PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh........Tar Trouble

Methanolandbrats
03-07-10, 04:04 PM
in the cab race.

Elmo T
03-07-10, 04:25 PM
Lots of aluminum visible too - and not the first time this season.

I forgot to add - Lots of commercials for innnn-surance.

EDwardo
03-07-10, 04:48 PM
Timely phantom "debris" caution, which they didn't even bother to "show".

Methanolandbrats
03-07-10, 06:01 PM
Edwards is a douchebag

trish
03-07-10, 06:08 PM
GWC #2 coming up

trish
03-07-10, 06:18 PM
Was it DW who compared this race to the Indy 500? :laugh:

cameraman
03-07-10, 06:26 PM
This is the first cab race I've seen in over a decade. Spinning somebody on purpose on a track like that? Edwards should be parked forever for that kind of crap.

If I wasn't sick & essentially immobile I wouldn't have watched & I don't foresee watching any more:shakehead

Elmo T
03-07-10, 07:42 PM
This is the first cab race I've seen in over a decade. Spinning somebody on purpose on a track like that? Edwards should be parked forever for that kind of crap.

Apparently, you just don't get it. :rolleyes:;)

"It's time for us to allow the drivers to drive," France said. "We don't want the rules and regulations to get in the way of great racing and fantastic finishes.

"NASCAR is a contact sport. Our history is based on banging fenders."
(http://www.thestate.com/2010/03/05/1186917/nascar-trying-to-get-excitement.html?RSS=sports)

And this gem:

"Have at it, boys, and have a good time," NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said of the policy shift.

dando
03-07-10, 08:12 PM
Great nap. Did miss anything? :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
03-07-10, 08:16 PM
Considering Edwards was already in the NASCAR hauler before the race ended, I have a feeling he's going to feel some NASCAR justice on this one:

He was 150-something laps down when he took out Kesolowski. If they were racing for position, it might just be swept under the 'rubbin is racin' credo.
He basically said "I intentionally spun him out." to Fox during his post-race interview.
He was incredibly lucky that Kesolowski's car bounced when it did and didn't hit the fence. We'd be having a completely different conversation if that happened.

opinionated ow
03-07-10, 08:21 PM
Considering Edwards was already in the NASCAR trailer before the race ended, I have a feeling he's going to feel some NASCAR justice on this one:

Fixed it for you :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
03-07-10, 09:06 PM
Great nap. Did miss anything? :gomer:

-Kevin
Just the best drivers in the World drivin' their guts out.:gomer:

NismoZ
03-08-10, 12:06 PM
Just getting what they wished for, right? That was EXACTLY what the organization and the "true":rolleyes: fans want. Excitement, action, good guys and bad guys, high-fives and drunken WOO-hahs in the stands and LOTS of press. The plan is succeeding quite well by my estimation. I wish Mark Martin would quit TODAY and send the only meaningful message I can think of. All those empty seats this year hasn't made much of an impression...yet. My suggestion would be to move anyone in rows 1-15 further up, save a few lives and give the sensation of a sellout, then run video advertising all around the bottom. Someone ought to pen a song, "The Day The Racing Died." Feel free to bitch me out if I ever again pay attention to ****CAR on this site! Out.

Fio1
03-08-10, 12:59 PM
If it wasn't for Kesolowski landing on safety wall, he might have been injured in that wreck. They need to park Carl Edwards for a race and DQ him from this race. Put him well behind in the points race. Completely lost respect for that d-bag! :thumdown::shakehead

Methanolandbrats
03-08-10, 01:08 PM
If it wasn't for Kesolowski landing on safety wall, he might have been injured in that wreck. They need to park Carl Edwards for a race and DQ him from this race. Put him well behind in the points race. Completely lost respect for that d-bag! :thumdown::shakehead
Yup, the A-pillar folded on the safer barrier, good thing it was not the top of the wall. Dumbass Edwards is lucky he did'nt kill Keslowski and/or punt the car into the stands.

SteveH
03-08-10, 02:31 PM
He's also lucky there wasn't a pack of 20 cars behind them when he punted him. Otherwise there'd be about 10 other drivers ready to do the same to Edwards at the next race.

