PDA

View Full Version : WC2010

Pages : [1] 2 3

WickerBill
03-05-10, 09:58 AM
97 days, 8 hours, 2 minutes, 51 seconds!

Spain the favorites? How far will England go? John Terry/Wayne Bridge! Landycakes!

pchall
03-05-10, 10:19 AM
Canada vs. USA final. Hockey on grass for warm climates grudge match. :p

ChampcarShark
03-05-10, 01:12 PM
It is usually Europe for the europeans, America for the americans.

So I would say the favorite is Spain all the way.

I think the USA deserves to be in the finals, they have come a long way

Ankf00
03-05-10, 01:50 PM
we should make the round of 16. with our injuries and lack of chemistry I don't see us going any further

TrueBrit
03-05-10, 03:01 PM
England and the US advance from the first round. England go further, the US doesn't.

Eventual winner? Don't know. I know who I want to win, and I do know who I don't...the Diving Team from Italy..Other than that, just looking forward to a great tournament..

WickerBill
03-05-10, 03:23 PM
So Brit, you'd be ok with Portugal winning?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0094/0617/ronaldo_wink_feature.jpg

;)

TrueBrit
03-05-10, 03:46 PM
So Brit, you'd be ok with Portugal winning?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0094/0617/ronaldo_wink_feature.jpg

;)

She plays for the Portugese women's team doesn't she?

WickerBill
03-08-10, 01:40 PM
it's not his fault he's pretty, right? :rolleyes:

TrueBrit
03-08-10, 02:16 PM
"Pretty" is obviously in the eye of the beholder ;)..it's the man purse, the floppy hat and the all-over body waxing that really seals the deal for me...

TravelGal
03-08-10, 11:20 PM
From today's agent briefing: :eek:

"Emirates Packaging World Cup Tickets
Emirates has been appointed as an Official Tour Operator to the World Cup being held in South Africa. The airline can carry passengers from more than 62 countries. Packages will include flights, accommodations, ground transportation and match tickets. The airline has flights into Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban via its Dubai hub. Packages start at $4,274 based on double occupancy. Packages with tickets to the final match start at $5,877. I have read that there is still hotel space left and officials are starting to worry as the numbers anticipated have not booked."

And we thought a weekend of Champ Car was expensive. :eek:

Ankf00
03-18-10, 06:42 PM
HOLLA ATCHA BOY!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5094111/

Fulham up 5-4 on aggregate vs. Juve right now.

WickerBill
03-18-10, 07:53 PM
HOLLA ATCHA BOY!

DEMPSEY!! What a chip.

dirtyboy
03-18-10, 09:53 PM
I'm heading to South Africa for the World Cup. Flying through Dubai, but not part of the package. I'll be following the US team and hopefully I'll see a win this time. Even without the travel package I'm still paying a ton. Oh well, its worth it for me.

Ed_Severson
03-18-10, 10:46 PM
HOLLA ATCHA BOY!

Gorgeous strike. Time to bust out the old Dempsey jersey again!

<crazytalk>With everyone healthy, there's no reason the USA can't get to the last 8. Getting beyond that will be tough, but they should get out of group stage and have a legit shot at winning one in the knockout rounds, depending on the draw. In all likelihood we'd get Germany, which would be a tough task, but if Ghana pull a surprise and win Group D, I think the US would matchup better against them.</crazytalk> We could just as easily skunk out at group stage.

In the long haul, though, there really are only about 7 clubs that should be mentioned in serious discussion. Germany will be a factor, but don't have the necessary punch at striker. Italy are too old. England are, well, English. Netherlands have the talent, but are more likely to murder each other in the locker room than come together and win the tournament. Spain have loads of talent and should go deep into the tournament, but it's not on European soil, so it's difficult to choose them as winners. Brazil seem to be underrated and certainly do not play the style their successful teams of the past have depended upon. Argentina are a hot mess, but possess the best player in the world in Messi.

Assuming Spain and Argentina both win their groups, they would meet in the semis -- unfortunate, because that would probably be the best final possible. I'll take Brazil over England in one semi, Spain over Argentina in the other, and we get the Confed Cup final everyone expected -- Brazil 2, Spain 1.

chop456
04-24-10, 08:39 AM
Is EPL always on live on ESPN on Saturday mornings? Where have I been? :tony:

ManU vs. Tottenham right now.

