PDA

View Full Version : Talented lady in IRL

opinionated ow
03-02-10, 03:22 AM
Confirmed via facebook, Simona will be in the 2010 IRL. Gooooooooooooo Simona!

oddlycalm
03-02-10, 05:42 AM
Can't even tell you how much I want her to whup up on Princess Sparklepony. We might actually discover some shame in the media if a young rookie of the female persuasion were able to best her on a regular basis.

oc

G.
03-02-10, 10:08 AM
I agree oc, but please do temper your expectations with a healthy dose of WGAF, as anything to do with the leegue will certainly underwhelm. :D

pchall
03-02-10, 10:22 AM
We might actually discover some shame in the media if a young rookie of the female persuasion were able to best her on a regular basis.

Nah. The press never finds integrity in matters where it is obvious that they have been paid and played as suckers. Danica in the IRL will just drop from the radar of the national press if she keeps losing there. The media circus will resume with her NASCAR effort again in June.

NismoZ
03-02-10, 11:59 AM
All the BEST in '010http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae161/dlh4646/100_2812-1.jpg

Hard Driver
03-03-10, 03:19 PM
What, no bikini picks..

Come on, if you are female, and want fame, you have to have bikini pics like Danica or Olympic Skier Lindsey Vonn.

Methanolandbrats
03-03-10, 03:27 PM
What, no bikini picks..

Come on, if you are female, and want fame, you have to have bikini pics like Danica or Olympic Skier Lindsey Vonn. First one is a wanna be whore and the second is a whiny prima donna. Hopefully Simona will just drive the car.

opinionated ow
03-03-10, 07:05 PM
First one is a wanna be whore and the second is a whiny prima donna. Hopefully Simona will just drive the car.

:thumbup: Any driver that conveys the level of excitement that she does on Facebook of all places will just do that.

gerhard911
03-03-10, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately the Kleege seems to suck the talent right out of anyone and everyone in the vicinity...

High Sided
03-03-10, 08:42 PM
actually Ana Beatriz is who i'm looking forward to giving Danicle a spanking at the season opener!
http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=129169&newlang=&topic=10&catid=0

http://www.indycar.com/drivers/show/55-izod-indycar-series/3693-ana-beatriz/

mapguy
03-04-10, 12:22 AM
At least Simona has boobs. :thumbup:

NismoZ
03-04-10, 10:32 AM
Stop it, RIGHT now! (I know an Aussie who will kick your ass!;))

Fio1
03-04-10, 01:50 PM
Indy Car is turning into CART during the final years; a bunch of guy & girls with various back grounds buying there way in for 1 or 2 seasons max and then disappearing off the radar. Just went people start caring about drivers and they start getting results, the money runs out and they lose their rides. Some examples: Legge, Clarke, Ranger, Moraes, Rahal, Bernoldi, etc. How long is the Swiss Miss, Viso & Romancini going to last for? For the last 10-years it seems like there is an ever revolving list of South Americans with a ton of money. Too bad only Vitor Meira lasted more then 5 seasons. By looking at the Indy Lights grid, it seems like that trend will keep going for years to come.

I wonder how this series will look like once Ganassi & Penske bail out....:shakehead

SteveH
03-04-10, 03:17 PM
Milka in for a full season at Coyne

Methanolandbrats
03-04-10, 03:37 PM
:yuck:

opinionated ow
03-04-10, 06:18 PM
At least Simona has boobs. :thumbup:

Stop it, RIGHT now! (I know an Aussie who will kick your ass!;))

Yeah he's right, watch it. :p

Elmo T
03-04-10, 06:33 PM

Maybe it is the snow or some sort of mid-winter delirium, but as the father of a 9yo daughter/racing fan - I'd much prefer her be a fan of Sarah Fisher as opposed to Milka/Danica.

Maybe Fisher lacks the pure talent of some of the other women working their way through open wheel racing, but she is still there working away. Of all the women, she seems to epitomize the racer of old, scraping together the cash, racing when you can, no excessive glitz, - just a racer trying to keep it all together.

At least for me, she gets more respect than those other two combined and many of the male drivers.

YMMV.

opinionated ow
03-04-10, 06:50 PM
Maybe it is the snow or some sort of mid-winter delirium, but as the father of a 9yo daughter/racing fan - I'd much prefer her be a fan of Sarah Fisher as opposed to Milka/Danica.

Maybe Fisher lacks the pure talent of some of the other women working their way through open wheel racing, but she is still there working away. Of all the women, she seems to epitomize the racer of old, scraping together the cash, racing when you can, no excessive glitz, - just a racer trying to keep it all together.

At least for me, she gets more respect than those other two combined and many of the male drivers.

YMMV.

I agree and frankly she isn't too bad when you have to turn left.

Sean Malone
03-04-10, 06:51 PM

YMMV.

She does deserve some props. Her money would go a lot farther in trucks or NASCAR West but she still keeps plugging away.

Andrew Longman
03-04-10, 08:54 PM
Elmo, gotta agree. My 14 yr old daughter has Danica, Legge and Fischer autographs (from long ago Atlantics days with Danica and Legge) but her idols now all play lacrosse and I am very cool with that.

NismoZ
03-04-10, 11:02 PM
Coyne just hired Milkers to a full season ride?:yuck: I wonder if J R Hildebrand will be the #2 'cause he's so inexperienced?:shakehead

Indy
03-05-10, 01:54 AM
:laugh:

meadors
03-07-10, 09:57 PM

YMMV.

Yep.

I say she deserves credit for working hard and not taking the easy way out for a buck.

eiregosod
03-08-10, 11:35 AM
just make the EARL an all-female series, oh wait :rofl:

Methanolandbrats
03-08-10, 12:17 PM
just make the EARL an all-female series, oh wait :rofl:
The new Roller Derby
http://adsoftheworld.com/files/images/RollerDerbyCalendar12.jpg

Fio1
03-08-10, 01:12 PM
What is J R Hildebrand doing btw? How did he ever get that F1 test deal? That was pretty cool. I hope he goes to GP2 or F.Nippon. Forget about stupid IRL; look what that did for Graham Rahal? :shakehead

extramundane
03-08-10, 01:44 PM
What is J R Hildebrand doing btw?

He's entered in Genoa's ALMS spec prototype w/ Andy Wallace. No idea if it's a Sebring-only deal or full season.

Elmo T
03-11-10, 07:07 AM
- I'd much prefer her be a fan of Sarah Fisher

Another point in her favor -

Rahal to drive for Sarah Fisher (http://www.racer.com/rahal-to-drive-for-sarah-fisher/article/165499/)

oddlycalm
03-14-10, 09:37 PM
Sounds like Simona had some real variety during her first EARL outing. She got to race everywhere from mid-pack to the lead to last position running. Best of all she managed not to stuff it or do any rookie moves. :thumbup:
HVM driver completes first race (http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=130444&newlang=&topic=21&catid=20)

oc

opinionated ow
03-14-10, 10:36 PM
Good to hear. She's already having more luck than Katherine <3 had.

dando
03-15-10, 10:05 AM
Sounds like Simona had some real variety during her first EARL outing. She got to race everywhere from mid-pack to the lead to last position running. Best of all she managed not to stuff it or do any rookie moves. :thumbup:
HVM driver completes first race (http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=130444&newlang=&topic=21&catid=20)

oc

Especially considering the variety of conditions and the first lap mess. :thumbup:

-Kevin