PDA

View Full Version : Saturday '10

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

nrc
03-12-10, 08:25 PM
Ouch. A return trip to the Rose Bowl for Oregon appears unlikely.

http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/cfootballnews.asp?articleID=277048

Eugene, OR (Sports Network) - Oregon Ducks quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was suspended for the entire 2010 season after pleading guilty to charges of second-degree burglary on Friday.

Ducks head coach Chip Kelly made the announcement at a press conference after Masoli's court appearance. In addition, he suspended running back LaMichael James and kicker Rob Beard for a minimum of one game apiece after the pair pleaded guilty to harassment in separate incidents.

Of course they've got five months or so to decide that he's learned his lesson and bring him back for the opener. :gomer:

Gnam
03-12-10, 08:42 PM
Just as Oregon and USC start to lose their grip on the Pac-10, Washington starts coming to the front. Welcome to Cal football. :p

*At least they didn't fire Tedford.

Ankf00
03-12-10, 09:21 PM
The only way to improve the trainwreck that is California Memorial Stadium and its single 10 foot wide concourse is for it to fall to the bottom of the Hayward Fault and start over from scratch, so I'm rooting for earthquake :D

Ankf00
06-04-10, 02:00 PM
the conf realignment stuff is getting hot & heavy. epic meltdown at the big 12 meetings this week. tOSU Pres' email with Delaney discussing his convo with UT Pres and UT's "'Tech' problem" leaked via FOIA request. Pac10 supposedly offering the B12 south minus Baylor + CU. OU & A&M talking to SEC.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

remember that Longhorn Sports Network? Best piece of vaporware EVER. It and our ability to keep all the revenue are such a huge point of contention that Mizzou and NU got the ball rolling by asking the B11 for a date, which made it politically possible to start talking leaving the B12, and the supposed LSN has aggy all atwitter and not wanting to be in any conf where we can keep our own private channel revenue. Aggie's flirtation with SEC, if it goes further to a legit offer, means we can tell Gov Coyote and the state leg to eat a hot plate of peens and diaf, "hey, A&M is going off to do their own thing, we gotta go to the B10/P10 w/o Tech"

Tech then joins the MWC, Baylor the Southland, Nebraska the MAC, and all is right in the world...

Ankf00
06-04-10, 02:04 PM
oh, and from maizenblue...

Scene: It's lunchtime at College Football High School. And at CFHS, everyone eats together. Except for those short bus kids from the Sun Belt. They eat in a Teflon covered room and are only allowed to use spoons for safety's sake. But CFHS is not unlike any other High School in America, all the groups stick together. The Big Ten, PAC-10, SEC, ACC, and Big East all sit apart from one another at separate tables, telling each other how crappy the other tables are. Over by one of the windows we join Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, all gussied up in their cheerleader uniforms, sitting down to lunch. As they get seated, their fellow cheerleader Colorado come running up....

Texas: A&M, you're such a whore.

A&M: Eat me bitch, you got lucky. I'll be captain nex.....
Colorado: Ohmigod! Ohmigod! Ohmigod!
Oklahoma: What?
Colorado: You guys are. Not. Going. To. Believethisss.
Texas Tech: What!?
Colorado: Omigod! /almost faints from hyperventilating/
Texas: Bitch if you don't tell me what the **** you're talking about I'm going to punch you in your ovaries.
/Oklahoma and Oklahoma State roll their eyes, but silently agree with Texas/
Colorado: Alright. Ready? I just heard that the six of us are totally going to be invited out by... wait for it.... the Pac-10! /squeals/
Texas Tech: Ohmigod! NO WAY!
Colorado: Yeah! It's totally true. We're all getting invites. No more of this Big XII ********. And the best part is the PAC-10 guys are totally RICH!!
Oklahoma State: Thank God, I'm sick of hanging out with you bitches every Saturday. It's almost like someone makes us all hang out together, all the time. /glares at Texas/
Texas: Whatever, Colorado.
Colorado: What!? You're not excited?
Texas: Why should I be? I totally dated the PAC-10 a few years ago, but they're lahoosers. I could've gone steady with the PAC-10, or I could hang out with my girls. I totally chose you guys. /smiles fakest of all smiles/
Texas Tech: Don't give us that line of ********. They dumped your ass after they found out your were stuffing your revenues bra.
Texas: **** you, Tech. I totally dumped them. You're just pissed off that you wouldn't even be in the flag corps much less a Big XII member Cheerleader if you weren't my cousin, so deal with it. And while you're at it, get me a Diet Coke, bitch.
Texas Tech: /grumbles, goes to get Diet Coke, intends to spit in it first/
Oklahoma: So where did you hear about this? Spill it.
Colorado: I heard it from that guy! /points to unathletic CFHS newspaper geek/
A&M: From HIM!?
Oklahoma: Just from him? Are you ****ing kidding me? He doesn't know anything. That ******* told everyone I lost my head coach virginity to Notre Dame this summer. That's your source!?
Colorado: Calm down Oklahoma, it's not just him. Everyone's talking about it. I heard from people who were hanging out with the PAC-10 all week that this is totally going to happen.
Oklahoma State: Oh christ... here comes Iowa State.

/Iowa State rolls up in motorized wheelchair, dressed in cheerleader uniform/

Iowa State: /voice box crackles/ WHAT'S THIS CRAP I HEAR ABOUT YOU BITCHES GOING OUT WITH THE PAC-10? WHY DO I HAVE TO HEAR THIS FROM TEDDY GREENSTEIN? I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS. /static/
Colorado: Calm down Iowa State, we just found out about it. Sorry they didn't invite you to party.
Iowa State: I DON'T NEED YOUR PITY. WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE CHEERLEADING TEAM? /squak/
Texas: Nothing's going to happen to the cheerleading team Iowa State. No one is going to party with the PAC-10.
Colorado: WHAT!?
Texas: I've told you before, my Dad owns a dealership, and if you bitches want to have a nice car to drive around in and cool parties to go to, you're doing what I want.
Oklahoma: Whatever... /gazes off into the distance, wishes she were somewhere, anywhere else/
Oklahoma State: You know you're not the only one with money Texas. My Uncle Pickens left me some money too. I can get my own car.
Texas: Ha! A lot of good it's done you to. Even with the new practice facility boob job the best you can do is the Holiday Bowl. Ever think that if you weren't hanging out with me you wouldn't even get invited there? You were popular for a minute, but when everyone found out the twins were plastic it all went away, didn't it.
Oklahoma State: I hate you. /fights back tears/
Colorado: You're not ruining this for me Texas. I'm doing whatever I want.
Texas: Fine. Do what you want. But when you come back here trying to be friends, smelling like salmon and wear cords made out of hemp, don't think we're going to talk with you.
Iowa State: /chirp/ I KNEW WE'D ALL BE FRIENDS FOR EVER.