TrueBrit
04-27-10, 10:13 AM
Is EPL always on live on ESPN on Saturday mornings? Where have I been? :tony:

ManU vs. Tottenham right now.

They started covering them after Setanta in Europe went t*ts up earlier in the year..

It's also on Fox Soccer Channel...

WickerBill
04-27-10, 04:00 PM
Somehow Setanta survived here for an extra eight months, but now they've been swallowed up by FSC. For a while, I had Prem on ESPN2, FSC, and Setanta every Saturday.

Ankf00
04-27-10, 04:47 PM
My rooting interests: Kill whitey.

:D

WickerBill
04-27-10, 10:11 PM
I honestly, other than the US, have no idea who I will be pulling for. I just can't wait to watch it though.

Ankf00
04-28-10, 01:57 AM
if england plays netherlands, I'm rooting for earthquake.

Insomniac
05-02-10, 12:16 PM
I honestly, other than the US, have no idea who I will be pulling for. I just can't wait to watch it though.

Please say it isn't because of 3D HD. :D

WickerBill
05-02-10, 03:51 PM
Please say it isn't because of 3D HD. :D

That's funnier than you know. I only can see out of one eye at a time (both of them work, long story) -- so 3D simply doesn't work for me. Everything is blurry and I get really bad headaches really quickly. As an example for dando or any other WDW people, I can't even make it through Shrunk the Audience or Philharmagic without my head nearly exploding.

Therefore, I am hoping against all hope that 3dTV goes the way of the betamax, except faster.

Insomniac
05-03-10, 08:57 AM
That's funnier than you know. I only can see out of one eye at a time (both of them work, long story) -- so 3D simply doesn't work for me. Everything is blurry and I get really bad headaches really quickly. As an example for dando or any other WDW people, I can't even make it through Shrunk the Audience or Philharmagic without my head nearly exploding.

Therefore, I am hoping against all hope that 3dTV goes the way of the betamax, except faster.

Wow, this could be an entire thread of questions. I can't see 3DTV replacing anything. I think at a minimum it will be relegated to Blu-Ray/Movies and at a maximum it will end up in use alongside regular HD for events.

On the WC topic, I always like Brazil along with the US. Does the host have a chance to make it to the Round of 16? Are they the worst ranked host ever?

ChampcarShark
05-18-10, 04:42 PM
23 days 16 hours 18 minutes and counting.

who's is your favorite to win the cup?

Spain is having a wonderful year, Brazil is rooting for youth.

I pick Spain to win.

Don Quixote
05-22-10, 03:32 PM
European Grass Hockey Cup on Fox right now.

emjaya
06-07-10, 07:47 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/nations-soccer-fan-becoming-insufferable,17553/

dando
06-11-10, 11:29 AM
Nappy:

Yes.

:p

-Kevin

Napoleon
06-11-10, 11:37 AM
Nappy:

Yes.

-Kevin

I am apparently intellectually challenged.

Don Quixote
06-11-10, 11:40 AM
I am from Cleveburg.

Fixed. :p

dando
06-11-10, 11:49 AM
Fixed. :p

You beat me to it. :D

-Kevin

ChampcarShark
06-11-10, 11:55 AM
Great first Game, 1-1 lots of excitement.

Wish all the games are played like this, but with a winner.

Ankf00
06-11-10, 12:37 PM
that shot off the post in extra time was painful.

can you imagine if mexico lost to a squad the equivalent of a leg 1 concacaf opponent? :rofl:

ChampcarShark
06-11-10, 03:02 PM
Might as well pack and head back home...

The players were nice to the host nation.

It looked like México did not want to win.

It is always touchy to play the first game, do you win and look like a villian? or loose and look weak?

Ankf00
06-11-10, 05:14 PM
the way mexico lit up Italy and others in the run up to the cup I thought they would be in the semis for sure, very cohesive, very fast, great conditioning, great touch.

haha mexico!

and haha france!

now we just need to beat england...

Ed_Severson
06-11-10, 11:50 PM
the way mexico lit up Italy and others in the run up to the cup I thought they would be in the semis for sure, very cohesive, very fast, great conditioning, great touch.

