PDA

View Full Version : Tempers are flaring

High Sided
03-18-10, 09:35 PM
Fox's depute statement as Brads car flips over advertising the Bristol race. Hell you can buy the image printed on your Texas ticket. :confused:

Methanolandbrats
03-18-10, 09:51 PM
Fox's depute statement as Brads car flips over advertising the Bristol race. Hell you can buy the image printed on your Texas ticket. :confused:

Can you translate that to sober and post it. :p

High Sided
03-18-10, 10:27 PM
I'll try...

there is a Fox commercial for the upcoming Bristol race with the statement "tempers are flaring" as you see brads #12 pile driving "upside down" into the safer barrier. "the exact same image is printed on your Texas ticket."

Methanolandbrats
03-18-10, 10:53 PM
I'll try...

there is a Fox commercial for the upcoming Bristol race with the statement "tempers are flaring" as you see brads #12 pile driving "upside down" into the safer barrier. "the exact same image is printed on your Texas ticket."

Thanks, I suffer from comprehension problems late at night. I'd say the commercial is in very bad taste.

High Sided
03-18-10, 11:02 PM
what about the ticket? ;)

Methanolandbrats
03-18-10, 11:07 PM
what about the ticket? ;)

That too. There was a very similar commercial on ESPN. :mad:

High Sided
03-18-10, 11:22 PM
sadly the way the sport is going competitors will win lawsuits for injuries. :shakehead

ps.. still gotta little buzz on ;)

Methanolandbrats
03-18-10, 11:31 PM
sadly the way the sport is going competitors will win lawsuits for injuries. :shakehead

ps.. still gotta little buzz on ;)

maybe it's a tie :D

Fio1
03-19-10, 01:00 AM
The sad fact is, when Dale sr died the ratings went thru the roof the following weekend. That's what Nascar is all about, that's why they make the rules to encourage wrecks. We all know that; if they didn't then they would never call a 'debris' yellow with 10 to go at 'Dega' when the field is too spread out. I wished Nascar wasn't called racing. It's sad when people say auto racing and I think of F1 & ALMS and they think of Nascab.

TedN
03-19-10, 06:29 AM
I seem to recall a race at MIS several years ago that Dale Jarrett won flag-to-flag. No cautions. Many called it one of the most boring NASCAR races ever.

Ted

Michaelhatesfans
03-19-10, 12:18 PM
I'll try...

Told you so.:\

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16364&page=2

devilmaster
03-19-10, 02:15 PM
I seem to recall a race at MIS several years ago that Dale Jarrett won flag-to-flag. No cautions. Many called it one of the most boring NASCAR races ever.

Ted

I was at that one... somewhere in the 2001-04 range i wanna say.

High Sided
03-19-10, 06:14 PM
Told you so.:\

rest assured, they will use the video of what some would consider to be borderline manslaughter to promote the next race.:shakehead

sure did :thumbup:

JohnHKart
03-20-10, 02:20 AM
I was at that one... somewhere in the 2001-04 range i wanna say.

Looks like it was 1999- the last Michigan caution free race.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/opinion/08/14/dpearson.dwaltrip.djarrett.michigan.retro/index.html

Sure I must have watched it on tape...probably slept through that one too with a couple of beers around 130am on a Monday night, on my cruise ship after our gig!

JH