Gnam
03-08-10, 03:08 PM
Tarnation, son!

dSyQaYvRtII

oddlycalm
03-08-10, 04:03 PM
Just getting what they wished for, right? That was EXACTLY what the organization and the "true":rolleyes: fans want. Excitement, action, good guys and bad guys, high-fives and drunken WOO-hahs in the stands and LOTS of press.
Yup, and they've got a guy that was laps off the pace admitting to intentionally wrecking a car on the lead lap so now their blowhard chest thumping policy is getting put to the credibility test. If they allow it to pass, and someone subsequently gets killed (driver or spectator), they are going to face epic liability exposure. If they don't allow it to pass they reveal their new policy as the blathering of blowhards.

The bourbon belching barking idiot association is going to get forced into defining very specifically what is and is not acceptable, which is the very last thing they want. :gomer: :laugh:

oc

Indy
03-08-10, 08:56 PM
Jeebus, NASCAR is ****. They are really freaking lucky that guy walked away from that. Those cars fly worse than crapwagons.

Sean Malone
03-08-10, 10:02 PM
Yup, and they've got a guy that was laps off the pace admitting to intentionally wrecking a car on the lead lap so now their blowhard chest thumping policy is getting put to the credibility test. If they allow it to pass, and someone subsequently gets killed (driver or spectator), they are going to face epic liability exposure. If they don't allow it to pass they reveal their new policy as the blathering of blowhards.

The bourbon belching barking idiot association is going to get forced into defining very specifically what is and is not acceptable, which is the very last thing they want. :gomer: :laugh:

oc

Racing 'entertainment' pandering to the ebb and flow of tv ratings. Nothing new for NASCAR. :shakehead

grungex
03-08-10, 10:22 PM
Would somebody please stuff a brick into Larry Mac's ignorant piehole? Jeebus, what a self-important ignoramus...

Methanolandbrats
03-08-10, 10:24 PM
Would somebody please stuff a brick into Larry Mac's ignorant piehole? Jeebus, what a self-important ignoramus...
He sounds like Winston Churchill compared to Kenny Wallace's blabbering.....he's a certified dumbass.

grungex
03-08-10, 10:26 PM
Let us not forget ol' boogity-boi... :yuck:

opinionated ow
03-08-10, 10:30 PM
And this is why this current obsession with racing as entertainment is dangerous. Motor racing is a sport and must promote itself as a sport not as some form of entertainment like a concert. People don't go to watch baseball or gridiron for the "show" they go to watch the game, the sport is doing the entertaining not the other way round.

Methanolandbrats
03-08-10, 10:33 PM
Let us not forget ol' boogity-boi... :yuck:
I like DW. I know he's disgusted with this crap, but he's too polite to say it. He's old school like the real Earnhardt.

grungex
03-08-10, 10:36 PM
I think he's a worse shill than Defender-of-the-IRL -- it doesn't matter what NASCAR does, he'll find a way to lap it up. YMMV, of course...

Methanolandbrats
03-08-10, 10:46 PM
I think he's a worse shill than Defender-of-the-IRL -- it doesn't matter what NASCAR does, he'll find a way to lap it up. YMMV, of course...
He's a long way from that bad. He has been critical of the car of tomorrow since the beginning and he's one of the last good ol' boys from the days when NASCAR didn't suck.

SteveH
03-08-10, 11:21 PM
I like DW. I know he's disgusted with this crap, but he's too polite to say it. He's old school like the real Earnhardt.

His good ol boy corn attitude gets old after awhile, usually on the warm up laps. NASCAR would do well to replace him and avoide the stereotype that DW perpetuates.

Michaelhatesfans
03-09-10, 01:40 AM

oc

All true.

Yet, rest assured, they will use the video of what some would consider to be borderline manslaughter to promote the next race.:shakehead

Don Quixote
03-09-10, 10:17 AM
All true.

Yet, rest assured, they will use the video of what some would consider to be borderline manslaughter to promote the next race.:shakehead Yep. I find myself watching 30 minutes of a NASCAR race every once in a while, usually to see how JPM is doing. This kind of crap, along with the princess promo crap, is keeping me completely away this year.

eiregosod
03-09-10, 11:54 AM
NASCAR needs Dee-Dubya types to hold onto the tradition ever since they embrased corporate shillbaggery that would make Paul Harvey RIP turn in his grave.

dando
03-09-10, 01:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4979018

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- NASCAR will not suspend Carl Edwards for intentionally wrecking Brad Keselowski's car during last weekend's race at Atlanta, according to a person familiar with NASCAR's discussions.

