college football trash talking?

Don't forget the bacon.

BOT, Thank you guys for keeping the place alive.

To be honest I just thought OC was going to disappear with Champcar.