/Nebraska and Missouri, also in their cheerleading outfits, walk by with the Big Ten talking and giggling/

Nebraska: Hi everyone! We'll see you a practice. /Missouri waves, continues walking/
Iowa State: HI IOWA. YOU GOING TO CALL ME THIS WEEKEND? /crackle/

/Iowa shields face with hand, all his Big Ten friends laugh at him/

/Iowa State turns her wheelchair back to the table/

Iowa State: HE'S MY COUSIN. EVERY NOW AND THEN HE GETS DRUNK AND HE LETS ME MAKE OUT WITH HIM.
Colorado: Oh MY GOD, Iowa State. Shut up!
Iowa State: HEY COLORADO, REMEMBER BACK IN 2007 WHEN WE MADE OUT!?
Colorado: SHUT UP!
Iowa State: HA HA HA HA HA. I OWN YOU BITCH.
Oklahoma State: So what's up with Nebraska and Missouri hanging out with those Big Ten guys?
A&M: Oh my God, it's like Missouri can't get enough of them. All Missouri does is talk about how great the Big Ten is. All the Big Ten would have to do is say "Big Ten Network" "boo" and her legs would be in the air.
Texas Tech: Not like Nebraska's any different. Nebraska asked me what kind of thong is easiest to get out of. If the Big Ten asks, we'll never see those two again.
Texas: I don't like the Big Ten. A few years ago I thought we were friends but they totally blew me off. Now that my revenues boobs are big, they're all over me again.
A&M: It all comes back to you, doesn't it?
Texas: You got something to say, bitch?
A&M: Yeah, I do. I've been talking with the SEC and I don't need this **** anymore.
Oklahoma: /in heaviest possible sarcasm/ You're going with the SEC?
A&M: That's right. Hi honey! /waves/

/SEC continues eating lunch, carries on as if crickets are chirping/

A&M: See, we're totally steady.
Oklahoma State: You're an idiot.
Texas: Oh jesus, is Kansas trying to sell test answers again?

/Kansas, seeing a teacher, quickly sits down at the Big XII table/

Kansas: Hey everyone, what's going on?
A&M: What the hell's the matter with you? Aren't you in enough trouble already?
Kansas: What are you talking about? I'm just supplying study supplements. There's nothing wrong with that.
Oklahoma: If by "study supplements" you mean the actual test key, then yes, there is something wrong with that.
Texas Tech: Look, just because you'll sell your panties to anyone with a dollar fifty doesn't mean you can do it. We've got reputations to keep here.

/whole table giggles/

Iowa State: HA HA HA HA
Colorado: I hate you Kansas. I can't wait to start hanging out with the PAC-10 so I never have to see your ass again.
Kansas: Yeah, I heard about that. Let me ask you a simple question, genius. Have you actually talked to anyone in the PAC-10 about this?
Colorado: Well... um... no.
Kansas: You're an idiot. And you're stuck with me bitch.

/fin/

:rofl:

Gnam
06-04-10, 02:17 PM
I hopped off the plane at LAX
with a dream and my cardigan
welcome to the land of fame excess, (woah)
am I gonna fit in?

No. :p

WickerBill
06-04-10, 02:28 PM
Did...

Did you just...... quote Miley Cyrus.... on OffCamber??

:o:irked:

Ankf00
06-04-10, 02:31 PM
No. :p

PAC SIXTEEN EAST MOTHER F*****! RESPECK!!!

Ankf00
06-04-10, 02:32 PM
Did...

Did you just...... quote Miley Cyrus.... on OffCamber??

:o:irked:

I'm gonna be honest, I'm a bit more disturbed that you knew who he was quoting than I am with the actual quotation.

Gnam
06-04-10, 02:39 PM
Chill out professor. :gomer:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6954/mileycyrusdemographic.gif

Ankf00
06-04-10, 02:48 PM
and of course we won't fit in. people actually want to watch us play football :gomer:

dando
06-04-10, 03:27 PM
Chill out professor. :gomer:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6954/mileycyrusdemographic.gif

I think you left out the Purdue/Bronco fans... :gomer:

-Kevin

WickerBill
06-04-10, 03:45 PM
I'm gonna be honest, I'm a bit more disturbed that you knew who he was quoting than I am with the actual quotation.

You're making a big assumption. I saw the "whoa" and the two quite bad rhymes and googled it.

Ankf00
06-04-10, 03:52 PM
my sincerest apologies for having cast such dubious aspersions, good sir.

Ankf00
06-04-10, 09:51 PM
on the one hand you've got Iowa State, firmly grounded in reality as the honest folk who bring us our corn year after year

Iowa State president Dr. Gregory Geoffroy and athletic director Jamie Pollard posted a letter on the Iowa State athletic website Friday in regard to conference realignment. Here is the letter:

Dear Cyclone alumni, fans and friends of the University,

This week, we participated in the Big 12 Conference spring meetings in which a major topic of discussion was potential conference re-alignment. With the immense speculation and media attention given to this issue, we felt it was important for you to hear directly from us.

We believe the Big 12 Conference is the perfect fit for Iowa State University. We are committed to our membership in the Big 12, and we are optimistic that the conference will remain intact. However, we also recognize that the long-term viability of the Big 12 Conference is not in our control - it is in the hands of just a few of our fellow member institutions.

Iowa State and several other members of the Big 12 Conference are especially vulnerable under some of the re-alignment scenarios currently circulating, particularly one involving expansion of the Pac-10. We are doing everything in our power to represent the best interests of Iowa State in these discussions, but we also are sensitive to the huge uncertainty that has been created and recognize that the situation could evolve in directions that are not aligned with our interests.