Huh?

They beat a bunch of old dudes in Italy. Big deal. They managed one goal in Mexico City against Chile, and that's the only halfway impressive performance they had. England spanked them, the Netherlands spanked them, and they didn't even score against Ecuador and Iceland.

They're lucky to have gotten a point today -- only because of lousy defending by South Africa. If they get out of the group there's no way they win a knockout match, and I think they may not get out of the group anyhow, because Uruguay legitimately could kick their ass.

Also, this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hP_HGQWd99U/SYyIsKyvN9I/AAAAAAAAA_U/Z2Vx1Msfth0/s400/fan_card.jpg

RusH
06-12-10, 02:53 PM
Argies win!!!!:D

Don Quixote
06-12-10, 03:19 PM
Wow, we'll take it. :thumbup:

dando
06-12-10, 03:22 PM
Dear Brits:

I suggest not starting this guy in goal in the future:

http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2008/07/wallace-580x580.png

:D :p

-Kevin

dando
06-12-10, 03:24 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20100612/i/r3528912671.jpg?x=400&y=227&q=85&sig=rH8oGxGHRvREcYQwEAP6RQ--

Caption: Doh!

-Kevin

RusH
06-12-10, 03:24 PM
Green will nevAr see the end of it. buh bye

nissan gtp
06-12-10, 04:33 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20100612/i/r3528912671.jpg?x=400&y=227&q=85&sig=rH8oGxGHRvREcYQwEAP6RQ--

Caption: Doh!

-Kevin

nice :rofl:

TrueBrit
06-12-10, 05:25 PM
Wow..hats off to the Yanks who played with a boatload of heart...

We should have won that by 3 or 4 goals..

Why was Heskey starting? Jamie Carragher? Really? Lennon needs to figure out how to pull the trigger, did Rooney or Lampard play in the first half?

After the inevitable gloating is done the US still has some serious problems with their defense and Howard ain't gonna stop 'em all, and if England could have figured out how to get their premiere league stars to put down their bank books and kick the stupid ball to each other things may well be different..

A thoroughly meh effort by a team that looked as though it had never played together before..

Congrats to the Yanks..you played a helluva game..well done.

TrueBrit
06-12-10, 05:27 PM
Argies win!!!!:D

'The Nose of God' wins..bfd..did he snort the goalline after the game..:irked:

dando
06-12-10, 05:40 PM
Wow..hats off to the Yanks who played with a boatload of heart...

We should have won that by 3 or 4 goals..

Why was Heskey starting? Jamie Carragher? Really? Lennon needs to figure out how to pull the trigger, did Rooney or Lampard play in the first half?

After the inevitable gloating is done the US still has some serious problems with their defense and Howard ain't gonna stop 'em all, and if England could have figured out how to get their premiere league stars to put down their bank books and kick the stupid ball to each other things may well be different..

A thoroughly meh effort by a team that looked as though it had never played together before..

Congrats to the Yanks..you played a helluva game..well done.

Brits were clearly the more talented, but not the better team.

Ruud was all over Fabio for the personnel choices, and the Brit calling the game was just merciless on Green's gaffe. Green might was well stay in SA rather than return to the UK. :gomer: :laugh:

Good game, not great by any stretch. US has a long way to go with that D. :saywhat:

-Kevin

EDwardo
06-12-10, 07:20 PM
We should have won that by 3 or 4 goals......

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/8/10/invisbltinyvio128628947565214677.jpg

TrueBrit
06-12-10, 08:17 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/8/10/invisbltinyvio128628947565214677.jpg

EDwardo
06-12-10, 09:45 PM
:twistedknickers:

http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons3/286/2862078/47_2009/fba87bb4174b370d_true-brit.jpg

Ankf00
06-13-10, 12:23 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, THE USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

USA! USA!

THE USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

dando
06-13-10, 10:02 AM
Howard might have broken ribs? :eek:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/5281241/ce/us/us-evaluate-keeper-tim-howard-rib-injury?cc=5901&ver=us

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-13-10, 10:29 AM
When the injury occurred, it looked like a problem with his wrist. :eek:

dando
06-13-10, 10:44 AM
When the injury occurred, it looked like a problem with his wrist. :eek:

That's what I thought intially as well since he broke his fall with his wrist/lower arm, but he definitely his right breast area after seeing the replay.

