PDA

View Full Version : IRL Lamestream Media Article

NismoZ
03-05-10, 11:35 AM
Wow. The most I've seen written on The League...maybe EVER in the newspaper. All about the new venue in Sao Paulo and the loooong straightaway and even photos of the Sambadrome. I thought one graphic here showed a chicane stuck in there? Maybe 5-7 Brazillions, (who is Bia Figueiredo?) 5 women(?) a full season schedule and a note that Michael Andretti has just signed soon-to-be USF2000 sensation, 15 yr. old Sage Karam!:confused: Huh, 4 road courses, 5 streets and 8 ovals. I can remember when I was actually HOPING for something along those lines pending a peace treaty.:shakehead So, is ABC running the opener live and in HD & color?

stroker
03-05-10, 12:57 PM
So, is ABC running the opener live and in HD & color?

um, no. You'll get Versus and be grateful for what you've got.

TKGAngel
03-05-10, 01:51 PM
um, no. You'll get Versus and be grateful for what you've got.

*DirectTV subscribers need not apply.

I read on Jayski the other day that Graham is now looking towards NASCAR and other venues. It's a damn shame that talent (let alone a marketers dream talent) is being set adrift because they can't bring a big check.

NismoZ
03-05-10, 02:16 PM
This just in (speaking of talent) A 5th Indy chassis hopeful, BAT Engineering has entered the competition. Ashmore, Mertens and Wardrop (of Lola & Reynard, Galmer and G-Force) have submitted a plan designed for "wheel banging and kerb-hopping." Uh-oh. No open wheels, (except on top) will be the order of the day I think, no matter who wins. REALLY stout front wings and aero nerf bars?

cameraman
03-05-10, 02:20 PM
Sounds like Silver Crown. :shakehead

Elmo T
03-05-10, 04:22 PM
a plan designed for "wheel banging and kerb-hopping." Uh-oh. No open wheels, (except on top) will be the order of the day I think, no matter who wins. REALLY stout front wings and aero sissy bars?

Here is a spy photo my wife took a couple years ago - My son and I got a test drive in the two-seater version:

http://i50.tinypic.com/rvk552.jpg

stroker
03-05-10, 07:46 PM
Sounds like Silver Crown. :shakehead

Dude, Silver Crown would be a significant step UP at this point as far as I'm concerned...

Steve99
03-05-10, 08:03 PM
Maybe those people who came up with the "new" Silver Crown speedway cars should put in a bid.

pchall
03-05-10, 10:12 PM
I'd pay to watch Oswego super mods on that dirt.

opinionated ow
03-06-10, 01:40 AM
I'd pay to watch Oswego super mods on that dirt.

Just make the big block super modifieds the indycars. They're cheap to build, look great, sound great and race great. A non offset one would be interesting on a racetrack.

NismoZ
03-06-10, 09:42 AM
You just don't get it, do you? This is all about technology, innovation, new age, out of the box, sky's the limit, over the top, forward thinking, space age engineering! So...do you think those on-center supermods would be injected or carburated?;)