We understand and share your concerns about Iowa State athletics and the Big 12 Conference. We are still optimistic that the Big 12 will remain intact and continue to be one of our nation's premier athletics conferences, but we must be ready to act if that does not prove to be the case. We will keep in touch as the situation unfolds, and we appreciate your understanding.

Go Cyclones!

Dr. Gregory Geoffroy
President

Jamie Pollard
Director of Athletics

on the other hand we have Baylor Bob

http://www.fanforhire.com/images/comical_ali.jpg

Members of the Baylor Family,

The spring meetings of the Big 12 Conference have just concluded. The media attention that has focused on the potential for conference realignment has made these meetings especially lively and, at times, challenging.

Ian McCaw, our athletic director, and I have been extremely active participants in these meetings, working hard to represent Baylor's best interests. While I have little specific to report, I can tell you that at this time we are encouraged by the way the process is unfolding.

Ian and I have made our case clear: Baylor emphatically supports the Big 12 Conference and wants to see it prosper. In particular, we appreciate our fellow Texas institutions in the Big 12 and the special rivalries that entertain our state and energize our alumni.

We are aware of the intense speculation surrounding the possible expansion of other conferences. We remain hopeful that the Big 12 will remain intact and continue to be one of the nation's foremost athletic conferences.

Of course, we are immensely proud of our standing - both athletic and academic - in the Big 12. In the last seven years alone we have won a combined 28 Big 12 regular-season and tournament championships, positioning us third behind Texas (55) and Texas A&M (30). The academic quality of our students also sets Baylor apart. In the most recent edition of "America's Best Colleges" by U.S.News & World Report, Baylor is ranked fourth in the Big 12.

Be assured that we are committed to doing everything in our power to promote and defend the best interests of Baylor University as these discussions continue in the days ahead.

Sic 'em, Bears.

Ken Starr
President

Sure, Ken. Sure. :laugh:

Don Quixote
06-04-10, 11:07 PM
On the Denver local news tonight they were basically spinning this stuff as being all about CU. :laugh::laugh::rofl:

Andrew Longman
06-05-10, 04:05 AM
FFIW a few weeks ago, and its gone quiet now, the talk in the papers here was (again) Rutgers going to the Big 10 (11) with Mizzou and ND as other possibilities. Seemed more "certain" than before though as expansion seemed more certain and RU made more "sense" than Mizzou or ND (quoting several Big 10 coaches)

Ankf00
06-05-10, 11:50 AM
it's like having a little brother that is a couple years younger than you in high school. They idolize you. You're a senior, he's a freshman. He wants to go to all the cool parties you're invited to. All the hot chicks are there. Sweater puppet wearing cheerleaders, random slutty chicks. If you don't invite him along, your mom gets all pissed off because you're not including him. When you do invite him, he acts like an idiot and embarrasses you. What can you do, though? Your parents still pay the insurance for your car. Your semi-retarded cousin "Tech" also has to tag along. That's just what he does. Your mom insists it, because his mom (her sister) has had a rough time of it. He's not quite as embarrassing as little brother. He does like to get drunk and party. But he always ends up throwing food around. The tortillas from the fajita cookout are flying.

Then, one day, little brother decides he's going to go hang out with the mullet wearing Lynyrd Skynyrd crowd. They're going to hang out in the woods and drink Jim Beam. They're going to yell insults at minorities and wave a rebel flag. They're giving you the middle finger and saying "**** you, I know who my friends are. They understand me." What can you do? They've made their choice. But they want nothing to do with your cousin Tech. They think he's a "re-tard".

Your mom has no problem with your brother doing his own thing. She's just glad that he's not following you around like a puppy anymore, and is trying to assert hisself, do his own thing.

But, your slow cousin Tech…your aunt is annoying. She keeps telling your mom that "Tech will never be able to find his own way. He needs you." Somehow, she's wormed her way into your rich oilman grandfather's will. She has a say in how the inheritance will be distributed. You know that's not right. She wasn't there when the trusts were setup. However, she has somehow got a piece of the pie, and she will continue to hold that over your mom. So, mom tells you that you have to still take Tech to the parties.

It's something you deal with.

dando
06-07-10, 01:24 PM
$10 and my left nut that this will turn out to be F Jim Delany's Titanic. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

Gnam
06-07-10, 01:42 PM
Careful with those bets. ;)

bVyhXlPCI4Q

Ankf00
06-07-10, 02:40 PM
If Delaney gets ND to join and shuts it down there, Big10 gets what it wants, Mizzou & NU dont get invited which means UT doesnt blow up the B12 since let's face it, it's a 2 team conference and our AD runs the show

Napoleon
06-07-10, 02:42 PM
Well on the college football theme, this one is for JoeBob:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4672981106_1e5b6ffb18.jpg

Don Quixote
06-07-10, 05:01 PM
Question for JoeBob. What the heck is "hold the rope"? :confused: Is this some type of WVU tradition that has been imported to your fine school? :gomer:

Ankf00
06-07-10, 05:20 PM
if you have to ask... :D

in other news, **** baylor

Date: June 4, 2010 10:49:12 AM CDT

To: ADDRESSES REDACTED

Subject: Baylor Alert

To: Baylor grads in the 81st Legislature:

I have a critical issue that directly affects Baylor and it is very time sensitive. The Big XII and PAC 10 are both meeting separately today. According to a recent newspaper report, the PAC 10 may well issue an invite to all the Big XII South schools to join the PAC 10 – WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BAYLOR. In our stead, the PAC 10 is rumored to substitute Colorado. In this scenario, Baylor gets left out and this would be a major, major setback for our University. Perhaps a setback of immense proportion. The mere rumor of Baylor being left behind is harmful.

We cannot let the other schools in Texas (A&M, U.T., Tech) leave the Big XII WITHOUT BAYLOR BEING INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE. Long and short – if U.T., A&M and Tech demand that any move to any other conference include ALL TEXAS BASED TEAMS from the Big XII, we are golden. We need to be in a PACKAGE DEAL!