-Kevin

opinionated ow
06-13-10, 11:10 AM
In a perfect world New Zealand would win. I only hope for that because the Australian team are a bunch of whingers and need to be humiliated by those from over the ditch. Oceania Federation wasn't good enough for Australia so they had to move to Asia because "qualifying from Oceania is too hard for us." New Zealand stays in Oceania, does it the hard way and still qualified. Go NZ you actually DESERVE to be in the tournament.

Ed_Severson
06-13-10, 12:52 PM
In a perfect world New Zealand would win. I only hope for that because the Australian team are a bunch of whingers and need to be humiliated by those from over the ditch. Oceania Federation wasn't good enough for Australia so they had to move to Asia because "qualifying from Oceania is too hard for us." New Zealand stays in Oceania, does it the hard way and still qualified. Go NZ you actually DESERVE to be in the tournament.

You might be missing the point. Australia's complaint was that they could win qualifying from their confederation outright and still not be guaranteed a spot in the World Cup. In any other confederation in the world, that's not the case. They moved to AFC because if they win their group there, they get a guaranteed spot, and because the competition is much better preparation for the World Cup. Good for them -- they chose more difficult opponents, beat them, and earned their spot.

FIFA World rankings:

20. Australia
78. New Zealand

The All Whites earned their spot with an impressive playoff win against Bahrain, but let's not kid ourselves. They're the worst team in the field by a wide margin, with the exception of North Korea. The idea that they belong at the World Cup and Australia does not is idiotic.

dando
06-13-10, 03:15 PM
Amen.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ghUbctrzM88GqP_A_qJZppPbhjVw

OHANNESBURG — World Cup organising committee head Danny Jordaan on Sunday did not rule out banning vuvuzelas, the noisy plastic trumpets which have proved a hit with fans in South Africa but threaten to deafen players and viewers alike.

Criticism of the vuvuzelas has been almost as loud as the instruments themselves with broadcasting companies complaining the din is almost drowning out commentary.

"We've tried to get some order," said Jordaan.

"We have asked for no vuvuzelas during national anthems or during stadium announcements. I know it's a difficult question," he added, saying that "we're trying to manage the best we can.

"We heard from the broadcasters and individuals and it's something we are evaluating on an on-going base.

It's about as annoying as a group of toddlers with plastic horns. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-13-10, 04:57 PM
It's about as annoying as a group of toddlers with plastic horns. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

excessive noise?

top flight football might not be the sport for you...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs509.ash1/30077_10150202305595341_730245340_13159989_4445778 _n.jpg

australia: rented mule

dando
06-13-10, 05:44 PM
excessive noise?

top flight football might not be the sport for you...

As the article mentioned, let them chant.

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-13-10, 06:21 PM
or let football fans do what they always do at major events the way it should be

Don Quixote
06-13-10, 08:59 PM
I draw the line at urine bombs.

Ankf00
06-13-10, 10:13 PM
why the hate for mexico's most storied tradition? :gomer:

WickerBill
06-14-10, 08:41 AM
TrueBrit: Carragher was fortunate not to see red, don't you think?

Everyone knows Terry is slow, but he looks like a lightning bolt compared to Carragher. England are going to have to get faster at the back to win.

The critique of Beckham for England has long been "Lennon walks faster than Beckham runs", but at least the guy can pass. Lennon's end product was (and nearly always has been) horrid.

Bottom line, if speed is so important to England on the wing, it should be more of a focus at the back...

TrueBrit
06-14-10, 09:30 AM
Carragher was lucky not to have a grabber out there...he looked massively out of shape..

The bottom, bottom line is that Gerard, Lampard, Rooney and Cole are going to have to figure out how to play together or this will be a shorter tournament than most predict..

