PDA

View Full Version : Speeds is back! but...

dando
03-17-10, 09:22 AM
Imagine my joy this AM when I saw a long-awaited e-mail from Speeds (the long lost karting track here in Cbus). The bad news? It's just as a restaurant and bar. :( :saywhat: :mad: They waited what 5 years to reconstitute as restaurant and bar only? :shakehead :thumdown:

SPEEDS IS BACK... and better than ever!

Catch March Madness on one of our many new HD TV's!

The track might be gone, but the great food, atmosphere and excitement of the original SPEEDS is back at 5186 East Main Street in Whitehall. Now featuring an extensive menu prepared by one of the area's best executive chefs and a host of brand new HD TV's to catch every minute of every game, SPEEDS is the perfect place to enjoy all of March Madness-at a price that won't ruin your game plan.

In addition to the wide variety of tasty burgers and sandwiches, SPEEDS' menu features entrees and munchies to please every palate and one of the widest selections of domestic and imported beers around. With happy hour specials and take out orders, SPEEDS has your needs covered.

SPEEDS Restaurant and Bar
5186 East Main Street
614-626-2731

Hours: Monday-Saturday 11am-1pm/Sunday Noon-9pm

:irked:

-Kevin

devilmaster
03-17-10, 09:28 AM
so I can cut up my speeds membership card? or will that get me free mozza sticks? ;)

too bad about no track.... I liked the place, even though i thought the track was a bit too tight and twisty, and that I got headaches from the propane smell after a couple rounds....

Don Quixote
03-17-10, 10:03 AM
great food, atmosphere and excitement
Not to parse their little announcement too much, but great food and atmospere, maybe. Excitement? Maybe I am getting too old, but wouldn't you need the track to have excitement?

I got headaches from the propane smell after a couple rounds....
I love the smell of propane in the morning. :D