Here’s what I am asking you to do today.

Please call the following:

1. Bill Jones – Former Chairman, A&M Board of Regents

2. Bill Powers – President, University of Texas at Austin (If unavailable ask for Nancy Brazzil, his E.A.);

3. Morris E. Foster – Chairman A&M Board of Regents of Salado, TX

4. Larry Anders – Chairman, Texas Tech Board of Regents

5. Kent Hance – Chancellor, Texas Tech

6. Dr. Mike McKinney, Chancellor, Texas A&M and

7. Colleen McHugh – Chairman, U.T. Board of Regents.

Here is the message to deliver:

• The four Texas schools in the Big XII conference have decades (if not a century) of history as being a family. The continuation of this almost sacred relationship is important to our State and to higher education in Texas.

• As the Big 10, PAC 10 and Big XII discuss re-alignment, the best possible scenario for these four schools (U.T., A&M, Tech and Baylor) is to stay in the Big XII Conference as it currently exists. That is the absolute BEST THING FOR ALL OF US – KEEP THE BIG XII INTACT.

• However, if some schools in the Big XII North feel compelled to go elsewhere (we hear rumors of Colorado, Missouri and Nebraska looking toward the Big 10), the next best scenario is to KEEP ALL SIX SCHOOLS FROM THE BIG XII SOUTH AS A PACKAGE DEAL. Do not leave Baylor out.

• There was a report today that the PAC 10 might extend an offer to invite five of the South schools to join the PAC 10 (Texas, A&M, Tech, Oklahoma and OSU). The report said Baylor would be replaced with Colorado. This is Armageddon for our University.

This would be devastating to Baylor and to the state of Texas. WE MUST STICK TOGETHER.

• Baylor is superior to Colorado academically. Baylor has athletic facilities superior to Colorado. Colorado doesn’t participate in the number of sports that Baylor does. Baylor’s overall record in all collegiate sports dwarfs that of Colorado. Our football, basketball (women’s and men’s), baseball, softball, track, tennis, golf programs are vastly superior to Colorado’s. The Baptist church base extends across the country and certainly trumps the University of Colorado’s local base limited to a small town in Colorado.

• I am asking you to commit to me to keeping all six schools from the Big XII South together if we can’t keep the whole Big XII intact. BAYLOR MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE. Make it clear that when it comes to our four Texas schools, IT IS ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!!

Please DO NOT BREAK UP the history and working relationship we have nurtured over the decades.

Will you commit to including all Texas schools in any scenario that arises? Will you commit to include Baylor in any package you consider?

Please put these calls in today if at all possible. We need to stop any bleeding that this PAC 10 offer might have caused for Baylor quickly.

Many, many thanks for your assistance. This could be a pivotal moment in Baylor’s history.

Warmest regards,

Neal T. “ Buddy” Jones

Don Quixote
06-07-10, 05:27 PM
in other news, **** baylorThat's funny, desperate stuff right there. Baylor is the other "tech problem", i.e. yoke around the neck of the UT. Good luck with that. :D

Ankf00
06-07-10, 05:29 PM
BU pres Ken Starr, that Ken Starr, holding a presser right now saying that leg will defund UT.

you have all of 15 state reps, good luck with that.

to boot, you are a private school. go **** yourselves.

dando
06-07-10, 05:33 PM
Question for JoeBob. What the heck is "hold the rope"? :confused: Is this some type of WVU tradition that has been imported to your fine school? :gomer:

I'm fairly certain it has something to do with not dropping the soap in the shower.... :gomer: :D :p

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-07-10, 05:41 PM
By George, you are right.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/365113/richrod_tour_medium.png

Tifosi24
06-07-10, 08:54 PM
As a lifelong Iowa State fan, I can't say that I am overly excited by the realignment stuff going around. So, we have Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, and Iowa State left after everyone else bails. I have a co-worker who is a Nebraska fan, and a PhD from there, and he too isn't happy about ISU, but mainly from the academic standard. He agrees that hands down it is better than Nebraska or Missouri, but it won't be considered for the Big 10+1 since the Des Moines market isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

I don't know if there is any room in the Mountain West, WAC, or Conference USA, but my guess is that is where Baylor will end up. Although, Ank can probably help me out if that makes sense.

I see Kansas, KSU, and ISU as a package deal, but I have no idea where they will fit in. Clearly, the basketball conferences will be falling over themselves to get Kansas. At the end of the day, I fear the Cyclones will end up in the MAC or something like that.

Gnam
06-07-10, 09:06 PM
I would think the smaller/suckier PAC-10 schools would be wary of a merger also. How long before they start trimming the the PAC-16 back down to the PAC-10 and Washington & Oregon state get dumped into the WAC?

Ankf00
06-08-10, 12:57 AM
16 team pac 10 pushes big 10 to 16 team pushes sec to 16 team pushes acc to raid big east to 16 team = 64 team D1 division => withdrawing from NCAA and setting up 4 team playoff w/ conf titles as quarterfinals

win freaking win

Don Quixote
06-08-10, 01:05 AM
but, but, but how can Boise State make it to the dance? :gomer:

Ankf00
06-08-10, 02:03 AM
latest word is bu's not making the list, weeeee :D

enjoy the Sun Belt.

dando
06-08-10, 11:01 AM
16 team pac 10 pushes big 10 to 16 team pushes sec to 16 team pushes acc to raid big east to 16 team = 64 team D1 division => withdrawing from NCAA and setting up 4 team playoff w/ conf titles as quarterfinals

win freaking win

The bigger impact will be when the conferences create their own basketball tourney. The NC2A already lost control of foosball other than administration and oversight.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-08-10, 12:03 PM
The bigger impact will be when the conferences create their own basketball tourney. The NC2A already lost control of foosball other than administration and oversight.

-KevinOne thing at a time grasshopper. The NCAA wasn't created in one day. :D

dando
06-09-10, 01:08 PM
So the dominoes are beginning to fall:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5265631

Nebraska's decision on whether to commit long term to the Big 12 or leave for a potential Big Ten invitation could come on Friday, a school told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Tuesday.