Napoleon
06-14-10, 10:05 AM
Interesting story on soccer on TV in the US, particularly how viewership has been slowly increasing:

For ESPN and Univision, the U.S. Is a Soccer Country (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/sports/soccer/08sandomir.html?adxnnl=1&src=mv&adxnnlx=1276369274-vkL71CjQF3nSir2fW8Gcmw)

dando
06-14-10, 10:11 AM
or let football fans do what they always do at major events the way it should be

Needs more cowbell.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100607/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_soccer_world_vuvuzela

:gomer:

EDIT: Those horn thingies remind my of the 17-year cicadas we have in the midwest (and just experienced ~5 years ago):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada

:saywhat:

EDIT 2:

084BPuOgzVM

:irked:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
06-14-10, 10:35 AM
That's what I thought intially as well since he broke his fall with his wrist/lower arm, but he definitely his right breast area after seeing the replay.

-Kevin

A soccer player hurt his "breast", that figures, did he flop on it?

dando
06-14-10, 10:49 AM
A soccer player hurt his "breast", that figures, did he flop on it?

Lemme drive a cleat into and see how you react. :saywhat: That was hardly a typical soccer flop/dive.

-Kevin

TrueBrit
06-14-10, 11:46 AM
Lemme drive a cleat into and see how you react. :saywhat: That was hardly a typical soccer flop/dive.

-Kevin

Very few dives/flops so far, but then again the Italians haven't played a game yet...

dando
06-14-10, 12:04 PM
Very few dives/flops so far, but then again the Italians haven't played a game yet...

Heskey had a pretty good one Sat...he rolled around for a bit while the Brits were on the attack, looked around and then got up on his own. :saywhat: Otherwise it has been fairly clean from what I've watched (which is little other than the Draw Heard Around the World :D).

-Kevin

TrueBrit
06-14-10, 12:13 PM
Heskey had a pretty good one Sat...he rolled around for a bit while the Brits were on the attack, looked around and then got up on his own. :saywhat: Otherwise it has been fairly clean from what I've watched (which is little other than the Draw Heard Around the World :D).

-Kevin

Look, I hate to be pedantic, but the USA didn't play "The Brits" on saturday. They played England. If it were a British team we would have lost, and blamed the Scotsmen/Welshmen on the team...

Kinda like Andy Murray. When he wins he makes the British very proud. When he loses it's because the Scottish git didn't play hard enough..;):D

dando
06-14-10, 12:41 PM
Look, I hate to be pedantic, but the USA didn't play "The Brits" on saturday. They played England. If it were a British team we would have lost, and blamed the Scotsmen/Welshmen on the team...

Brits. :p :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-14-10, 12:54 PM

Kinda like Andy Murray. When he wins he makes the British very proud. When he loses it's because the Scottish git didn't play hard enough..;):D

you're all a buncha limey redcoats.:mad:

G.
06-14-10, 01:18 PM
Speaking of Brits, British Petroleum fails on another attempt to stop the leak.

http://i.imgur.com/c30py.png

TrueBrit
06-14-10, 01:22 PM
you're all a buncha limey redcoats.:mad:

TrueBrit
06-14-10, 01:26 PM
Speaking of Brits, British Petroleum fails on another attempt to stop the leak.

http://i.imgur.com/c30py.png

That is so unfunny on so many levels..:shakehead

TrueBrit
06-14-10, 01:30 PM
Brits. :p :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
06-14-10, 01:33 PM

Now, now, TB...you can take solace in The Chin getting passed on the last lap yesterday and dropping out of the top ten. ;)

-Kevin

Napoleon
06-14-10, 01:34 PM
51BQfPeSK8k

TrueBrit
06-14-10, 01:53 PM
Now, now, TB...you can take solace in The Chin getting passed on the last lap yesterday and dropping out of the top ten. ;)

-Kevin

I'm actually happier that it was finally publicly acknowledged that he is a dirty, cheating, chopping, pointy-chinned bastard...:)

Insomniac
06-14-10, 11:50 PM
WUnU3B6WsJ4

Insomniac
06-14-10, 11:54 PM

-Kevin

There was a loose ball in the goal area in the 36th minute. A passive goalkeeper lets his D take responsibility for it, and if the defense comes up short, well, the keeper can always say, "Not my fault.'' Howard, at 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds, sprinted toward the ball and dove headlong for it, just as Heskey slid in, cleanly, for the ball at the same time. Three things happened at exactly the same time: Howard managed to punch it away with his right hand, Howard's shoulder subluxed and he immediately cried out in pain, and Heskey's cleat hit the keeper's upper right rib area.