:shakehead :saywhat: :thumdown:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
03-09-10, 01:39 PM
I see NASCAR is taking lessons from the NHL when it comes to disciplining for bad behavior. Star power = reasonably free ride in terms of punishment for serious offenses. :rolleyes:

ETA: Cousin Carl was put on double secret probation for three races.

Andrew Longman
03-09-10, 03:54 PM
According to one news report I read Atlanta will almost certainly lose one race (to Kentucky) next year because of the bare aluminum. Shame. It is one of the few remaining good tracks.

I've said it before, and I deeply hope I am wrong, but I am convinced that one of these 3400# "race cars" is going to wind up in the stands and NASCAR (and perhaps racing in general -- or at least on ovals) will never recover. To me that is far more of a concern than if drivers settle matters themselves.

indyfan31
03-09-10, 03:59 PM
Fine, I'll say if no one else will: Keslowski had it comin'. So there.:p

oddlycalm
03-09-10, 06:00 PM
I've said it before, and I deeply hope I am wrong, but I am convinced that one of these 3400# "race cars" is going to wind up in the stands and NASCAR (and perhaps racing in general -- or at least on ovals) will never recover. To me that is far more of a concern than if drivers settle matters themselves.
NASCAR management seems to think they exist in some kind of magic bubble where the normal forces of nature don't apply. Like you, I'm afraid that when reality finally confronts them in a big way that it will drive a nail in all racing.

In the old days Edwards would have gotten a beat down in the pits after the race. I can see Cale Yarborough readjusting his teeth for him. This is 2010 and the beat down isn't going to happen.

oc

FTG
03-09-10, 07:46 PM
You liberals have already destroyed my country. Don't destroy my racin. We don't need no regulashuns. Self policing works.

Elmo T
03-09-10, 07:54 PM
I saw this on a friend's Facebook post -

Is it wrong to be excited about NASCAR letting the drivers "police themselves"? This is Darwinism at its best, not only for NASCAR drivers, but for the fans of NASCAR too.

jcollins28
03-10-10, 12:41 AM

Points don't matter at this point anyways. Like that team would not be able to work up to the 12th or 15th spot for the chase or playoff's or what ever crap they call that.

eiregosod
03-10-10, 10:35 AM
I saw this on a friend's Facebook post -

Is it wrong to be excited about NASCAR letting the drivers "police themselves"? This is Darwinism at its best, not only for NASCAR drivers, but for the fans of NASCAR too.

This is nothing more than rubbin's racin', race or be rubbed. Self policing that only leads to one place, revenge.

After reviewing the situation, Keselowski has gotten into other drivers before , notably Denny Hamlin as well as Carl Edwards. What Edwards did was exactly what happens when there is no referee to stop this behaviour getting out of hand. We've seen what happens after the Edwards incident, NASCAR has got to put the foot down and stop this ****, but they've got to stop it at the first incident, not wait until a car gets in the fence at 180 mph. :thumdown:

Edwards needs to be parked and Keselowski needs to be on an extended period of probation.

This, unfortunately, is nothing new in NASCAR, I recall Tony Stewart and the late Kenny Irwin intentionally getting into each other at Martinsville, ie bringing a broken car back onto the track with the sole purpose of enacting revenge. usually if there is an incident, drivers are warned by their spotters to be careful passing they wrecked earlier in the race.

TedN
03-11-10, 07:37 AM
I wonder how Edward's action fits in with the corporate culture of Scott's and Aflac? Are they busting with pride?

If sponsors begin to take a hike this might go away.

Just wondering.

Ted

manic mechanic
03-14-10, 02:20 AM
I agree that NASCAR (nee Helton) didn't hit the mark here.

If Carl weren't at fault here there wouldn't be a confession and so much VIDEO evidence. Get a clue, Carl!

KeseLOUSY has a lot of respect to gain due to his "trust fund baby" mentality on the track (courtesy of Jr Motorsports among others), and is going to get knocked around because of it.

IMHO,(sponsors be damned), Edwards should be parked for 2 races for intentionally wrecking a lead lap car when he had nothing to gain in doing so. I also think he should pay Pimpski South for a new chassis out of his own pocket for the one he intentionally wrecked.

The fine alone won't distress a driver at this level ($5-8M/yr), but coming up 150 points short of the chase because he made a stupid/immature choice early on might just help him as a person, too.

JM2c....

manic