The source said the school is leaning toward the Big Ten, but an invitation hadn't yet been extended, and there was no indication when that would occur. The consensus within the athletic department is that Nebraska wouldn't separate itself from the Big 12 without some assurance that a Big Ten invitation would come, the source said. The Big Ten has set no date for any announcement in the coming weeks, leaving open the possibility that Nebraska could be left in limbo.

:saywhat:

F Jim Delany. :irked:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-09-10, 01:27 PM
When the dominos start to fall, where do KU, KSU and Iowa St. end up???? I read this morning that Baylor still thinks they are in the Pac10 mix.

dando
06-09-10, 01:47 PM
When the dominos start to fall, where do KU, KSU and Iowa St. end up???? I read this morning that Baylor still thinks they are in the Pac10 mix.

MWC or CUSA. Sucks for KS as their hoops program essentially becomes worthless. :saywhat: I still think the next shoe to fall is to put the NC2A out of the basketball tourney business, which is 90% of the NC2A revenue, and they don't share the vast majority of the $$$ unlike the BC$.

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-09-10, 01:54 PM
if Baylor was in the mix, they wouldn't have their regent sending out pathetic emails and legislators calling up journalists saying "we're not going to let this happen."

Tech is only in b/c of politics, just like Baylor would be. Have you heard a peep out of their chancellor or legislators? They know they're in regardless and don't need to.

dando
06-09-10, 02:01 PM
IMO, F Jim Delany is puckering right now after the Pac 10 stole the mo on this. He can only save face if he lands burnt orange or the holy domers in addition to another batch of 4 teams. They've got to expand into other regions/states to spread the wealth w/o reducing the share of the BTN pie. Just adding the holy domers doesn't achieve this, IMO.

-Kevin

dando
06-09-10, 02:57 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/source-big-ten-expansion-will-happen-in-steps.html

A source involved in expansion talks believes that Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany dropped a significant clue when he said Sunday that the league "could act and act again."

With Nebraska facing a Big 12 loyalty ultimatum and eager to learn by Friday whether it will be asked to apply for Big Ten membership, the source believes that Big Ten expansion will occur "in steps."

"Jim is getting his hand forced, and he doesn't like it," the source told the Tribune.

But Delany might have no other choice if he wants to reel in Nebraska.

Another source with close ties to Big Ten officials suggested the league wants to add Nebraska and stop there - at 12 teams.

:saywhat: :flame: :mad:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-09-10, 02:59 PM
^^^^ :rofl:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4679504215_32a5351874_b.jpg

I am your father.

Don Quixote
06-09-10, 03:15 PM
uh-oh (http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/09/10/Reports-Nebraska-to-Join-Big-Ten/landing.html?blockID=250141&feedID=3724)

dando
06-09-10, 03:22 PM
uh-oh (http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/09/10/Reports-Nebraska-to-Join-Big-Ten/landing.html?blockID=250141&feedID=3724)

I don't mind the big red N joining the Big 10+1, but expanding piecemeal like this is utter ********. :thumdown: There was no cohesive plan for this expansion. Period. F Jim Delany x11! :mad: Cripes, they have the BTN to leverage and it will take Fox and the Pac-10 ~2 years to get the PTN on the various DBS and cable systems....unless they have an actual coherent pricing strategy unlike the BTN fiasco (noting that TWC still does not carry the NFL Network). :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-09-10, 03:57 PM
http://twitter.com/ChipBrownOB

Nebraska regents have informally agreed to leave for the Big Ten. A formal announcement will come Friday.

Several officials in the Big 12 South have said if Nebraska leaves the conference, the Big 12 is dead.

I like how Sniveling Osborne thinks that NU's going to get more respect or be a more notable brand and not be outvoted 100% of the time in the Big Ten when he's always on the wrong end of 11-1 votes in the Land Grant Conference.

Ankf00
06-09-10, 04:16 PM
Oh, hi Mizzou.

http://www.jlh-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

Don Quixote
06-09-10, 04:27 PM
I don't think MO is dead yet.

Ankf00
06-09-10, 05:33 PM
only as the creamed spinach, not as the prime rib.

http://barkingcarnival.fantake.com/2010/06/08/baylor-courts-pac-10-ignoring-court-order/

Through the Freedom of Information Act, Barking Carnival has acquired some damning cell phone transcripts from a protective legal action filed against Baylor from the Pac 10 Conference. The contents are worrying.

7:57pm PST, Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hi, Pac 10? This is Baylor! Remember me? Voted Good Housekeeping’s 2nd Most Judgemental American University.

So, I met you briefly at Todd’s party. I was wearing a sweater vest and chinos. Remember, we talked about Baylor’s exchange program with Pakistani madrasas? Anywhooooo…scored tickets to an Amy Grant concert – want to come with? I’m at 254-555-5555. Call me back!

9:13pm PST, Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pac 10! Baylor here. How are you? Just had an awesome dinner at Cheese Fac – that’s what I call Cheesecake Factory. Yes, we have one.

I didn’t hear back yet.

But I know Saturdays are busy, busy, busy. I left my number, but I realized you may prefer e-mail. West Coast. Internet! Silicon Valley. Edgy! Ha ha! Oh my goodness. So, I’m at bears4ever@aol.com. Or just call me at 254-555-5555. Whatever you like! Blessings!

7:51 am PST, Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oh hey, it’s me! My phone rang. Thought it might be you. You showed up on my caller ID as a telemarketer. Is that you? Ha ha. Oh my gosh, you make me laugh. We have so much fun, the two of us! Just laughing and laughing and laughing. Being together forever! Happy Sunday!

1:27 pm PST, Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pac 10, it’s Baylor. Listen, my phone is CRAZY unreliable. Goshdarn, Cricket wireless. So if you’re calling and it’s not working, just text me. Please text me. I stay up late! YOU WILL NOT WAKE ME! Goodness, was I shouting there? Ha ha. I think it’s the volume control on my phone.

1:40 pm PST, Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hey! Just a quick note: a common mistake when trying to e-mail is that people can transpose numbers or letters, or add in an extra w to the www. Are you doing this? You’d better check! OK, bye! But seriously, check…Bless you!