Imagine what happened in that one-second span of time. Howard got spiked in the upper ribs by a sliding tackle from a 190-pound striker coming at full speed and, his upper arm bone popped out of the shoulder socket (apparently, from replays), and Howard made a goal-saving save.
Peter King covering the other football (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/soccer/world-cup-2010/writers/peter_king/06/13/wc.thoughts/index.html).

JoeBob
06-15-10, 12:03 AM
One of the fun comparisons of this World Cup is this:
World Cup vs Stanley Cup.

Football < Hockey

dando
06-16-10, 11:53 AM
Swiss > Spain :eek:

-Kevin

WickerBill
06-16-10, 01:35 PM
Swiss > Spain :eek:

-Kevin

That is so fantastic. France, Greece, England, Italy, and Spain all drew or lost their openers.

Ankf00
06-16-10, 01:43 PM
go pocket knives!

ChampcarShark
06-17-10, 08:22 PM
Way to go Mexico,

Mexico 2 France 0.

First surprise Spain looses match.

WickerBill
06-18-10, 10:55 AM
Halftime thoughts:

- :mad:

- The US should consider actually playing in the second half

- I should consider finding a second team now; I thought I had until the next round to figure that out.

Don Quixote
06-18-10, 10:59 AM
Just dreadful.

TrueBrit
06-18-10, 11:11 AM
Wow! Serbia over the Germans...Plus Klose out for the Ghana game..Serbia looking to go through as the number one from this group..

Slovenia looking to clinch a berth today..England only need 4 points to go through...(watch the dozy buggers tie/lose to Algeria now...)...

This WC is starting to get interesting..

(Still think the USA can make it interesting in the 2nd half....)

chop456
06-18-10, 11:43 AM
Refs. :shakehead

That one call may cost the group.

dando
06-18-10, 11:46 AM
Refs. :shakehead

That one call may cost the group.

Blatant. Incompetence. :flame: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-18-10, 11:55 AM
how'd the refs from the Lakers game fly halfway across the world in time?

chop456
06-18-10, 12:55 PM
He's probably employed by the FIA.

The more I watch it, the more pissed I get. He shouldn't be allowed to ref a pickup game for the rest of his life.

dando
06-18-10, 01:04 PM

The more I watch it, the more pissed I get. He shouldn't be allowed to ref a pickup game for the rest of his life.

Supposedly called a foul on the play? WTF?!? There should have been a penalty called on Slovenia for a penalty kick. As Alexi said, the ref was a disgrace. :irked: :flame: x11 <insert Carlin's 7 dirty words here>

-Kevin

TravelGal
06-18-10, 03:30 PM

TravelGuy said almost the exact same words. It's absurd, just absurd that a sport that makes stratospheric amounts of money can't get A) decent refs or B) enough to cover the field competently.

High Sided
06-18-10, 03:49 PM
"You have to wonder why FIFA lets referees from less-established soccer countries work in the sport’s most important games."
http://worldcup.si.com/2010/06/18/united-states-2-slovenia-2/?eref=sihp

Don Quixote
06-18-10, 04:34 PM
Seriously, isn't it possible that the ref is on the take. Its either that or unbelievable incompatence, right? That has to be one of the worst calls I have ever seen in my life in any sport.

Ankf00
06-18-10, 04:58 PM
eh, seen plenty of calls like that in top flight football.

still a complete travesty every time it happens, but not that uncommon

Don Quixote
06-18-10, 05:05 PM
So you are saying top flight fb is like boxing? :D

dando
06-18-10, 06:06 PM
Brits draw vs Algeria. :rofl: :p

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-18-10, 08:02 PM
how'd the refs from the Lakers game fly halfway across the world in time?

:rofl:

TrueBrit
06-18-10, 08:46 PM
Brits draw vs Algeria. :rofl: :p

-Kevin

That was without doubt the most pathetic and embarassing display of football I have ever seen..I highly doubt that they will be able to pull it together against Slovenia on Wednesday and will thoroughly deserve it if they fail to move on..

There is absolutely no reason on earth why a team with this much talent shouldn't have 2 wins in the bag and be thinking about whom to rest in the third match...

There is no passion, no cohesion, no control, no fire, no nothing...it's as though they've never played together before..

As an England fan I am beyond pissed..