1:41 pm PST, Sunday, June 6, 2010

TXT MSG: r u there? it’s baylor! i am just texting u in case u are shy to call

1:43 pm PST, Sunday, June 6, 2010

TXT MSG: it is ok if you are shy, i am very patient, like a hunter

2:24 pm PST, Sunday, June 6, 2010

TXT MSG: some think Man is the most dangerous game of all ha ha crazy talk

2:26 pm PST, Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hello? Hello! (inaudible) Oh, dadgummit! I accidentally dialed you. Oh my goodness. How are things? Hello? Hello? I thought you just picked up. If you did pick up, just say hi. Hello! Helllloooooo! Hellllloooooo! Or make a sound. No? No. OK, you didn’t pick up. That was my car radio. Bye.

3:18 pm PST, Sunday, June 6, 2010

Soooooo….(long pause) it’s Baylor. hi. (long pause) I just feel like we need to talk. Golly, I hope everything is OK. Is your family good? Can’t wait to meet them! Au revoir!

4:41 pm PST, Sunday, June 6th, 2010

Hi, it’s Baylor. (icily) I was talking to Todd and he thinks you may have gone home with Texas after that party. That’s interesting information. I don’t believe it. Or should I? Sinners go to Hell. And are sodomized by demons. For eternity. Bye.

12:18 am PST, Monday, June 7th, 2010

Pac Ten, it’s me! Happy Monday! Is it Monday or is it Wednesday that’s hump day? For you, it seems like it’s every day, given the information Todd gave me. Ha ha. Oh my gosh, I’m so kidding you. I just happened to be on the West Coast and I saw your car at the gym (I got your gym from your Facebook profile) and I decided to watch it for a few hours.

I saw you give Colorado a ride to a legalized marijuana dispensary. How do you know CU? Weird. Was that you? Your hair looked different? I just want to hold you in my arms and squeeze you. Until you do exactly as I say. Goodbye!

12:58 am PST, Monday, June 7th, 2010

Hey, it’s Baylor. I read a study that said that conferences that go around with lots of big teams willy-nilly are at a much higher risk of STD than ones who commit to just one small faithful and loyal partner. Anyway. That has nothing to do with you. Or does it, fornicating whore?

1:14 am PST, Monday, June 7th, 2010

It’s me. Kidding on the fornicating whore thing. I hate when we fight. Hey, I lost you driving in traffic yesterday. Where do you live? Thought I’d drop by and say hello.

3:19 am PST, Monday, June 7th, 2010

TXT MSG: this whole thing is so us, we will laugh about this with our grandkids

7:14 am PST, Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

So I went by your work! Your security guard is a wet blanket. I sort of jumped the security gate and he tackled me and took away my taser and duct tape. How are you? I wish I could smell your hair.

8:19 am PST, Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

Hey, cutie! It’s Baylor. Listen: has anyone in your family ever had an allergic reaction to chloroform? And do you ever park in Lot 3, near the culvert? Quiet over there.

9:28 am PST, Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

Well, helllloooo! It’s #107 in football, but #1 in your heart. Did you know that you can learn a lot about someone by going through their trash? Like, you love to eat organic hummus, you drink too much red wine – which tells me that there’s a hole in your life you’re trying to fill – and you recycle. I also found a condom. Whose is it? I’d love to shake that answer out of you.

10:48 am PST, Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

It’s B. Just thinking about you. I made us a picnic lunch. Cod is perishable, so you’d better get back to me soon.

12:49 PST TXT MSG: RETURNED FROM BLOCKED ADDRESS
12:50 PST TXT MSG RETURNED FROM BLOCKED ADDRESS
12:51 PST TXT MSG RETURNED FROM BLOCKED ADDRESS

12:51 pm PST, Tuesday June 8th, 2010

Hi, guess your phone is blocked. Which explains why you’re not getting back to me! So I’m calling your folks’ answering machine. Hello, future parents-in-law! My, my, my. (chuckles) Well, now you’ve gone and done it. A restraining order. This is silly. Bye.

12:57 pm PST, Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

IT’S ME! HELLO! It was very embarrassing to be served at my work. What does it mean that I can’t be within 90 feet of you? Future Mom and Dad – I love calling you that – please pass this on. And sidenote: maybe you should try to raise a more polite child, One that returns phone calls. And doesn’t do everything through lawyers.

1:09 pm PST, Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

It’s me. On the 90 feet thing. Is that an average? Like I spend several hours two hundred feet from you, watching you, and then a few hours six inches away. That averages out to 90 feet away from you. OH MY GOSH YOU PLAY SO HARD TO GET AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:49 pm PST, Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

It’s B. Hey, I think you may have some of my mail, accidentally. The postal service confuses Waco and Santa Monica. Just shoot me your alarm code real quick, OK?

2:11 pm PST, Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

Hi, there. Are your parents even passing on these messages to you? I feel as if they’re not! Also, for a boy, I love the name Tristan. For a girl, Kaitlin. Toodle–ooo!

2:45 pm PST, Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

It’s Bay-Dawg. Did you know I own a police scanner? I feel like we got off on the wrong foot. Can we just meet? Talk? Like a romantic remote wooded area. Shall we say midnight, tonight? I will wear gloves because of my eczema. Just step out at the road flares I set up and walk into the woods. Don’t tell any of your snooping friends!

I’ll find you.

I guess I’m thinking the same thing all of you are: can anyone here explain why the Pac 10 would lead Baylor on this way?

Ankf00
06-09-10, 06:12 PM
supposedly our AD & Pres met w/ coaching staff at 2pm CDT today stating that they tried to save the conf but failed, now we're Pac10 bound.

UT beat writer, formerly AP & DMN, now the rivals.com blog, Chip Brown who broke the original Pac10 offer stating that it's now done, UT, A&M, TTU, OU, OSU, CU to Pac10.

enjoy irrelevance, nebrasky.

dando
06-09-10, 07:00 PM
UT beat writer, formerly AP & DMN, now the rivals.com blog, Chip Brown who broke the original Pac10 offer stating that it's now done, UT, A&M, TTU, OU, OSU, CU to Pac10.

If this indeed turns out to be the case, I hope F Jim Delany is ridden out of Indy hanging from a cross. :mad:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-09-10, 07:14 PM
repeated for awesomeness. behold the power of our fully operational battle station.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4679504215_32a5351874_b.jpg

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 09:13 AM
Espn reporting from unnamed sources that USC will get two year post season ban. What a shame. (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5267933)

dando
06-10-10, 10:10 AM
Espn reporting from unnamed sources that USC will get two year post season ban. What a shame. (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5267933)

You forgot a loss of 20 scholarships to boot. Here's hoping the B$C yanks the championship and the Heistman folks pull the award from Bush. As a friend mentioned to me earlier today:

http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/simpsons-haha.jpg

;)

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
06-10-10, 10:26 AM
The big conferences are nothing more than the nascarization of college sports. The chase for cable TV money will ruin what little "sport" is left and there is not much left now.

Ankf00
06-10-10, 10:46 AM
USC = no-pete

dando
06-10-10, 10:46 AM
The big conferences are nothing more than the nascarization of college sports. The chase for cable TV money will ruin what little "sport" is left and there is not much left now.

@ some point the chase for TV $$$ is going to result in the straw that broke the camel's back.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
06-10-10, 11:04 AM

No doubt

If they don't go to a playoff and grab the bizzillion bucks it will reap they will instead ride this cable TV horse into the ground.

In fact I predict that the BCS will become irrelevant once the big programs consolidate into 2 or a few conferences and have their own "championship" game

Meanwhile Rutgers get #1 ranking http://scarletknights.com/football/news/release.asp?prID=9292

dando
06-10-10, 11:08 AM
In fact I predict that the BCS will become irrelevant once the big programs consolidate into 2 or a few conferences and have their own "championship" game

Mark my words....there will be a playoff sooner than later. $770m per year for March Madness and only $125m for the BC$. Do the math, it's going to happen.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
06-10-10, 11:12 AM
Mark my words....there will be a playoff sooner than later. $770m per year for March Madness and only $125m for the BC$. Do the math, it's going to happen.

-Kevin

The problem is DI schools have about a 50/50 chance of getting bowl money and a much smaller chance of reaping bucks from a 16 or 12 or the like playoff format.

Certain bucks are worth more than bigger less certain bucks. Or at least that's how the school presidents have been playing it.

dando
06-10-10, 11:57 AM
Or at least that's how the school presidents have been playing it.

But look @ what they are DOING now. Saying and doing are much different. Heck, look @ Gordon Gee, who returned as prez to The OSU, after being outspoken about the dominance of college athletics while @ Vandy. Now the show is on the other foot. Conjures up the image of Ace Ventura and ass talking. :irked:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI8/Svw1M6rpLnI/AAAAAAAAEog/a0LV0OLhX_4/s320/butt.jpg

-Kevin

dando
06-10-10, 01:02 PM
Tokers make the jump to the Pac-10. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5271438)

In other news, Windmill Guy has been reportedly calling the cable co. to subscribe to the PTN. :gomer:

F Jim Delany == pwned

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 01:11 PM
Does this mean that they will move the Pacific Ocean closer to Boulder? Maybe I will take up surfing. The most unhappy folks these days are Jayhawks.

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 01:20 PM
:rofl:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/USC/USC_Empire_Destroyed.gif

Gnam
06-10-10, 01:21 PM
It means more Californians being exposed to Colorado and returning home to tell their friends and family how 'nice' it is over there. Welcome to the party, pal. :p

dando
06-10-10, 01:23 PM
Does this mean that they will move the Pacific Ocean closer to Boulder? Maybe I will take up surfing. The most unhappy folks these days are Jayhawks.

This will happen shortly once Cali either becomes and island or just disappears into the Pacific Ocean. If I were you I'd get the surf board now. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 01:24 PM
It means more Californians being exposed to Colorado and returning home to tell their friends and family how 'nice' it is over there. Welcome to the party, pal. :pToo late. Tens of thousands of immigrants from Cali have been pouring across our borders every year. :D

Ankf00
06-10-10, 01:27 PM
Hi, coolhand.

:wave:

Ankf00
06-10-10, 01:29 PM

-Kevin

770M/yr for the NCAA.

125M/yr for the BCS schools themselves straight into their pocket.

dando
06-10-10, 01:31 PM
770M/yr for the NCAA.

125M/yr for the BCS schools themselves straight into their pocket.

Right, but a playoff will garner more jack than the current BC$...and also why I contend the super conferences will ultimately take over March Madness. Pigs @ the trough.

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-10-10, 01:31 PM
Too late. Tens of thousands of immigrants from Cali have been pouring across our borders every year. :D

Austin is a horrid, horrid, humid place where alligators roam freely in the streets devouring children and coyotes stalk the suburbs in packs assaulting adults with impunity.

Denver? Rainbows, sunshine, and unicorns baby.

dando
06-10-10, 01:33 PM
Austin is a horrid, horrid, humid place where alligators roam freely in the streets devouring children and coyotes stalk the suburbs in packs assaulting adults with impunity.

Denver? Rainbows, sunshine, and unicorns baby.

Both are Hippie Central, which is why Windmill Guy fits right in to Denver. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 01:35 PM
Denver in June:

http://www.lucubus.com/thedailyhey/030322-snow.jpg

Napoleon
06-10-10, 01:46 PM
Denver in June:

Are you sure that is not Cleveland in April?

Ankf00
06-10-10, 03:51 PM
Denver in June:

about as factual as Mizzou: "We're committed to the B12" :laugh:

also Chip Brown just said that an AD told him today that if B12 tried surviving, the member schools were going to vote to kick out Mizzou :laugh:

Ankf00
06-10-10, 04:25 PM
jesus, go read that NCAA report, they rip USC to shreds.

SC, tell me how my ass taste!

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 04:41 PM
link to ncaa report (http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaahome?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/ncaa/ncaa/ncaa+news/ncaa+news+online/2010/division+i/bowl+ban+among+penalties+for+southern+california)

dando
06-10-10, 04:47 PM
Report on the local sports talk show is that Texas and A&M are headed to Big 10+1.

Bob Baptist BBaptistHoops

RT @ChipBrownOB: There's a Kansas City TV report saying Texas and A&M to the Big Ten. That would be news to those schools.

YMMV. :confused:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 04:53 PM
queing up the exploding death star pic ..... :D

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 04:54 PM
jesus, go read that NCAA report, they rip USC to shreds.

SC, tell me how my ass taste!I have skimmed it. Absolutely brutal. I'm not saying this isn't the norm around big time college sports, but the level of slime is hard to believe.

dando
06-10-10, 04:59 PM
I have skimmed it. Absolutely brutal. I'm not saying this isn't the norm around big time college sports, but the level of slime is not hard to believe.

Fixerated. :gomer: :shakehead

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 05:05 PM
pac 11 (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/06/10/pac10_commish_m.html)

In a teleconference Thursday, Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott said that his conference won’t necessarily pluck any other Big 12 schools besides Colorado, which announced this afternoon that it was leaving.

“I’d say that (having an 11-team conference) is a possibility,” Scott said.

He also said that no assurances and that no invitations have been issued to any other Big 12 schools, including Texas and Texas A&M, whose athletic directors met on Thursday in Austin to discuss their future.

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 05:06 PM
Chip Brown ----> :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dando
06-10-10, 05:09 PM
Got damn this game of musical chairs is fun. *popcorn* :laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-10-10, 05:27 PM
Chip Brown ----> :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

if you actually believe that, I 100% believe you went to tOSU.

pac10 #2 is old big12 #1 and chip's buddy, no chance in hell any other person has been his source throughout all this.

pac 11 = their 2 expansion plans were either superburrito conf w/ CU, or CU + Utah. Either way, brings in CU regardless & eliminates Baylor politics. everyone's moves started happening after Chip leaked the original story. Smoke, fire.

everything hinges on what UT and A&M decided today at their 11:30 meeting. OSU, OU, Tech waiting on that.

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 05:38 PM
Maybe ole Chip is being played. Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.

Ankf00
06-10-10, 05:42 PM
UT ath dept did that to him in '08 when he leaked that UT was going to beat OU in final BCS rankings so as to play in B12 title game w/ 3 way tiebreaker 10 minutes before the actual rankings came out supposedly

leaked fake info to put him in his place.

CU only doesn't even pass smell test, P10 already announced their 2 expansion options, plus adding CU who was stripped of scholarships just yesterday doesn't buy P10 anything in the way of new TV contract which is the goal

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 05:48 PM
I love the way that unknown bloggers are kicking ESPN's rear on this story.

Ankf00
06-10-10, 06:12 PM
not too unknown, used to be UT beat writer for Dallas Morning news.

best connected UT writer out there, and that's despite the chief columnists at the DMN and Houston Chron being UT comms grads. Unfortunately sold his soul to Geoff Ketchum's orangebloods.com, enemy #1 w/in Belmont Hall and doucebag extraordinaire.

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 06:45 PM
Bush's statement:

“I have a great love for the University of Southern California and I very much regret the turn that this matter has taken, not only for USC, but for the fans and players,” it read. “I am disappointed by today’s decision and disagree with the NCAA’s findings. If the University decides to appeal, I will continue to cooperate with the NCAA and USC, as I did during the investigation. In the meantime, I will continue to focus on making a positive impact for the University and for the community where I live.”

link (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-uscpenalties061010)

Pretty sure he wrote that himself.

Ankf00
06-10-10, 07:39 PM
a buddy who posts at my ut joint

It's very interesting that Bellmont's mouthpieces are being very unequivocal that we're not going to the Big Ten. Chip Brown's leaving himself no wiggle room at all.

That tells me we're definitely going to the Big Ten.

:D

Gnam
06-10-10, 08:07 PM
With all of USC's 2004 victories vacated...
Say hello to the 2004 Pac-10 Champions & probable Rose Bowl champs!!! :D:thumbup:

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4383/calfootball.jpg

WickerBill
06-10-10, 08:58 PM
All the talk about Mizzou joining the Big 10 -- is there a reason I can't figure out why the Big 10 would want them over Kansas? Proximity obviously doesn't matter anymore.

Don Quixote
06-10-10, 09:23 PM
All the talk about Mizzou joining the Big 10 -- is there a reason I can't figure out why the Big 10 would want them over Kansas? Proximity obviously doesn't matter anymore.My understanding is that they wanted the St Louis TV market. But what do I know?

dando
06-10-10, 09:31 PM
All the talk about Mizzou joining the Big 10 -- is there a reason I can't figure out why the Big 10 would want them over Kansas? Proximity obviously doesn't matter anymore.

It's the addition of the TV market and the fact that they are AAU accredited (http://www.answers.com/topic/association-of-american-universities) (unlike TX Tech).

Me thinks that since only CU and Big Red N have only fallen, more shenanigans may be happening behind the curtain. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
06-10-10, 10:13 PM
This **** makes college football as much fun to follow as open wheel racing. :gomer:

Ankf00
06-10-10, 11:53 PM

w/ an in-state school, comcast (50% BTN owner) gets to force BTN onto basic cable package, which means every cable household in StL and KC is now a sales channel for Big Ten

Ankf00
06-11-10, 12:05 AM
RTbc98uqofI

dando
06-11-10, 10:01 AM
comcast (50% BTN owner)

Fox owns 49% and the Big 10+1 the other half, yo. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ten_Network) Fox is also trying to create the PTN, showing that they are a good corporate partner. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-11-10, 01:22 PM
The coaches — along with USC Athletic Director Mike Garrett — appeared at a Northern California Trojans Club function just hours after learning from the NCAA what penalties they'll be dealing with for the next few years.

Garrett wasn't at all contrite.

"As I read the decision by the NCAA," he told the group, "… I read between the lines and there was nothing but a lot of envy. They wish they all were Trojans."

Later, he added: "Today I got a purpose for really wanting to dominate for another 10 years."

they're as arrogant as SMU was. can't wait for their next round of sanctions in 3 years. too bad NCAA won't use the death penalty again

Ankf00
06-11-10, 01:55 PM
schadjoe

Larry Scott: "I've been authorized to pursue other opportunities. A lot depends on what happens elsewhere."

as I said, CU+Utah, or CU+B12S-BU